What Is The Reason Of Increasing Patitpuna In Younger Generation Of Sikhs?

JSinghnz

Okayyy I Would not lie because I was also monah before for a long time... The first main reason of our Girls...Because My point of view is that Woman has an huge impact on the mentality of Men... Men do most of the things that make the women feel better... ,,Secondly ,,Punjabi Movies/songs...Thirdly , when you are sikh, You have some responsibilities towards the society and family that's why sikh guys try to avoid it....Fourthly,, The mentality has been drawn in such a way that " you re still a sikh if you don't follow the discipline..

As a result sikh people find it useless to keep hair especially Girls... Believe me its still not that hard to find a saabat soorat guy in cities of punjab...,,but its really hard to find a sikh girl who is wearing chunni on her head and salwar kameej.....Even you will see in many sikh families in cities sikh Guy is ordered to have natural growth but at the same time when you look at his any female family member she is allowed to have rebonding of her hair, facial make ups, allowed to go saloons , damn piercings etc etc.... when you will go to punjab youwill miss a gutt waali kudhi.........

"The anti-sikh parchariks are telling youth you cant be a Sikh unless you have kesh,etc the same mistake made by SGPC which put all sahejdhari's into the camp of hindu punjabi's"

Good joke. According to you it is anti Sikh to have kesh. And my question was what is reason of patitpuna.

This is exactly why they are "patitpuna" because of this attitude and lack of understanding whats going on in the real world and society out there.

And no I dont think kesh is anti-sikh, it is fundamental part of belonging to the baptised Khalsa Sikh community. The problem is the youth these days, as you have noticed, dont want to be in Sikhi saroop these days and it is not just a Sikh phenomom it effects all religions in the west and increasingly westernised countries. What I said that you objected to as being a joke was related to the crazy decisions SGPC made in 1940s-50s lead to the direct disasters upon the strong vibrant diverse Sikh nation which:

1) Forced loyal sahajedhari Sikhs to become hindu punjabis and into the arms of araya samaj/hindutva extremist forces over night

2) Reduction of population demographics which had direct implications on Sikhs forming their own country before the British left and handed muslims and hindu their freedom but not the Sikhs because the reduction of the Sikh population was part of the plan by enemies of Sikhism.

3) Created superiority / inferiority appearance complex and secterianism and jathaism between Sikhs rather than unifying them under 1 nishan sahib and 1 nation

I could give you a longer list of the anti-sikh implications of what SGPC has been responsible for but the thread will go off on a different direction.

Ultimately.... the younger generation of Sikhs see that the Sikhi saroop is a huge disadvantage for them in terms of getting:

* A partner. Most women do not want a turban guy these days even girls born in Sikh families because they dont find them attractive (body and facial hair issues) so now want a cut hair Sikh guy or a hindu guy if they go for Indian guys. And most if not all guys dont want a woman with body hair especially no facial hair. So most Sikh guys dont want a fully keshdhari Sikh woman they too like women have been brainwashed by western media on the ideals of beauty.

* A career in a very competitive job market if you dont "look the part" or conform to western ideals most employers these days wont hire you.

* The hassle of actually grooming and keeping kesh and dastaar is a major factor why alot of young Sikh boys got their hair cut as soon as they got into their teens-mid 20s.

* Racism, discrimination and bullying in school and in society particularly right after 9/11 USA attacks and 7/7 London attacks and the association of turban with osama bin laden and taliban.

* Religion given a bad name by miltiant muslim extremists and just as bad the militant atheism secularist propagandists pushing their ideology into the minds of naive young kids. Darwinism evolution is taught as fact when it is actually just a theory. Same way science is taught as an atheist concept rather than working alongside and complimenting religion in many area's. Sikhism is the most scientific religion as Guru nanak spoke of millions of planet spheres/ galaxies, numerous realms of existence in japji sahib 500years ago when ruling christian Europeans states were putting to death their own people who dared to speak a little of these confirmed truths. The concept of quantaum physics and string theory validates Sikh scriptures on the wonders of God.

So now we have to decide as a kaum what are we going to do to bring back the youth into the fold. The future and tide is quite clearly against the Sikhi khalsa saroop. Maybe it's natural death is coming close, maybe it is part of Waheguru's plan for it will be confined to history sooner or later. However Sikhi spirituality and dharam will never die out because it has core values and truths that no other religion has ever produced. We have to ensure we have a net population growth than negative reduction like jews and christians are facing and Zoroastrians have faced and heading towards elimination as a viable religious community.

We have to ensure the pride is restored back in the Sikh youth that yes you can be just as Sikh as next man who has the appearance of a Khalsa as long as you remain true to the core Sikh values and principles of what is taught by SGGS Ji.

