What Is The Reason Of Increasing Patitpuna In Younger Generation Of Sikhs?

JSinghnz

Yes it would hurt not to see a turban on fellow Sikh brothers but in a way if its inevitable if its in waheguru ji's plan and hakum then there is nothing we can stop it... we can delay it by forcing Sikhs either wear turban or dont claim to be Sikh and then even more will run away from sikhi and sikhi will be in a worse condition than Zoroastrian population is now.

To keep kesh for a non-amritdhari khalsa Sikh ....it is....

It is optional it is optional it is optional..

Show me where in SGGS Ji it says it is mandatory?

I have spent almost 18 years being cutsurd..not because of anything else but because of the company I got...It does not mean this company did not belong to Good human beings ..It was but not according to sikhi way....My point of view is that sikhi is very simple if we follow according to Gurmat..Every word of any of the Guru..means a lot to us...They were one Jot..Does not matter which word belongs to a particular Guru. Every Religion has been served with some discipline ..and if someone wants to be religious he has to follow that discipline because discipline brings the uniformity in actions and goals....

if someone has pure and clean heart and huge love for sikhi he/she would keep hair definitely and believe me someone who is saying I m follower of Baba nanak but not of Gobind singh means he/she trolling with himself/herself... believe me with sachi sharda and lagan read Gurmat of baba nanak ,Baba nanak is also showing the establishment of khalsa panth from his thoughts one day..and that's what guru gobind singh did....He has done everything that was compatible with the thoughts of other gurus as well....

Instead of making difference among the Gurus, people like you and even me should be ashamed that how much we have fallen that just for manmat we re ready to change the Gurus but would not change our self.....Jameer mar gya, Khoon da rang cheeta ho gya..

What has been ordered us we re so desperate not to follow...and what has not been ordered We re ready to follow eagerly ..:(

Debating debating will lead to nothing but useless tensions. It is clearly mentioned in Shri Guru Granth Sahib ji that only that person recite his Name whom the God inpires. Yes the elders are responsible for the existing condition of our generation but when i see some sikhs following khalsa panth in a better way compared to their elders than only one thought comes to my mind.

"Let the God or Lord inspire the one whom he wants to inspire to be with him".

A net loss is of no concern to Sikhi.

We need quality and not quantity.

And quality will take us to what we were earlier- The rulers and not slaves.

Kings and not common people.

Lions and not sheep.

If you were a Sikh and promoting Sikhi you would not come out with such non sense.

So you need to relook at your ridiculous offering of calling "patits" Sikhs

and promoting more "patitpuna."

This is my last contribution to this thread and all im going to say is I whole heartedly disagree because we need quantity and quality!

Without quantity you dont have a generations to carry this beautiful faith on

Without quantity you dont have votes that are important in an increasingly democratic world where numbers count and numbers form majorities and majorities form elected parties that form governments that usually carry out the agenda of what the majority want.

Without quantity you will be virtually voiceless because authorities think your a insignificant minority who cares what you thinks? just like the condition of sikhs in afghanaistan and pakistan because they are such a small number compared to the majority muslim population that politicians dont care for what minorities have to say.

You can talk about quality all you like and you have seen an increasingly number of youth that are not keeping rehat or being patits because of the various factors I and others have stated.... dont you think its better that before we force a child to keep rehat that they are allowed free choice to be who they want to be and at the same time give them knowledge of sggs ji without forcing them into khalsa roop.

When you say quality yes quality is important especially important when you become a khalsa hence we should not be forcing people to keep kesh in order to prove they are sikhs because its a false argument and many people are rushed into becoming khalsa's when they lack the respect, love and dedication it takes to become one...so therefore most khalsa's lack quality these days because SGPC tells you push everyone who claims to be sikh into the khalsa order.... no this does not work if you want quality and you have seen waheguru ji's haukum by the youth rejecting this idea and becoming estranged from sikhi. Which is the worst outcome you can have for a faith that was manifested not to cause divisions especially based on appearance..... but to bring people together.

someone who is saying I m follower of Baba nanak but not of Gobind singh means he/she trolling with himself/herself... believe me with sachi sharda and lagan read Gurmat of baba nanak ,Baba nanak is also showing the establishment of khalsa panth from his thoughts one day..and that's what guru gobind singh did....He has done everything that was compatible with the thoughts of other gurus as well....

Yes Guru Nanak Dev ji did lay down many rules which built up to the khalsa for example " one who calls himself a sikh of the Guru, shall rise in the morning (amrit vela) and meditate on the lords name!"

Similarly Guru Nanak Dev ji also said that "in the end only the pure shall last (Khalsa) and shall sit on thrones"

So basically my point simply is that nobody ever should divide the teachings of the Gurus because all the teachings link to each other with one motive behind them - the formation of the Khalsa!

