Is Turban Going To Vanish With Dieing Status Of Kaur

He is not just a tv host. He becomes a role model for the younger adults and teens in Sikhi. For this his wrong choices will be criticized. How else will the teens and younger adults know his choice was wrong? If he was some joe blow on the street, I really would not care.

"live &let others live" this choice went out the window when he became an amritdhari, which goes for everyone else and further "restricts" his actions when he took on the role has a host for a Sikh tv show. He can believe whatever is okay to do, but his beliefs do not hold true in Sikhi as they did not when he married a girl who was not amritdhari and can't even keep the basic of hair uncut. Let's not make special seats for a few in Sikhi and then drop the ax on rest of the Sikhs who are not so fortunate to hold such positions.

ਮਾਇਆ ਕਾਰਨ ਬਿਦਿਆ ਬੇਚਹੁ ਜਨਮੁ ਅਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਾਈ ॥੩॥

माइआ कारन बिदिआ बेचहु जनमु अबिरथा जाई ॥३॥

Māiā kāran biḏiā becẖahu janam abirathā jaī. ||3||

For the sake of Maya and money, you sell knowledge; your life is totally worthless. ||3||

ਅਬਿਰਥਾ = ਵਿਅਰਥ ॥੩॥

(ਇਸ ਪੜ੍ਹੀ ਹੋਈ ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਤੋਂ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਆਪ ਕੋਈ ਲਾਭ ਨਹੀਂ ਉਠਾ ਰਹੇ, ਇਸ) ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਰਫ਼ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੀ ਖ਼ਾਤਰ ਵੇਚ ਹੀ ਰਹੇ ਹੋ, ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਗੁਜ਼ਰ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ ॥੩॥

Source - http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=1103&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=1&fb=0

Only those who rise above "Tre-guni maya" are role models.

Aam aadmi are driven by maya unlike Holy people.

So set your standards high, accept the tv show host as just another Sansari.

ਮਾਇਆ ਕਾਰਨ ਬਿਦਿਆ ਬੇਚਹੁ ਜਨਮੁ ਅਬਿਰਥਾ ਜਾਈ ॥੩॥

माइआ कारन बिदिआ बेचहु जनमु अबिरथा जाई ॥३॥

Māiā kāran biḏiā becẖahu janam abirathā jaī. ||3||

For the sake of Maya and money, you sell knowledge; your life is totally worthless. ||3||

ਅਬਿਰਥਾ = ਵਿਅਰਥ ॥੩॥

(ਇਸ ਪੜ੍ਹੀ ਹੋਈ ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਤੋਂ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਆਪ ਕੋਈ ਲਾਭ ਨਹੀਂ ਉਠਾ ਰਹੇ, ਇਸ) ਵਿੱਦਿਆ ਨੂੰ ਸਿਰਫ਼ ਮਾਇਆ ਦੀ ਖ਼ਾਤਰ ਵੇਚ ਹੀ ਰਹੇ ਹੋ, ਇਸ ਤਰ੍ਹਾਂ ਤੁਹਾਡੀ ਜ਼ਿੰਦਗੀ ਵਿਅਰਥ ਗੁਜ਼ਰ ਰਹੀ ਹੈ ॥੩॥

Source - http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=1103&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=1&p=0&k=1&fb=0

Only those who rise above "Tre-guni maya" are role models.

Aam aadmi are driven by maya unlike Holy people.

So set your standards high, accept the tv show host as just another Sansari.

How sad are you to use Gurbani as a tool to distort the fact others will still see him as a Sikh role model.

I know him and his crew more than you might think. They are all about showing off and using this as a tool to attract youth to their lifestyle. They believe they are the example of a perfect Sikh. I know where I am coming from when I speak of him.

• 1 month later...

The main problem is disbelief in Sri Guru Granth Sahib jeeo.

People don't read, contemplate & act according to Gurbani.

