Money

stingers12

In now days we can't survive without money , is money everything , should we work so hard and a easy life and be rich , without money can't buy food , clothes , blankets anything , without it we can't survive , that means money is everything someone, englightn me plz

For me personally, I have spent too much of my life doing what the majority of the population do............

and too many of us have these same incentives of ..wanting to go to bed every night being richer than when you woke up !

When you start living this way, it's very difficult to breakaway and this takes over you, your health and then your life.

How many of us punjabis don't have time to look after our 'harmandir' sareers because we don't have time, as we too busy making cash ?

We all know some good uncleji that slogged it out all his life, never went back to punjab enough, didn't spend quality time with his family, didn't have time for waheguru...etc..because he was too busy making extra bucks .............only to die of something like heart disease because of the neglect to his harmandir sareer. This could have been many factors like weight gain, pot belly hanging out, super high cholesterol...and on top of that- Stress on the body and Mind that was all self induced from haumai and greed.

Anyway like I said, a good number of us 'want to go to bed being richer than when we woke up'.

However, the Real and TRUE priority should be of ''Wanting to go to bed being more closer and having more love for waheguru, than when you woke up''

We would truly realize the value of this experience of life that we are given, if our intentions were more inclined this way.....away from maya.

We have to try hard to not let maya dictate our priorities.

In now days we can't survive without money , is money everything , should we work so hard and a easy life and be rich , without money can't buy food , clothes , blankets anything , without it we can't survive , that means money is everything someone, englightn me plz

Firstly

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਜਿਸੁ ਉਦਰੁ ਤਿਸੁ ਮਾਇਆ ॥

कहि कबीर जिसु उदरु तिसु माइआ ॥

Kahi Kabīr jis uḏar ṯis māiā.

Says Kabeer, whoever has a belly to fill, is under the spell of Maya.

ਉਦਰੁ = ਢਿੱਡ।

ਕਬੀਰ ਆਖਦਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ (ਮੁੱਕਦੀ ਗੱਲ ਇਹ ਹੈ ਕਿ) ਜਿਸ ਨੂੰ ਢਿੱਡ ਲੱਗਾ ਹੋਇਆ ਹੈ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ (ਭਾਵ, ਹਰੇਕ ਜੀਵ ਨੂੰ) ਮਾਇਆ ਵਿਆਪ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ।

ਤਬ ਛੂਟੇ ਜਬ ਸਾਧੂ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੫॥੫॥੧੩॥

तब छूटे जब साधू पाइआ ॥५॥५॥१३॥

Ŧab cẖẖūte jab sāḏẖū pāiā. ||5||5||13||

The mortal is emancipated only when he meets the Holy Saint. ||5||5||13||

xxx॥੫॥੫॥੧੩॥

ਜਦੋਂ ਗੁਰੂ ਮਿਲੇ ਤਦੋਂ ਹੀ ਜੀਵ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੇ ਪ੍ਰਭਾਵ ਤੋਂ ਬਚਦਾ ਹੈ ॥੫॥੫॥੧੩॥

Source - http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=1160&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=1&fb=0

Secondly

ਸੰਪੈ ਕਉ ਈਸਰੁ ਧਿਆਈਐ ॥

Sanpai Ko Eesar Dhhiaaeeai ||

स्मपै कउ ईसरु धिआईऐ ॥

For wealth, some meditate on the Lord.

9 ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੯੩੭ ਪੰ. ੯

Raag Raamkali Dakhni Guru Nanak Dev

ਸੰਪੈ ਪੁਰਬਿ ਲਿਖੇ ਕੀ ਪਾਈਐ ॥

Sanpai Purab Likhae Kee Paaeeai ||

स्मपै पुरबि लिखे की पाईऐ ॥

By pre-ordained destiny, wealth is obtained.

10 ਰਾਮਕਲੀ ਓਅੰਕਾਰ (ਮ: ੧) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੯੩੭ ਪੰ. ੧੦

ਸੰਪੈ ਕਾਰਣਿ ਚਾਕਰ ਚੋਰ ॥

Sanpai Kaaran Chaakar Chor ||

स्मपै कारणि चाकर चोर ॥

For the sake of wealth, some become servants or thieves.

ਸੰਪੈ ਸਾਥਿ ਨ ਚਾਲੈ ਹੋਰ ॥

Sanpai Saathh N Chaalai Hor ||

स्मपै साथि न चालै होर ॥

Wealth does not go along with them when they die; it passes into the hands of others.

