Sign in to follow this  
MannatSingh

Paathi Watching Youtube While Reading Akhand Paath

WJKK WJFK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCX6E2TGNU&feature=youtu.be

Video shows Paathi who is the president of the Gurdwara as well watching youtube during his raul in akhand paath sahib.

Akhand paath should be read and listened to by the sangat, and not merely read as a ritual to make money for gurdwara's. No one is getting laha of more than one akhand paath being read at the same time. Sangat needs to stop this from happening around the world, gurdwara's are turning into money making machines and too much beadbi happens with numerous akhand paaths happening all at once. Gurbani is not ritualistic verses like brahmin veda's... Gurbani is a our guru, our teacher for our lives and we are doing so much beadbi in Akhand Paath's.

Sangats views?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

We in our family do paath ourselves , if necessary , wherever family members reside (we are all doing Jobs ) ,local sangat joins to help in case of need opting for daytime rauls , the night duties are taken by family members voluntarily . If necessary no is not present , we go for sehaj path , continuing recitation 8-12 hrs daily and performing samapti bhog on fixed date .This way , we get to recite and listen baani and able to understand and imbibe the values taught by Guru Sahib ji in gurbaani .

We do not wish to take pride in it , just we are doing what has been taught by our great parents and the MAha purushs we came across in our life , we are just following the way of Life shown by them .

REquest sangat to undertake the recitationn of Gurbanii themselves (as far as possible ) or take paathis from reliable pool guaranteeing the life of the paathi singhs , and above all please spare time to listen also , otherwise there is no use of performimg paaths

• Like 1

This is why someone has to be there present listening to the Aakhand Paath. It is totally pointless then. Also many ragis are not speaking while akhand paath is going on and might be skipping words or even pages. Akhand paath is supposed to be done perfectly.

Bhai Jugraj Singh even shares a sakhi that wwII sikh soldiers were slacking during the aakand paath and did it over again. Nowadays its even worse.

Wow! This is just prospecg street gurdwara all over. Nothing new. Dont know why im surprised

This is disgusting the horrible creature has no respect for Sri Guru Granth Sahib Ji - you can tell by the way he just flicks the Aanng of Maharaj Saroop - he clearly has no love for our Guru Ji. He also is shown to strech his legs out underneath the Guru Granth Sahib Ji - he should be banned from doing any future recitation of the Guru Granth Sahib Ji. A mistake like the ones he has made are unforgivable! He obviously has ulterior motives!

hated to see him flip over angs of Guru Ji like that.

do you understand the topic being discussed?

and you don't hate him watching his cell phone while doing path.

disgraceful. No Sharam or Darr in the Hazuri of Guru Sahib. He should also wear proper clothing for Akhand Paath Seva instead of Pants.

This paathi was caught sleeping

do you understand the topic being discussed?

and you don't hate him watching his cell phone while doing path.

I do

I guess that went without saying.

WJKK WJFK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXCX6E2TGNU&feature=youtu.be

Video shows Paathi who is the president of the Gurdwara as well watching youtube during his raul in akhand paath sahib.

Akhand paath should be read and listened to by the sangat, and not merely read as a ritual to make money for gurdwara's. No one is getting laha of more than one akhand paath being read at the same time. Sangat needs to stop this from happening around the world, gurdwara's are turning into money making machines and too much beadbi happens with numerous akhand paaths happening all at once. Gurbani is not ritualistic verses like brahmin veda's... Gurbani is a our guru, our teacher for our lives and we are doing so much beadbi in Akhand Paath's.

Sangats views?

Bhul Chuk Maaf

He needs a pounding and the sangat needs to remove the current committee for giving him a place at the gurdwara sahib

THERE ALL NEED TO BE REMOVED

Edited by 1ManArmy

I do

I guess that went without saying.

matter & the fact is shouldnot we hate ourselves , that we cannot spare time to listen to Gurbani or recite ourselves , instead we bewhy cannt lieve in ritualism of getting the Paath done , are not we trying to cheat ourselves & guru Sahib ji , our ten Guru Sahibaan taught us to rise above Ritualism and we still fall for it ?Why cannot we spare

TIME TO atleast listen the Paath if we want to get it done , do we not have even 2days spare in the name of Guru? biggest shame is on the person who is getting it done by paying for it.

are not we trying to cheat ourselves & guru Sahib ji ,

Bhaji, we ARE cheating the Great Guru. But the problem is that people who control Gurdwaras are negligent in this duty. if they set some kind of program whereby families who have Akhand Paths, have a specific duty involving paath-pooja, then things can get better.

Akhand paaths are booked months in advance so no family could use the excuse that they don't know what to do, or can't learn what to do.

Committees only care about money, in my experience.

Bhaji, we ARE cheating the Great Guru. But the problem is that people who control Gurdwaras are negligent in this duty. if they set some kind of program whereby families who have Akhand Paths, have a specific duty involving paath-pooja, then things can get better.

Akhand paaths are booked months in advance so no family could use the excuse that they don't know what to do, or can't learn what to do.

Committees only care about money, in my experience.

Actually what I want to point is why indulge in the ritualism ? cannot we spare 2-3 hrs per day to do path ourselves at home if we really want a thanksgiving , we can perform full sehaj path in 10-15 days , and we will really get laha of understanding Baani really .Which in turn make us eligible for more kirpa from the eternal Force.

Actually what I want to point is why indulge in the ritualism ?

Little understanding of the concept amongst Sikh people = greed of gurdwaras run as businesses.

Why would a Gurdwara turn down an akhand paath when they can get £1000 (in the UK) for doing it?

• Like 1