Tea  

45 members have voted

1. 1. How do u make your tea?

• Desi style - water, Laung lechia, tea bags or leaves, saunf, milk, sugar all in one pathila (pan)
    • Western style - tea bag (sugar) (milk) in mug with boiled kettle water
    • Black tea without milk or sugar - western style
    • Black tea with sugar - western style
    • Any sort of herbal tea?
    • Adrak (Ginger)
    • No tea
    • Alternatives or additional info. can be added by replying to the post.

• 3 weeks later...

Camomille or Chamoille ,as some call it , is not tea at all. It is stamen( the male part producing pollen in flower ) dried from the flowers of a plant with same name , grown in Europe .It has very soothing and calming effect , unlike tea which acts as stimulant . In iIndia , people in Himachal add Rhododendron petals for the same effect . Tea prepared from Green unprocessed leaves has very ghood quality Flavanoids ( anti oxidants )and is good for heealth. While the processed CTC (general Black Tea ) variety has very little of these good effects ( 70- 80 % lost during processing ) and added are some bad effects .

Desi Masalaa (Khalsa Tea , desi chai or Chahta , Saunfa , GHaram Jal omg so many names ) is a concoctions of spices only sans real tea , and is good for general health & digestion

• 10 months later...

I can't recall specifics, but apparently the caffeine in tea isn't desirable. It's meant to be almost a drug of sorts. Of course, it won't damage a person like hard drugs, lol, but I think it disturbs an individual's spiritual equilibrium if you're into that sort of thing.

My direct experience with tea is that it will spoil your restful sleep at night so that you are not fresh enough to wake up at Amrit vela. That way you start slipping in your routine. However tea taken at the right time - before noon sometimes can be a better option. When I went off tea completely, I was feeling too sleepy or I would sleep too much. Therefore it is an individual choice, it may help your spiritual life or it may decline it. Black tea without sugar is the best as milk acts to neutralise the healing effects of the antioxidants which exist in normal tea.

• 4 years later...
On 12/31/2014 at 12:41 AM, jasvendrasingh said:

We in punjab have Khalsa Chah , prepared by some Singh Shopkeeper at Amritsar, same item is available y different ayurvedik pharmacies unde name desi chai, another good one I got from namdhari ppl the call it chahta, even my dad used to prepare it home by mxing some exotic herbs with saunf, dalchini , laung , mulethi etc. I also use green & white unprocessed tealeves which are very rich in anti oxidants and vwry nild in taste . For me coffee & black tea and normal cha are taboo

Is Desi Cha Khalsa Cha? If not what's the difference?

It's important to keep your body in balance. So at times when your immune system is weak you may benefit from ayurvedic herbs and spices. Even the caffeine in tea and coffee can help jump start your system as it stimulates the nervous system. 

However if your body is strong you should not need to rely on any of these.  Simple water should do.

I use all sorts of teas/coffee and spices to aid digestion, remove toxins/headaches. I have now made my own concoction of spices that I experiment with from time to time.

Currently am using my version of this recipe.  

https://youtu.be/zz8kBTtbwdI

What do you recommend?

16 hours ago, intrigued said:

Is Desi Cha Khalsa Cha? If not what's the difference?

Khalsa Cha is an extensive mix of herbs and spices and contains no tea leaves per se and no caffine. 

When Sensei's wife tastes something sometimes she says mmmm campo des which is japanese for it's a traditional medicine. And Khalsa Cha is campo for sure. 

She's said that before when I gave her high end chinese ginsing, and yerba mate from argentina. 

I recently gave up caffine, I'll have to get Khalsa Cha again, no more mate, no more cha for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 3:21 AM, GurjantGnostic said:

Khalsa Cha is an extensive mix of herbs and spices and contains no tea leaves per se and no caffine. 

Found this online - does this seem like Khalsa Cha?: http://www.khalsaherbals.com/herbal-tea.htm

2 minutes ago, Premi5 said:

Anyone with thoughts on daalchini/cinnamon tea?

One of the ingredients in the link i posted above has daal chini so I think it should be fine