Source - http://searchgurbani.com/scriptures/ang/937/line/40155

Thirdly

ਜਿਸੁ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਬਹੁਤੁ ਤਿਸੈ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਚਿੰਤਾ ॥

Jis Grihi Bahuth Thisai Grihi Chinthaa ||

जिसु ग्रिहि बहुतु तिसै ग्रिहि चिंता ॥

The household which is filled with abundance - that household suffers anxiety.

3 ਮਾਰੂ (ਮ: ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੦੧੯ ਪੰ. ੮

Raag Maaroo Guru Arjan Dev Page:1019 Line: 8

ਜਿਸੁ ਗ੍ਰਿਹਿ ਥੋਰੀ ਸੁ ਫਿਰੈ ਭ੍ਰਮੰਤਾ ॥

Jis Grihi Thhoree S Firai Bhramanthaa ||

जिसु ग्रिहि थोरी सु फिरै भ्रमंता ॥

One whose household has little, wanders around searching for more.

4 ਮਾਰੂ (ਮ: ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੦੧੯ ਪੰ. ੮

ਦੁਹੂ ਬਿਵਸਥਾ ਤੇ ਜੋ ਮੁਕਤਾ ਸੋਈ ਸੁਹੇਲਾ ਭਾਲੀਐ ॥੧॥

Dhuhoo Bivasathhaa Thae Jo Mukathaa Soee Suhaelaa Bhaaleeai ||1||

दुहू बिवसथा ते जो मुकता सोई सुहेला भालीऐ ॥१॥

He alone is happy and at peace, who is liberated from both conditions. ||1||

5 ਮਾਰੂ (ਮ: ੫) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੦੧੯ ਪੰ. ੮

Lastly

ਮਾਇਆ ਮਹਿ ਜਿਸੁ ਰਖੈ ਉਦਾਸੁ ॥

Maaeiaa Mehi Jis Rakhai Oudhaas ||

माइआ महि जिसु रखै उदासु ॥

One whom the Lord keeps detached from Maya

12 ਭੈਰਉ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੧੫੭ ਪੰ. ੧੮

Raag Bhaira-o Bhagat Kabir Page:1157 Line: 18

ਕਹਿ ਕਬੀਰ ਹਉ ਤਾ ਕੋ ਦਾਸੁ ॥੪॥੧॥

Kehi Kabeer Ho Thaa Ko Dhaas ||4||1||

कहि कबीर हउ ता को दासु ॥४॥१॥

- says Kabeer, I am his slave. ||4||1||

13 ਭੈਰਉ (ਭ. ਕਬੀਰ) ਗੁਰੂ ਗ੍ਰੰਥ ਸਾਹਿਬ : ਅੰਗ ੧੧੫੭ ਪੰ. ੧੯

Raag Bhaira-o Bhagat Kabir Page:1157 Line: 19

From my little knowledge of Gurmat have understood that everyone is under spell of Maya, only Saadhu is immune.

All want wealth but we receive as per pre-ordained Destiny.

Middle class lifestyle is best as High & Low suffer from anxiety plus restlessness.

Highest stage/Avastha can only be reached by Waheguru's grace which is "Maya vich udaasi".

Living in material world without any attachment.

It is sad to see money run this world, it does take money to make money. But like the others said dont let it rule you, Work becuase your have a passion for actually doing whatever it is your doing......... Personally id prefer Happiness over Money anyday

:respect: :respect: :respect: :respect:

Then how do things like Mukat Marg Granth and Sharda Pooran Granth fit into this? If you are only to get what is destined then why did the Guru's or the saints write these granths to help with specific financial problems? Bhagat Prailaad ji comes to mind who did bhagti for raaj.

Then how do things like Mukat Marg Granth and Sharda Pooran Granth fit into this? If you are only to get what is destined then why did the Guru's or the saints write these granths to help with specific financial problems? Bhagat Prailaad ji comes to mind who did bhagti for raaj.

I'm sorry but maybe my ignorance fails me to understand what you mention above, especially bhagat Prahlaad ?

Do you think that there are spiritual practices prescribed for financial gain ??

Do you think that prosperity and wealth actually mean bank notes ?

I'm sorry but maybe my ignorance fails me to understand what you mention above, especially bhagat Prahlaad ?

Do you think that there are spiritual practices prescribed for financial gain ??

Do you think that prosperity and wealth actually mean bank notes ?

read mukat marag granth, list's specific answers to certain problems and sais to be recited by tenth master at hazoor sahib.....Bhagat Praihlaad got into bhagti for raaj but then as he went on in bhagti he lost the desire for it.....but the initial motivation was money/things/loss of staus