What Is The Reason Of Increasing Patitpuna In Younger Generation Of Sikhs?

JSinghnz

Yes to be an average Sikh the kesh is NOT mandatory it is optional however to be a Amritdhari Khalsa Sikh one must keep kesh as its one of the 5 k's of the martial order.

I've heard of "khalsa Sikhs". Never heard of "average Sikhs" My question was not about the khalsa or the average.

My dear bro my question for the third time:

Are saying that to be Sikh, kesh is optional? Yes or no?

Yes to be an average Sikh the kesh is NOT mandatory it is optional however to be a Amritdhari Khalsa Sikh one must keep kesh as its one of the 5 k's of the martial order.

are you a non Sikh or a "pretending" Sikh or a " pseudo" Sikh or a member of the RSS?

Stop writing non sense on a Sikh forum with such incredulous statements.

Okayyy I Would not lie because I was also monah before for a long time... The first main reason of our Girls...Because My point of view is that Woman has an huge impact on the mentality of Men... Men do most of the things that make the women feel better... ,,Secondly ,,Punjabi Movies/songs...Thirdly , when you are sikh, You have some responsibilities towards the society and family that's why sikh guys try to avoid it....Fourthly,, The mentality has been drawn in such a way that " you re still a sikh if you don't follow the discipline..

As a result sikh people find it useless to keep hair especially Girls... Believe me its still not that hard to find a saabat soorat guy in cities of punjab...,,but its really hard to find a sikh girl who is wearing chunni on her head and salwar kameej.....Even you will see in many sikh families in cities sikh Guy is ordered to have natural growth but at the same time when you look at his any female family member she is allowed to have rebonding of her hair, facial make ups, allowed to go saloons , damn piercings etc etc.... when you will go to punjab youwill miss a gutt waali kudhi.........

Yeah that's true! Me myself I who belongs to a gursikh family kept my hair on my head but still continued to remove other hair! Pata ni kyu, as a girl you just genuinely get this feeling that as long as your keeping the hair on your head, its not that bad if you remove other hair which I've finally accepted it TOTALLY WRONG! :stupidme: I suppose girls have more pressure put on them by society to look good, I mean majority of men turn their face away from 'hairy' girls or its seen as very funny if a girl has a tiny bit of extra hair. I deeply have so much respect of these Sikh women who stand up to society and are proud of the extra bit of hair they have. The bibiyan pehna who are lucky like me that don't have much facial hair anyway have no excuse!

And the make up !!! I think that's partly because of the elder women in our families as they'll be like "thora jeha lah la, surki bindi, mooh chajj da lagu" and this will be said EVEN IF YOUR AMRITDAHRI i mean what happened to NATURAL BEAUTY LOL :lol:

Salwaar suits are loosing the battle against the western mini skirts or jeans which i cant undertand why because i think salwaar suits are amazing!

I've heard of "khalsa Sikhs". Never heard of "average Sikhs" My question was not about the khalsa or the average.

My dear bro my question for the third time:

Are saying that to be Sikh, kesh is optional? Yes or no?

paaji you got a clear answer in previous post. Yes it is optional to have kesh for a Sikh, however if your an amrtidhari a Khalsa then no it is not optional. Hope that clear things up for you

are you a non Sikh or a "pretending" Sikh or a " pseudo" Sikh or a member of the RSS?

Stop writing non sense on a Sikh forum with such incredulous statements.

This is the reason why they "patitpuna". You first ask a question then you insult members like me when we give our reasons and detailed analysis why....

paaji you got a clear answer in previous post. Yes it is optional to have kesh for a Sikh, however if your an amrtidhari a Khalsa then no it is not optional. Hope that clear things up for you

Did Guru Gobind Rai or any of other Gurus have cut hair?

Bhai Mardana first instructions was to stop smoking and keep hair uncut from Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Let us know where you read hair is optional and these doubts can be cleared for you.

Did Guru Gobind Rai or any of other Gurus have cut hair?

Bhai Mardana first instructions was to stop smoking and keep hair uncut from Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji. Let us know where you read hair is optional and these doubts can be cleared for you.

I believe they do not have cut hair.... and why didnt they have cut hair? because keeping uncut hair is a sign of purity, spiritual strength / development and humbleness.

Lets look at most sikhs who keep there kesh these days can you see their character? Hardly anyone would many consider a real sikh living a humble life.....not being a hypocrite....not drinking or smoking or going clubs/bars/pubs...... not indulging in pre-martial sex.... so if we just concentrate on keeping kesh... without work on making a Sikh character within then more people will turn away from Sikhi than come into it.

Now lets look at SGGS Ji.... which is our final and eternal Guru....every Sikh no matter what jatha or sect they come and bow down to SGGS Ji.... In SGGS Ji there is no conditions placed for a Sikh for a believer to have uncut hair.... there is only guidence and advise for those who keep matted uncut hair like hindu sadhu's to fix up because they pretend to look religious but their actions and thoughts are not Godly. Also there are references where hair is seen as a sign of humbleness and Guru Ji would not have his cut but no where does Guru Ji explicitly states if you believe in me you must keep uncut hair.

Now we have to understand why is it not a good idea for unsuitable people (manmohan singh, kps gill, etc) to have uncut hair going around pretending to be a religious Sikh when they are not Sikh by thoughts and actions. The Guru does not care what you look like on the outside, what Waheguru Ji And SGGS Ji cares about is what your deeds are.... what your spiritual development and thinking is.

