Nanaksaria Ashrams

Son of Scthia

These Nanaksaria Gurdwaras cannot be called Gurdwaras can they?

- THEY HAVE NO NISHAN SAHIB AT ANY OF THEIR "ASHRAMS" IN CANADA.

- ALTERED Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

- THEY HAVE THEIR OWN LIVING GURUS

- THEY ALLOW THE WEARING OF SHOES IN LANGAR AREA

- TABLES AND CHAIRS FOR ALL, I'm pro tables and chairs for the elderly but for all? Come on.

- THEY PLAY ALL THESE INSTRUMENTS THAT YOU CANT HEAR KIRTAN OVER.

People who tried to sit on the floor and take off their shoes for Langar were asked to leave by this gurdwara's committee who threatened to bring in Police. This was at a wedding.

Do you guys recognize this as a Gurdwara? They have all these living babas plastered on the walls and not one picture of our real Gurus. There was a hukamnama by Bhai Ranjit (then the Jathedar of Akal Takht) to stop this type of thing. Especially the altering of the SGGS.

The way they do Ardas is different and a picture of their living Guru right above SGGS.

They are no different then Radha Swamy, Nirankari and Namdhari.

Whadya think?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:|

get your facts straight please.

altered sri guru granth sahib jee?! who told u that???

no they dont!!! they simply follow the maryada that baba nand singh jee, a mahaan gursikh, followed. similar to akjs following bhai sahib randhir singh jee's maryada.

radha swaamis, naamdhaarees, nirankaarees are all TOTALLY different from nanaksar.

The way they do Ardas is different

andddd your point is??? ardaas is not something set in stone by our gurus. the only requirement is to recite the beginning shabad (sri bhagautee jee sahaai...), which they DO. and they do NOT add in their own 'living gurus' like naamdhaarees.

just because some of the things they do are a little different or in some cases wrong, does not mean they are a detriment to the panth.

please do your research before making judgements. we've discussed many times.... here's one of the many threads

on this:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.ppa?act=...340&hl=nanaksar

here are some things people said about nanaksar from that thread:

Who can describe the devotion and Sewa of Baba Nand Singh Ji, Baba Isher Singh Ji also inspired 7 lakh people in his lifetime to take Amrit. The Nanaksar Sampardaya is rich with Sikhi and love for Guru Ji. This won't change because of some attempts to malign certain people, or because of the fake people who under the label of Nanaksar spread lies and dishonesty.

However, the main Nanaksar is a beautiful experience, especially the Bhora Sahib where Babaji did intense Bhagti and was blessed with Guru Nanak Dev Ji's darshan. Every Puranmashi there is amazing Kirtan and the place is packed beyond belief.

Also, Baba Ji's Kirtania, Sant Sujan Singh Ji was the best Kirtania the Panth has been blessed with.  ^_^ Dhan Guru Nanak Toohee Nirankar, Dhan Babaji! ^_^

A good site to check out for valuable bachan and history of Nanaksar and Baba Ji is; http://www.babanandsinghsahib.org/main.htm

BTW, the first Sikh school opened in England and granted government status in the western world, which is flourishing today was opened by the Nanaksar Samparda. :wub:

Gurfateh

i love it when i go here in the uk. the diwaans are amazing and when the aarti is being down it feels like god has granted me a place in dargah my eyes puor out tears in enjoyment it touches me that much.
oh yah one BIG PLUS POINT FOR NANAKSAAAAAAAAAR IS THE SUPER AMOUNT OF DUPER RESPECT THEY GIVE 2 GURU SAHIB MAN THEY HAVE A BEDROOM, LIKE A REAL BEDROOM WITH A BUNK BED IN IT, AND BABA JI GETS THE TOP BUNK AND BELOW BABAJI IS THE CHAUR SAHIB AND OTHER PERSONAL EFFECTS OF GURU SAHIB

that is amazing, i think every gurdwara should be doing that, only the best for guru sahib:)

sometimes ppl mistake the word 'Nanaksari' for 'Nirankari'! haha and they get the idea that both of the terms refer to one thing but this is not right. People associted with Nanaksar have done a lot of seva. Yes, I know some things might not seem correct there but we shouldn't overlook the whole of Nanaksar as wrong.
The Sewa done by

