Sign in to follow this  
Guest Satbir

Amitabh Bachchan Claims He Is Guru Nanak Dev Ji's 17Th Generation Son!

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Although i have not heard this before, on seen the above vid, this may be possible as his mother - TEJI BACHHAN hailed from sikh family , still our faith does not give recognition to blood relations of descendents , only the deeds are respected .Hence even if he says so , as he is not following sikhh tenets he is as alien to us as any other person from a different faith

Edited by jasvendrasingh
  • Like 2

Meh, don't trust him anyway.

We're all related to Guru Nanak Dev Ji's physical form (all life on Earth is related), so whatever. The Guru took Guru Angad Dev Ji as his own, he didn't favour his own sons. What makes this guy think he is special?

Guru Gobind Singh straight up said we're all his sons and daughters.

Also: some long <banned word filter activated> advert at the start.

Edited by TheFancyBanana
  • Like 3

Meh, don't trust him anyway.

We're all related to Guru Nanak Dev Ji's physical form (all life on Earth is related), so whatever. The Guru took Guru Angad Dev Ji as his own, he didn't favour his own sons. What makes this guy think he is special?

Guru Gobind Singh straight up said we're all his sons and daughters.

Also: some long <banned word filter activated> advert at the start.

Nicely said.

When someone takes Amrit, he/she becomes son/daughter of Guru Gobind Singhji.

We are more closely related to Guruji than he is.

Plus, his questionable role in 1984, makes him traitor of Guru Sahib, not a descendent.

He possibly has a claim as his mother was descended from the line of Guru Nanak (the Bedi lineage). However as said above, such claims have no special place in Sikhi, its how the individual lives their life and deeds that they do which determine their merits, not their ancestory. The Jot went from Guru Nanak via the subsequent nine Gurus to Guru Gobind Singh ji and finally lies within our Guru Granth Sahib ji - full stop.

• Like 2

WJKK WJKF

Whether he is or whether he isn't, bares no importance as what Amitabh Bachan represents is everything else other than guru nanaks sikhi, I will do ardas that maybe he will find some attachment and understanding to the message of our guru, Akal purakhs messenger Shiri guru nanak dev ji and try to sanitise his soul as we all do. This highlights the issues within our own panth too, how people who follow sikhi promote the name "sodhi" or "bedi" in an attemt to claim ancestry of the gurus forgetting the very point our guru said, it's the rehat what's loved by the guru, not the sikh.

WJKK WJKF

• Like 2

His involvement in the massacres of Sikhs in 1984 show how much commitment he has to the Sikh faith. His mother was not religious, she ran off with a Hindu against her fathers wishes . She never claimed to be a Sikh.

• Like 1

That's an interesting unverified claim, but if lineage meant anything then Dhan Guru Nanak Dev Ji would have passed Gurgaddi onto his own kids, but in Gurbani it shows Sri Chand even went as far as to create an idol to disrespect Dhan Guru Arjan Dev Ji.

I will only remind myself that my own good or bad actions will determine whether I have the right to be called a Sikh of the Guru. Even being called a Sikh has really big shoes to fill.

When someone takes Amrit, he/she becomes son/daughter of Guru Gobind Singhji.

We are more closely related to Guruji than he is.

Plus, his questionable role in 1984, makes him traitor of Guru Sahib, not a descendent.

^^THIS!

• Like 1

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALS,A VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

Prithi Chand was the older brother of Guru Arjun Sahib. Dhir Mal was the elder brother of Guru Har Rai Sahib.

Blood relations are not held in high regard - conduct and deeds are.

Edited by ms514

I do wish the person that started this thread would realise his grammatical error, go back, press the edit button and change the 'admits' to 'claims'.

Every single person with the surname Bedi I have ever met in my entire life claims to be the descendant of Guru Nanak Dev ji. Logic says only a few of them can be right.

• Like 1

I would take his claims with a pinch of salt. It is true that Teji Bachchan his mother was from a 'sikh' family but what her commitment to Sikhi was is not clear. It takes a special someone to raise a monster who urges Hindus to kill his 'own' people.

Punjab is full of so-called descendants of Gurus. AS WLS said, all Bedis claims to be descendants of Guru Nanak and so do the Trehans, Bhallas and Sodhis claim to be descendants of the Gurus.

• Like 3