That's why there is no Shanti (peace) & Anand (bliss).

As for marriage "key to happy married life - low maintenance obedient wife"

Get a God fearing Indian girl from a financially lower background.

Acd, Bcd, Ccd's don't meet the minimum requirement of Mrs ie

W - washing

I - ironing

F - food

E - entertainment

P.S - Acd ( American confused desi )

Bcd ( British " " )

Ccd ( Canadian " " )

How can you be low like that ?

You should be saying I want a singhni who will give my future family strong faith in Guru ji, who is strong in her abhihaas , is intelligent, have a warrior spirit, can read Guru ji and teach children the same; NOT provide me with housemaid service and 'entertain' me jeeez . SIngh ho ke ehni neech soch and you wonder whats up. Try learning to cook and clean and provide your own entertainment THEN look out wards . Become a worthy husband PRIOR to looking for that wife by becoming a true khalsa and having an uchi suchi jiwan.

Guys look for that special SInghni with the Guru's eyes not your human eyes and Ladies look and see Guru ji da ladla Khalsa be discerning all of you - select someone who respects Guru ji and Sikhi if she's looking for a clean-shaven or trim beard sikh (fitt jaun da) or he 's looking for removal of hair, dastaar or even 5 kakkars in singhni (ditto) just do fateh and walk away quickly in the opposite direction don't even look back. Don't be pressurised by your folks into accepting less than a gursikh .

BTW getting a girl from India is no guarantee of getting a singhni she may be even more brainwashed into hating sikhi saroop by Bollywood than girls from Uk USA or Canada; If you want to make sure your sisters are happy in life stop the Bollywood films and serials that the older bibian watch 24/7 and get them to keep sangat at sikh camps instead and keep saroop and rehit of Guru Gobind Singh ji yourselves so that they feel at ease with look and the lifestyle.

I was discussing marriage and caste system with another bhaine ji on another forum this is my view of what we should think of when considering marriage :

Marriage is about life's mission which is to join with Akal Purakh and become Jiwan Mukht, it is sad that now this divine soul's mission has been forgotten and all people can talk about is things which have more to do with MOH , Ahankar, Kaam and LObh . You are one sikh when you are unmarried but marrying gives you lifelong Sangat (Khalsa maths formulae: 1 is Sikh, 2 is Sangat, 5 is Guru) and you can support each other in this most vital of tasks, you live your lives, do your grisht duties, kirt di kamai, have kids but in the understanding that they are a special sewa assigned to you not belongings . Teach them about the world , give them an idea of Sikh Itihas, get them Gurmukhi tution if you can't teach them, make opportunities to join sangat in Gurudwara, play kirtan in the home, do nam jap from the get go and do nitnem banis as a family group . Sure go out, have fun, do sports etc but become whole people.

Changing face of Sikh Society

Who is a real Sikh (Singh and kaur) ?

ONLY KHALSA CAN CLAIM IT AS THEY ARE DOING AS GURU REQUESTS

To Whom should we call Sikh NOW?

ANY1 WHO HAS TAKEN AMRIT AND THOSE WHO FOLLOW SIKH REHIT MARYADA MINIMUM

Why Sikh girls want clean shaven to marry?

BECAUSE WHILE OUR FATHERS AND MOTHERS RAN AFTER NOTES TO SETUP THEIR HOMES IN FOREIGN LANDS ALSO IN INDIA. THEY FORGET THEIR DUTY AS PARENTS IN TERMS OF THE SEWA GURU JI HAS GIVEN THEM BY MAKING THEM PARENTS ...TO SHOW THE NARROW PATH THROUGH THIS BOOBYTRAPPED WORLD , TO HELP US LEARN ABOUT SIKHI, TO JOIN US TO GURU JI'S CHARAN AND TO LOVE KHALSA SAROOP. OUR MATAS WATCH BOLLYWOOD MOVIES WITH THEIR CLEAN-SHAVEN HEROES AND THE EFFECT IS STARTED ON YOUNG MINDS, THE BOYS SAY WOW I CAN'T GET A GIRL IF I LOOK LIKE DADDY JI WITH HIS PAGH AND LITTLE KAUR SAYS OOH PEOPLE WILL SAY I'M SO LUCKY IF I GET A HANDSOME GUY LIKE SO AND SO FILMSTAR.