Yeah that's true! Me myself I who belongs to a gursikh family kept my hair on my head but still continued to remove other hair! Pata ni kyu, as a girl you just genuinely get this feeling that as long as your keeping the hair on your head, its not that bad if you remove other hair which I've finally accepted it TOTALLY WRONG! :stupidme: I suppose girls have more pressure put on them by society to look good, I mean majority of men turn their face away from 'hairy' girls or its seen as very funny if a girl has a tiny bit of extra hair. I deeply have so much respect of these Sikh women who stand up to society and are proud of the extra bit of hair they have. The bibiyan pehna who are lucky like me that don't have much facial hair anyway have no excuse!

And the make up !!! I think that's partly because of the elder women in our families as they'll be like "thora jeha lah la, surki bindi, mooh chajj da lagu" and this will be said EVEN IF YOUR AMRITDAHRI i mean what happened to NATURAL BEAUTY LOL :lol:

Salwaar suits are loosing the battle against the western mini skirts or jeans which i cant undertand why because i think salwaar suits are amazing!

Bibiyaan make up kardiyaan..koi gal nai...apni marji naal krdiyaan..but gal ohdu maardhi lagdi a...jado...Singh da appearance b judge krn lag pendiyan ne.....Main shud nai bolda je punjab ch rehnde ho ta ah Ek tribune ya Hindustan times wargi news papar chak ke sikh matrimonials pardh lyo.... Cleanshave cleanshave munda wanted da rolla paya huya va..Hun ide wich kida kasoor a? Main ah b nai kenda ki Sikh bibiyan nu Sardar munde pasand nai aunde...bilkul aunde...but unhaa di Ginti hun ghat gyi uhna bibiyaan naalo jinna ne sikh dharam wich janam b nai lya.but fe b kendiyan ne Manu ta sardar munde boht pasand a.....te oh jado singha naal vyaa kra lendiyan ne..te a kehke sikh bibiyan nu sardh diyan ne ki Saada gharwala ta sardar va...fe sikh bibiyan kendiyan ne Sardar mundya nu hor Goriyaan, kaliyaa...ya hor bibiyan pasand a.. Sardar saabat surat munda ta nagina va nagina...ahnu paun lyi saari duniyaan di bibiyan wich dordh lagi hoi a..bas shart ae a ki oh bibi meaningful life jeen wich yakeen kardi hove hehe.. :tongue2:

I believe they do not have cut hair.... and why didnt they have cut hair? because keeping uncut hair is a sign of purity, spiritual strength / development and humbleness.

Lets look at most sikhs who keep there kesh these days can you see their character? Hardly anyone would many consider a real sikh living a humble life.....not being a hypocrite....not drinking or smoking or going clubs/bars/pubs...... not indulging in pre-martial sex.... so if we just concentrate on keeping kesh... without work on making a Sikh character within then more people will turn away from Sikhi than come into it.

Now lets look at SGGS Ji.... which is our final and eternal Guru....every Sikh no matter what jatha or sect they come and bow down to SGGS Ji.... In SGGS Ji there is no conditions placed for a Sikh for a believer to have uncut hair.... there is only guidence and advise for those who keep matted uncut hair like hindu sadhu's to fix up because they pretend to look religious but their actions and thoughts are not Godly. Also there are references where hair is seen as a sign of humbleness and Guru Ji would not have his cut but no where does Guru Ji explicitly states if you believe in me you must keep uncut hair.

Now we have to understand why is it not a good idea for unsuitable people (manmohan singh, kps gill, etc) to have uncut hair going around pretending to be a religious Sikh when they are not Sikh by thoughts and actions. The Guru does not care what you look like on the outside, what Waheguru Ji And SGGS Ji cares about is what your deeds are.... what your spiritual development and thinking is.

Sir Can I ask then It does not really matter you or hurt you if you don't see any keshdhari turban guy tommarrow?

You made an objective blanketed statment by saying it is optional to have hair for a Sikh. Now you are trying miserably to justify it with subjectivity. This cannot work.

As I asked provide us with objective writing that says Sikhs have the option to cut hair or not. I am not discussing the topic any more. This all has to do with your statement. Provide credible sources please.

I get the impression most of you don't know how bad today's 'older generation' were when they were young. Today's young generation of Sikhs are saints and monks in comparison from a moral point of view. For example, during my grandfathers time the old Havelock Road Gurdwara in Southall in the early 1970's was where the men would sit in the langar hall (which was an outside tent back then) with bottles of whiskey on Sunday late afternoons. Opium, gambling, extra marital affairs etc........things are so much better these days. Young Sikhs are so much more moral these day than they used to be.

Sir Can I ask then It does not really matter you or hurt you if you don't see any keshdhari turban guy tommarrow?

Yes it would hurt not to see a turban on fellow Sikh brothers but in a way if its inevitable if its in waheguru ji's plan and hakum then there is nothing we can stop it... we can delay it by forcing Sikhs either wear turban or dont claim to be Sikh and then even more will run away from sikhi and sikhi will be in a worse condition than Zoroastrian population is now.

You made an objective blanketed statment by saying it is optional to have hair for a Sikh. Now you are trying miserably to justify it with subjectivity. This cannot work.

As I asked provide us with objective writing that says Sikhs have the option to cut hair or not. I am not discussing the topic any more. This all has to do with your statement. Provide credible sources please.

To keep kesh for a non-amritdhari khalsa Sikh ....it is....

It is optional it is optional it is optional..

Show me where in SGGS Ji it says it is mandatory?