Babaji for Guru Granth Sahib Ji was amazing. Once I remember my dad telling me that Babaji saw some Sikhs take Guru Ji out on a Nagar Kirtan, and they had no Chaur Sahib and no Ramala was on top for some reason. Babaji said to the Sewardar, go and call that man in charge of the procession. He came to Babaji and asked why he was called. Babaji said, what happens if someone throws dust into your eyes? Would you like that? He said no, it would hurt.

Babaji said, well dust is flying onto Guru Ji and you are sitting there doing nothing.

They took the Chaur Sahib themself and for endless hours did Sewa of Guru Ji.

The Sewadars were instructed to bathe everytime they went to relieve themselves before going to Guru Ji's hazoori, this maryada continues today. I've seen some Langars where people enter with shoes on, and tables and chairs everywhere, it's really sad.

The Nanaksar/Hazoor Sahib Maryada is amazing, utmost respect for Guru Ji

Ps. The reason why the Sewadars were white was because Babaji was particulary fond of this colour. They said it was pure and had no 'milawat' no mixing of different colours, this completely pure. Also, it's a colour where the slightest stain shows.

If one is ever in India they need to check out the Nanaksar Gurdwara in Kaleran and visit the Bhora Sahib. At this place Sant Baba Nand Singh Ji did tremendous amounts of Tup and this can still be felt, by any who enter, the feeling is hard to describe but it hits hard in the gut and its almost a ghostly experience. The amount of Bani and simran done at this place is unreal and can be felt in the air, its remarkable, and for this reason Sant gave buchan that all those who visit should keep the practice or make an ample effort in doing, 6 ma

las of mool mantrs per day, 5000x reciation of gurmanter, 200 sukhmani sahib paht and 600 Jap Ji Sahib Pahts a month and 12 Sehaj Paht within a year. (I may have made mistakes in the figures but the correct ones can be found on a sign posted at Bhora Sahib).

and here are the REAL issues that need to be resolved:
Langar is actually ONLY cooked there for Bhog and langar for sangat is brought in by sangat. I don't really like this part of their maryada. I think langar for everyone should be cooked at the Gurdwara Sahib by rehitvaan Sangat. We can't be sure about how someone's house is like.. but probably at the Gurdwara Sahibs which follow the 'pure' Nanaksar Maryada they only call that Sangat up who are 'sangis' or Nanaksar. Anyway, I still DON'T agree with this. But one good thing is that they atleast prepare the parshada for Guru Sahib themselves. The Langar maryada is actually a bit different for different Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahibs. Like at our Gurdwara Sahib they actually have 'kitchens' and Sangat has the option of bringing parshada from home or they can just cook it there.

No Nishan Sahib: This is WRONG, but maybe they don't have Nishan Sahibs because of political reasons.. they probably don't want to be considered part of the SGPC Gurdwara Sahib group.. anyway, whatever the reason it, I think all of our Gurdwara Sahibs should have Nishan Sahibs.

Different Rehit for bibiaa: ARGH!!! This is what I hate the most  There SHOULDN'T be any different rehit of Singhs or Kaurs. I don't know why this is practised but I'm sure this 'rehit' is carried out at most of the Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahibs. Maybe at Baba Nand Singh Ji's time any bibia didn't do s

eva because there wren't any proper buildings. Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib in Kalera wasn't built until Baba Isher Singh Ji's time. So Baba Ji just stayed in a hut type place and did Bhagti. So maybe this is why no bibia were there and later on I might have became a part of their rehit... I think this really needs to be changed though.