Bhul chuk maaf, im just a humble das, servant of Guru ji :smile2:

Yes Guru Nanak Dev ji did lay down many rules which built up to the khalsa for example " one who calls himself a sikh of the Guru, shall rise in the morning (amrit vela) and meditate on the lords name!"

Similarly Guru Nanak Dev ji also said that "in the end only the pure shall last (Khalsa) and shall sit on thrones"

So basically my point simply is that nobody ever should divide the teachings of the Gurus because all the teachings link to each other with one motive behind them - the formation of the Khalsa!

Bhul chuk maaf, im just a humble das, servant of Guru ji :smile2:

but what about these Hypocrite sikhs? those keep on making their own estimations...:(..I feel bad for those sikhs who would like to keep hair but such people re brainwashing them saying like sikhi is done with heart not with hair or amrit......Anaa lokaan krke main b late ho gya.....:(

but what about these Hypocrite sikhs? those keep on making their own estimations... :(..I feel bad for those sikhs who would like to keep hair but such people re brainwashing them saying like sikhi is done with heart not with hair or amrit......Anaa lokaan krke main b late ho gya..... :(

oh hooooooooo acha jii :biggrin2:

ham nahee changay buraa nahee ko-ay.

I am not good; no one is bad.

antar vasai na baahar jaa-ay.

Deep within the self, the Lord abides; do not go outside looking for Him.

tusi jo chaho kar sakde a bas rabb te parosa rakho and search for waheguru ji inside you, lokha da tyan na rakheo.

Saare apni apni samaj de saab naal good bannan di try karde a.

rehni rahe soi sikh mera

ehde vich Guru ji ne both cheja te emphasise kita a, both good sikh at heart and actions as well as the rehat of keeping hair/5k's :nod:

Who are you specifically speaking about here?

i am speaking from my own experience , it is not a heresay

Yes to be an average Sikh the kesh is NOT mandatory it is optional however to be a Amritdhari Khalsa Sikh one must keep kesh as its one of the 5 k's of the martial order.

do you know what Guru ji said about kesh - DHARE KESH PAHUL BINA BHEKHA DHARI SIKH , further - Kahe yo /gobind singh sune he piyare Bina Kes tegang(Gis silent ) karo na didarey ( Rehatnama bhai Daya Singh ) Now it is upto ourselves what we think about it .

It is only upto ourselves what

I guess you too want to bury your head in the sand and not see what the coming future is going to be? You are living in the past... the future is already happening either Sikhi is taught the way it should be (ie develop love and understanding for SGGS Ji) or you will lose everything by pushing them to adopt khalsa saroop and panth on them, in which they will and are rebelling.

Here we go again with the personal remarks. You cannot have an objective discussion because of your inability to understand what Gurbani is saying. This is not a numbers game. This thread is about why youth has a rise in patitpuna and you want to increase these bad behavoiurs by telling others its okay to cut hair. Why dont we just change the thread title "how to increase patitpuna" as you are so inclined to teach others how to do it.

Your type of Sikh they the youth are not interested in.... they want something they can relate to and feels can benefit them..... how you going to offer them an advantage of keeping uncut hair when its not mandatory in the first place to be a Sikh?

Whose katha are you doing right now? Surely not of Gurbani that says do sangat of Sikhs that keep rehat.

Did the hindu and muslim followers of guru nanak dev ji started to keep uncut hair? No they did not because if it was a mandetory rule he would have stated so in gurbani

Bhai Mardana was a muslim. When he met Guru Nanak Dev ji he was told to stop smoking and do not cut your hair. Yes Sikhs dropped out of the sky and muslims and hindus did not stop following their own paths. When do you plan on going back to your planet that we lowly Sikhs who ancestors were hindus and muslims before taking on Sikhi cannot reach?

You are still unable to tell me where in Sri Guru Granth Sahib it says pre marital sex is wrong.

.....did the other guru's call for this uncut kesh rule in gurbani? no..... only Guru gobind singh ji did so for the khalsa panth..... a panth one had to be inciated into and would be the martial vanguard for Sikhs.....

Bhai Gurdas ji Vaar tells us Charan di pahul was given to Sikhs. Keeping hair uncut from the beginning was a hukam. Oooooo heavenly Sikh were the Sikhs who fought along side Sri Guru Hargobind sahib ji lacking in martial vanguard? If you are teaching Sikhi anywhere in the world I want to know to who and where. I want to talk to your bosses and pay your annual salary to sit at home and not distrub us lowly sikhs and naive minds.

he didnt say ALL sikhs must now become khalsa or did he? did he force it upon them or give them free choice (ie those who want to become khalsa step forward?)

This shows you have never read gurbani. Gurbani says drink in the Gurus amrit. Is the amrit of Guru Gobind Singh of a pandit?

Come into reality or you and your type of Sikh will make sikhi hard to get in to and push it in decline when it is universal true and a very easy faith to follow.

I do not want to spend a second in your "reality". I'd rather be skinned alive by the rss starting with my feet.