Wha'ts wrong with the Singh of GURU ?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING EVERYTHING'S RIGHT YET I WILL SAY A LOT OF SINGHS DON'T REALISE THAT YOU ARE NOT MEANT TO CURSE OUT, ABUSE, HIT OR GENERALLLY BROWBEAT YOUR WIVES THIS IS YOUR GURU'S ORDERS. YOU ARE NOT MORE SPECIAL THAN HER, YOU ARE BOTH KHALSA AND YOU BOTH HAVE TO SHOW MASTERY OF THE ARTS : LANGUAGES, GURBANI, MUSIC (RAAG), SHASTER VIDIYA, HORSERIDING , NAAM

Why we are making 12th guru ?

i DON'T UNDERSTAND THERE IS ONLY ONE GURU , ALWAYS HAS BEEN , ALWAYS WILL BE - AKAL PURAKH KI BANI ENSHRINED NOW IN SRI GURU GRANTH SAHIB AND THUS OUR FOREVER GURU

Are Sikh lost trust in them>

NO THEY HAVE FORGOTTEN WHAT BEING A SIKH IS AND LISTEN TO WRONG PARCHAR BY MISCHEVIOUS INTELLECTUALS WITH THEIR OWN AGENDAS

Why Newly Singh don't wanna live in Punjab ?

INDIAN GOVT HAS MADE IT HARD TO KEEP PARCHAAR UP BUT THERE ARE PEOPLE HAVING AMRIT AND STAYING IN INDIA.SAD TRUTH IS THERE ARE NOT THAT MANY OPPORTUNITIES IN PUNJAB , SO MANY GO ABROAD TO FIND WORK TO FEED THEIR FAMILIES

Why they always go out of india to settle ?

roti KAMAUN VASTE SOMETIMES KARNA PAINDA , SOMETIMES THEY TAKE THEIR KIDS OUT SO THEY CAN GROW UP PROPER KHALSA WITHOUT BEING KILLED OR JAILED FOR IT

What makes singh to cut their hairs ?

SOMETIMES FEAR OF STANDING OUT, SOMETIMES CONFUSION DUE TO CONFLICTING INFORMATION ABOUT SIKHI, FEELING THAT HERO LOOK IS WHAT WILL GET THE GIRL BUT IT'S WRONG

Are Sikh girl ashame of Singh's Appearance ?

iF THEY KNOW TRUE ITIHAS OF GURUS AND KAUM THEY WOULD NEVER TURN THEIR BACK ON SIKHI SAROOP, TRUTH IS THEY DON'T KNOW AND THAT IT OUR MISTAKE AS A PANTH , WE SHOULD PROVIDE FREE EDUCATION FOR KAURS AND SPONSOR THEIR DHARMIC DEVELOPMENT MAKE THEM INTO GRANTHI, KIRTANIYA , KATHAVACHAK, PARCHAARIKS, TEACHERS, DOCTORS, SO THEY CAN MAKE THE KAUM STRONG FROM THE ROOTS. bECAUSE WE IGNORED THAT ROLE THEY PLAY IN THE PANTH OUT PANTH HAS BECOME WEAK.

you said it right.

Amritdhari guys specially in India want to marry sehajdahri girls.

You will see Singhs in Dumalla with wives full with make up and no chunni on their heads.

It goes both ways.