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

Very good post Gurjeet Bhenji... you have enlightened me on several things that I was unaware of! ^_^

I do have a question though... I have been to a Nanaksar 'Gurdwara' on two occasions, and in addition to the tables and chairs and the lack of a Nishan Sahib, there are also placed, inside the main hall beside the Guru Granth Sahib several large photos of various Hindu Sants and the like (Hindu in the fact that they aren't Sikh... cut hair, malas everywhere, etc.) Is this common among Nanaksari gurdwaras in general?

vwihgurU jI kw Kwlsw!

vwihgurU jI kI &iqh!!

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

- THEY HAVE NO NISHAN SAHIB AT ANY OF THEIR "ASHRAMS" IN CANADA.
Ashram is not the correct word here... If not Gurdwara Sahib, then it would be Thaath, as they call it.
- ALTERED Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji

Not what you mean by this but if this is the Larridaar issue then I have to agree, but otherwise, you are wrong because as far as I know seva of compiling Guru Ji's saroop is not done at Nanaksar printing press (Jagraaon).

ummm can you name them? As I have seem with my own eyes, the Nanaksar 'sangis' and all the sevadars have uttermost respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji Mahaaraaj. Baba Kundan Singh Ji was known throughout the Panth for the massive seva that he did of Guru Sahib while staying at Gurdwara Nanaksar Sahib in Kalera. He passed away recently. Even Baba Jernail Singh Ji Khal

sa used to praise Baba Kundan Singh Ji for his seva.

THEY ALLOW THE WEARING OF SHOES IN LANGAR AREA

Yeah, I have also noticed his problem at our local Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahib but mostly in the area where langar is cooked. People take the excuse that the marble gets way too cold and slippery so it's better to wear slippers but still it's not right. But again, it's not really Nanaksar to blame because on some part it's also a fault of ppl who do seva in the langar hall. Though I have never been to any Nanaksar Gurdwara Sahibs in Punjab, I don't think they would allow slippers over there.

- TABLES AND CHAIRS FOR ALL, I'm pro tables and chairs for the elderly but for all? Come on.
There aren't chairs at our local Gurdwara Sahibs. If a disabled person happens to come they are usually given milk crates to sit on.
- THEY PLAY ALL THESE INSTRUMENTS THAT YOU CANT HEAR KIRTAN OVER.

haha.. yeah too many talleaa hey :wub: Especially when they do dharnaas. lol

Anyway, there are many things that I agree with them on, and there are many where I don&

#39;t but I still wouldn't compare them to Narankaris, Radhaswamis or Naamdharis because whatever they do, they still haverespect for Guru Granth Sahib Ji.

and what the ardas, can you please quote the exact part which you think is anti-Panthik?

I agree with the picture bit. It gets kind of annoying sometimes and I hope they stop this soon.

anyway.. just my two (unbaised) cents..

vaaheguru ji ka khalsa vaaheguru ji ki fateh

Guest Akaal108

Here.. i dont know if this will help in this discussion or not.. just pasting it here...who knows.. it may benefit someone:

36 Principles of Sant Baba Nand Singhjee Maharaj

1) Sri Guru Granth Sahib shall have to be worshipped as a living Satguru Nanak Dev ji.

2) Prayers for getting rid of all worries, diseases, pains and poverty etc. shall have to be sincerely made

before Sri Guru Granth Sahib, fully believing that Satguru Nanak Dev ji is sitting there.

3) Whatever you eat or drink should be offered to Sri Guru Granth Sahib before you take the same.

4) The Satguru wants to test your intentions, devotion and sincerity. He is not in need of any worldly things. Whatever you place before him is a token of your affection for him. He is the True Giver.

5) One must spend at least two and a half hour in reciting Nit Nem, Sukhmani Sahib, uttering Waheguru, repeating the first stanza of Japji Sahib and performing paath of Sri Guru Granth Sahib.

6) One should recite Gurbani with utter devotion, purity of mind and body and should correctly read it.

