Racist Rant On Sangat Tv!

Unity121

I think all right minded Sikhs are now waiting for all those community elders and organisation members present on that sad day at Derby Gurdwara to distance themselves from this persons comments and behaviour.

Inside closed doors a person may do as they please within reason and harbour whichever views he or she wishes. But to say such shocking, harmful, evil words in the presence of Guru Granth Sahib Ji and the sangat is unacceptable. I think if the leaders are serious about following the Gurus teachings, protecting our image, setting the right example to the next generation then this should be referred to the Akal Takhat for them to make a decision on, such is the gravity of what happened.

This would send out the signal that we do not adhere to mere words but those words speak through our actions. I think this is a landmark event. Nothing of this type has ever happened before from a U.K Gurdwara stage or indeed probably a Gurdwara stage anywhere. This will also prove to our brothers and sisters who feel alienated because of such people that we are not all the same. It will be interesting to see what step is now taken.

WJKK WJKF

I agree with everything you have said but I believe nothing will happen. If nobody at that particular time stood up to stop this beadbi out of the sangat, nobody will raise the issue after especially ou so called leaders. It's the sangat who should raise this complaint to the channel as it should be condoned and not ignored. Sikhs these days are to worried about arguing in regards to the meat issue, rather than highlighting and condemning this sort of thing. The small amount of contributors to this very post reflects the view of many "sikhs". Many people agree with the sentiments expressed on that stage, only a few dont. Someone soon enough will come and post that you and me are internet warriors and what are we gona do about it lol. However simply by updating the sangat on this forum is actually doing something about it.

I think complaints should be made to the channel, the channel what also broadcasts the "sikh" matrimonial show, which is caste based as discussed before.

WJKK WJKF

NOTHING is going to happen until we completely disown caste (no caste based marriages / no surnames/ no asking surnames / judging others based on their lineage )

Jaat na poocho sach ghar leho batai

sa jaat sa paat hai jehe karam kamai

Let me ask this , How many people expressing disgust on this thread still use a castist last name ?

here being learner I have seen most of the sikhs are hypocrite when it comes to castes/castenames.. bcz these people can lose sikhi but can't social status...

CLARIFICATION

Sri Guru Singh Sabha
Gurdwara

Clarification of alleged incident on Derby Question & Answer session broadcasted 20th April 2014

Q & A sessions are being regularly held by panellists of Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby on Sangat TV (Sky 847) on Sundays from 4 to 5.30 PM for more than two years. A session of Q & A was held on 20th April 2014 on the last day of week-long religious ceremonies at the Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby. The panellists reflected on the constitution of Sikh concept of governance. All panellists expounded on the Sikh philosophy contained in Sri Guru Granth Sahib that is founded on liberty, fraternity, equality and justice. Also facts about meditation, sharing, earnest earning, service, democratisation and decentralisation were highlighted. It was clearly emphasised that there was no place for discrimination against any one on caste, creed, race, religion, region and gender. Joga Singh mentioned that AKJ’s practices are anti-caste and anti-racial as inter-caste marriages have been performed in it since its inception. This has been recognised by the complainant.
However, a complaint has been made against Mr ***** Singh from Bedford who spoke for the first time on that day and was attending the religious functions in Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby. He was given to speak towards the last two minutes of the programme.

Overall, he spoke in support of equality and no caste discrimination. He took the example of water that is used in the kitchen as well as in the toilet but it is the same water at both places. The same way the essence in all individuals is the same, and hence there exists no place for discrimination. Unfortunately, when he was mentioning about the sameness of water as a foundation to his argument there occurred a technical fault in the live TV relay from Derby side. The Sangat TV called Derby and told that the picture had frozen. Before the relay could resume the Derby Q & A time had already finished and Mr ****** Singh’s speech was only heard partly which has been (and could be) misinterpreted.

In no way Mr ****** Singh deviated from other panellists in conveying that here was no place for caste discrimination in the Sikh religion. Had he made any derogatory comments against any caste the hundreds of Sangat sitting in front of this relay in Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby would have objected. But none did so as his remarks were not anti-caste.

We express our concern and regret for the unintentional interruption in the TV relay that resulted in distortions of speech to the extent of being misinterpreted and causing a hurt to some viewers. We reiterate that we fully believe and practice equality in accordance with our Gurus’ dictates. We have no hesitation in condemning anybody speaking against the basic principles of Sikhi that entail equality of all humans.
We shall observe more caution in the future.

Q & A Team of Sangat TV (Sky 847)
Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby
27th April 2014

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!!!

CLARIFICATION

Sri Guru Singh Sabha

Gurdwara

Clarification of alleged incident on Derby Question & Answer session broadcasted 20th April 2014

Q & A sessions are being regularly held by panellists of Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby on Sangat TV (Sky 847) on Sundays from 4 to 5.30 PM for more than two years. A session of Q & A was held on 20th April 2014 on the last day of week-long religious ceremonies at the Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby. The panellists reflected on the constitution of Sikh concept of governance. All panellists expounded on the Sikh philosophy contained in Sri Guru Granth Sahib that is founded on liberty, fraternity, equality and justice. Also facts about meditation, sharing, earnest earning, service, democratisation and decentralisation were highlighted. It was clearly emphasised that there was no place for discrimination against any one on caste, creed, race, religion, region and gender. Joga Singh mentioned that AKJ’s practices are anti-caste and anti-racial as inter-caste marriages have been performed in it since its inception. This has been recognised by the complainant.