At the moment alot of youth are distracted by social media, social networking, online gaming, travelling, exams/careers, materialist goods, forming relationships with non-sikhs of different backgrounds. These opportunities were never given to our youth before so they are being bombarded by alot of distracting stuff out there..... and to isolate and further push them way the best thing an enemy of Sikhism can do is say if you dont keep hair you arent a Sikh and boom that potential love for Sikhi seed that individual had was wiped out by an over zealous person before it could grow and take shape.

The Sikh parents born in the west are also now thinking and questioning whats the point of going gurdwara when you dont learn anything, or experience that spiritual well being which used to be there in all guru's houses. The gurbani is spoken gurumukhi language that most Sikhs do not understand properly and have little time to learn or translate. If you see the success of abrahmic religions you will see they speak and teach in the language of the community they want to target and once they have gained the interest of the person they teach them advance classes in quranic arabic or bible classes. So granthi's Sikhi parchariks of the future will need to do the same.

We have a lot of work to do, but first we need to grab the power back from SGPC and those holding sri akal takht sahib hostage. We can also start making changes by getting actively involved into gurdwara committee's and ensuring they have plans in place to cater for the future of Sikhi. The future Sikhi will be bright but mark-ably different from what it is now with diverse races and backgrounds being the make up of the sangat in the near future....

There are some educated persons who are working selfless service in this regard , but see what they have to face lot of discourgements & critism from the established Dera People \ Babeys who feel themselves threatened with the approach of such people , going all out to shun their voice .

Who are you specifically speaking about here?

I think some people rush into taking amrit, sometimes its a good thing but sometimes they just get lost in the hype.

When the friends or peers they got excited with and took amrit with, get on with their lives, the patits themselves are sometimes not very strong and start loosing interest.

I know its good to have the support of saadh sangat but apni research and apna personal relationship rabb naal banona v bohat important a !

Because in the end your going to be alone and this is the point where I feel some Sikhs go on to be patits as they cant bare the societies pressure or control their mind.

Whereas if a Gursikh learns about sikhi and understands the deep meanings, pyar will be created within them and they will jap naam, fir eseh naam ne tuhanu har ik problem vicho pass kara dena a :waheguru:

Cool Water

You skirt around your piont at some length. Perhaps I can assist.

Are saying that to be Sikh, kesh is optional? Yes or no?

Let me ask you this, would Guru Ji's turn away someone who wants to be a Sikh or be part in their congregation who doesnt have facial hair, or hair on their heads?

What happened to the Sikhs prior to the founding of the khalsa brotherhood?

And lets look at manmohan singh and kps gill they are keshdhari Sikhs but most of us would call them non-sikhs dressed up as a Sikh. So when we see it so easy for one to pretend to be a Sikh by dressing up in the Khalsa bana then it doesnt say much for Sikhi at the moment if thats all that is required for one to become a Sikh. And there you have it the absurdity of what SGPC decided all those years ago set a roadmap of decline.

Now you have the reason why youth are straying from Sikhi at present .......they see fundamentalists who cant even rationalise why the faith came into being and why their attitudes is exactly like the hypocrite hindu brahmin priest and islamic qazi (much criticised in gurbani) that looks down upon others who dont look as religious as them but are often the ones committing the most sins in plain view but mostly undercover.

Let me ask you this, would Guru Ji's turn away someone who wants to be a Sikh or be part in their congregation who doesnt have facial hair, or hair on their heads?

What happened to the Sikhs prior to the founding of the khalsa brotherhood?

And lets look at manmohan singh and kps gill they are keshdhari Sikhs but most of us would call them non-sikhs dressed up as a Sikh. So when we see it so easy for one to pretend to be a Sikh by dressing up in the Khalsa bana then it doesnt say much for Sikhi at the moment if thats all that is required for one to become a Sikh. And there you have it the absurdity of what SGPC decided all those years ago set a roadmap of decline.

Now you have the reason why youth are straying from Sikhi at present .......they see fundamentalists who cant even rationalise why the faith came into being and why their attitudes is exactly like the hypocrite hindu brahmin priest and islamic qazi (much criticised in gurbani) that looks down upon others who dont look as religious as them but are often the ones committing the most sins in plain view but mostly undercover.

Guru Ji would absolutely not turn away someone who wants to be a Sikh or be part in their congregation who doesn't have facial hair, or hair on thier heads.

You asked and I answered your question. Now answer my question to you which you, perhaps inadvertently, skirted around.

Guru Ji would absolutely not turn away someone who wants to be a Sikh or be part in their congregation who doesn't have facial hair, or hair on thier heads.

You asked and I answered your question. Now answer my question to you which you, perhaps inadvertently, skirted around.

Yes to be an average Sikh the kesh is NOT mandatory it is optional however to be a Amritdhari Khalsa Sikh one must keep kesh as its one of the 5 k's of the martial order.