7) The ragis should regularly sing these with devotion and with intention of pleasing the Satguru.

8 ) Those who are engaged in reciting Paath of Sri Guru Granth Sahib from the beginning to the end, as well as the singers of divine hymns must not cherish greed of any kind. The Sangat or the devotees etc. should serve them according to their capacity.

9) The Pooranmashi should be celebrated with devotion and in a befitting manner.

10) Every Sikh with his family members shall have to take Khande Da Amrit only then he can seek the protection of the Guru.

11) The child

ren must be taught Gurmukhi.

12) Gurdwaras should be established in every village and town.

13) Offerings in cash before Sri Guru Granth Sahib are prohibited.

14) The names of the children should be such in which some words denoting piety and religious tinge appear, such as, Gurmukh Singh, etc.

15) The Sikh should surrender his self to the Guru

16) The Sikh who serves the Guru with full devotion will get his grace.

17) The Guru will wipe off the sins of the True Sikh, when he leaves his I-am’ness and adopts ‘you’ and ‘yours’. In other words, when he leaves his ego and does not say, “I have done this. This is mine.” He should say “Everything belongs to God. He does everything. He confers all gifts.”

18 ) A true Sikh is a true yogi as well as a king.

19) A true Sikh must never forget God and the guru and should pray to God, “I am at fault, I shall abide by your will, I accept your orders.”

20 ) A true Sikh shall not look with evil eyes at others’ women or men.

21 ) The Guru helps the true Sikh and his protective powers accompany him at all places and times.

22 ) A Sikh should look towards the Guru for all kinds of protections.

23) Do no indulge in slandering or backbiting.

24) Collect virtues and abandon vices.

25) Never forget that you will die sooner or later.

26) One must sincerely serve one’s parents. In this connection, Pauri 13 of vaar 37 of Bhai Gurdas may be read, which tells us that if the man does not serve his parents sincerely, he will get no benefit by reading or hearing scriptures. That his meditation will bear no fruity, that his going to pilgrimage is useless and that he shall have to undergo punishments of transmigration.

27) The man should be faithful to his wife and the wife should be faithful to her husband

28 ) Believe firmly that all the Sikh Gurus are embodiments of God.

29) For the Sikh, his Guru is King of kings.

30) Leave pride. You cannot

know when the mind will adopt evil. So never boast of your virtues.

31) Never use intoxicants of any kind.

32) God and the Guru hear sincere prayers of a sincere devotee.

33) One must leave one’s worldly wisdom and adopt that of the Guru.

34) Never adopt the profession of a beggar.

35) Remember and sing the excellences, virtues and praises of God and the Guru.

36) The man must put his utmost efforts to gain the true object of human life, which is, the merger of the soul with the Supreme Soul.

-They don’t keep Nishan Sahibs.

-They don’t allow Langer to be prepared in a Nanaksari Gurdwara. Instead people have to cook food in their own houses and bring it to the Nanaksari Gurdwara.

-They don’t allow people to put money in the Golakh to Guru Sahib Jee. But they do accept checks which seems very hypocritical of them.

-They betrayed the Panth in 1984 along with Santa Singh Nihang by siding with Indira Gandhi.

-Their Babas are not allowed to marry. These Bachelar Babas are called “Bihangams”. Because they are not allowed to marry, many have not been able to control their $exual urges and this has consequently led to many $exual assaults on women and even little children. Perfect example is Baba Harnek Singh of the Nanaksar sect, plus Sikhi promotes a householder lifestyle doesnt it?

-They worship pictures, which is contradictory to the fundamentals of Sikhism as Sikhism is against such forms of idolatry.

I dont know about you guys, I see no one higher then God, I have no respect for men that claim to be Babas, let their actions do the talking: example. Sant Jarnail Singh ji Khalsa.

There was a hukamnama by Bhai Ranjit (then the Jathedar of Akal Takht) to stop this type of thing.

Does the Akal Takht not have the final word? Answer yes or no please, YES or NO