However, a complaint has been made against Mr ***** Singh from Bedford who spoke for the first time on that day and was attending the religious functions in Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby. He was given to speak towards the last two minutes of the programme.

Overall, he spoke in support of equality and no caste discrimination. He took the example of water that is used in the kitchen as well as in the toilet but it is the same water at both places. The same way the essence in all individuals is the same, and hence there exists no place for discrimination. Unfortunately, when he was mentioning about the sameness of water as a foundation to his argument there occurred a technical fault in the live TV relay from Derby side. The Sangat TV called Derby and told that the picture had frozen. Before the relay could resume the Derby Q & A time had already finished and Mr ****** Singh’s speech was only heard partly which has been (and could be) misinterpreted.

In no way Mr ****** Singh deviated from other panellists in conveying that here was no place for caste discrimination in the Sikh religion. Had he made any derogatory comments against any caste the hundreds of Sangat sitting in front of this relay in Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby would have objected. But none did so as his remarks were not anti-caste.

We express our concern and regret for the unintentional interruption in the TV relay that resulted in distortions of speech to the extent of being misinterpreted and causing a hurt to some viewers. We reiterate that we fully believe and practice equality in accordance with our Gurus’ dictates. We have no hesitation in condemning anybody speaking against the basic principles of Sikhi that entail equality of all humans.

We shall observe more caution in the future.

Q & A Team of Sangat TV (Sky 847)

Singh Sabha Gurdwara, Derby

27th April 2014

Vaheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Vaheguru Ji Ki Fateh !!!!

Thanks for clarification.

Lol! That is so weak and down right untrue. Anyway I have been told it was reviewed by Derby Gurughar.

He had finished the point and had moved on to another topic. The video has been put up on youtube.

All the other speakers spoke of the need to tackle the issue of caste, as it is a problem within our community. He said "caste will end with time (implying we don't need to get involved.) Time always changes things. The same water that comes out of the tap in our houses is the same water that is in our homes in our toilets. You are all knowledgable have you ever drank water out of the toilet?? Because it is a matter of quality. When people will change their habits and obtain 'ghun' then others will start liking them!!!!!! And then caste will end!!!!!!!!! Implying that people of lower social status are without ghun and unliked!!!!

Bhai Joga Singh made an excellent speech. Following this the other speaks talks utter rubbish.

I have just been informed they are reviewing what happened and having a follow up show this Sunday where the person has been asked to clarify what he meant. This will be interesting. Especially as I have since heard this has not been the first time he has used this example when informing someone that so called 'lower class' people are beneath him. I have also been told that three people have witnessed him saying the exact same thing previously.

Here's the video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XgexN81z2Sg

Follow up show Sunday 4th May at 16.00 from Derby Gurdwara. Respect to Sangat Tv for bringing this issue up after reviewing their position. I don't think the guy will clear his position on Sunday because how can he? I think if the issue is not cleared anti discrimination groups should take up the issue with full vigour.

A Singh from kesri Lehar just came on Venus tv and absolutely slated the kempston gurdwara speaker for his views. Will upload soon. Said totally against sikhi and rajoana sohchi which he stands up for.

Lol! That is so weak and down right untrue. Anyway I have been told it was reviewed by Derby Gurughar.

He had finished the point and had moved on to another topic. The video has been put up on youtube.

All the other speakers spoke of the need to tackle the issue of caste, as it is a problem within our community. He said "caste will end with time (implying we don't need to get involved.) Time always changes things. The same water that comes out of the tap in our houses is the same water that is in our homes in our toilets. You are all knowledgable have you ever drank water out of the toilet?? Because it is a matter of quality. When people will change their habits and obtain 'ghun' then others will start liking them!!!!!! And then caste will end!!!!!!!!! Implying that people of lower social status are without ghun and unliked!!!!

Bhai Joga Singh made an excellent speech. Following this the other speaks talks utter rubbish.

I have just been informed they are reviewing what happened and having a follow up show this Sunday where the person has been asked to clarify what he meant. This will be interesting. Especially as I have since heard this has not been the first time he has used this example when informing someone that so called 'lower class' people are beneath him. I have also been told that three people have witnessed him saying the exact same thing previously.

Here's the video

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XgexN81z2Sg

Follow up show Sunday 4th May at 16.00 from Derby Gurdwara. Respect to Sangat Tv for bringing this issue up after reviewing their position. I don't think the guy will clear his position on Sunday because how can he? I think if the issue is not cleared anti discrimination groups should take up the issue with full vigour.

A Singh from kesri Lehar just came on Venus tv and absolutely slated the kempston gurdwara speaker for his views. Will upload soon. Said totally against sikhi and rajoana sohchi which he stands up for.

WJKK WJKF,

Totally agree with your views, it's funny how it's an "alleged" incident and how "overall" the speaker is anti caste lol? What a metaphor to use, how daft do they think sangat is to state in their clarification that the metaphor he gave was about equality, rightly said by you you only drink water from a tap, not out the toilet as due to the quality and more to the point and stating the obvious, one urinates and excretes in the toilet! Why oh why would someone use that as a metaphor lol? As got the sangat, either they supported his views or many were simply giddhar, as a sikh of Shiri guru gobind Singh would have roared this fool down. I'm not to concerned either about when and what the akj'a believe system is or what they are based on, as my only believe system is that of one kaum, one caste, one creed, one khalsa!

WJKK WJKF