Well it just goes to show that he hasn't bothered paying attention to rehit of amrit if she is a mem then his amrit is null and void they both have do pesh and take amrit together . That's why amritdhari girls pick an amritdhari guy because they pay attention unlike these bheki singhs

Yes, Sikh girls are now ashamed of a Sikh man with with turban. The solution is, teach them about religion right from the childhood and don't give them too much freedom. If you give women too much freedom they will eventually get corrupted.

wrong ! show your daughters brothers in their own household with sikhi saroop who are caring, helpful to others, hardworking, fun-loving who keep Guru's rehit and I guarantee 100 % she will want to marry a gursikh not a kesh dhari but Khalsa .

My 6 year old informed me in no uncertain terms' i am going to marry an indian' ( as we live in mixed neighbourhood) I asked her what she meant and she pointed at her teenage brothers 'like my brothers with turbans who do waheguru waheguru'. It's not about control its about opening their eyes to how others live . she doesn't want to marry someone who eats meat (that's killing animals mum) or drinks (my in-laws do both) she doesn't want to be like the ladies in the burqas (her school friends mums) she has told 'I'm going to wear a big keshki and have a big kirpan and fight baddies when I grow up ' Her first career choice was to be a power ranger for the same reason (only ever saw the program once in her whole life)

She loves gurbani and will not sleep without I have do it down the phone if I am away at the set time, its about developing preet for Sikhi from when both sexes are babies and keeping that a part of their routine and life.

wrong ! show your daughters brothers in their own household with sikhi saroop who are caring, helpful to others, hardworking, fun-loving who keep Guru's rehit and I guarantee 100 % she will want to marry a gursikh not a kesh dhari but Khalsa .

My 6 year old informed me in no uncertain terms' i am going to marry an indian' ( as we live in mixed neighbourhood) I asked her what she meant and she pointed at her teenage brothers 'like my brothers with turbans who do waheguru waheguru'. It's not about control its about opening their eyes to how others live . she doesn't want to marry someone who eats meat (that's killing animals mum) or drinks (my in-laws do both) she doesn't want to be like the ladies in the burqas (her school friends mums) she has told 'I'm going to wear a big keshki and have a big kirpan and fight baddies when I grow up ' Her first career choice was to be a power ranger for the same reason (only ever saw the program once in her whole life)

She loves gurbani and will not sleep without I have do it down the phone if I am away at the set time, its about developing preet for Sikhi from when both sexes are babies and keeping that a part of their routine and life.

that's rare today and your lucky to have a kid like that. But for 75% of the Sikh girls today it almost the opposite situation where they aren't getting taught about Sikhi or they are not interested in it because of parents or because of societal values. It is good to bring up Sikhi from a very early age with understanding and not much free will in their hands when they turn teenagers because we know what happens...

Veer ji ,

it is only rare because we as a panth have made it so , When I had my first child I made a real heart-felt decision that I would create the kind of home environment that I had but better ...

my childhood's background music was kirtan even when Dad and Mum hadn't taken amrit in the early days they would play old LP vinyl records of kirtan whether raagi kirtan or the soundtracks from Nanak Nam Jahaz hai with Mohd. Rafi . Mum was a very spiritual person as was my Nani ji in fact Mum had amrit before marriage from Kaleranwale Sant amrit sanchar, but that was taken away from her in order to marry Dad : she was told 'don't worry you can have amrit again after marriage' . My Nana and Nani ji thought my Dad was worthwhile Because he had moved to the UK and still maintained his dastaar and beard despite that ... so Sikhi Saroop has always had Good connation in my folks.

My Mum would read Bani from her gutka even though Dad wasn't that much into paat, My Dada ji came to visit in 76 and brought Guru ji in senchian for my Dad with the instruction make your life worthwhile do paat. In that following year My Dada ji passed away in a road accident and within the month My eldest Mama also passed ,my Dad got the Naam bug and had Amrit with Mum , we were considered too young still. Then they would take us to programs by bus across London every weekend. Sangat and Sewa is what we gained as Kids that where I learned how to make rotian and samosey etc in the langar kitchens and I saw other gursikhs which made me feel happy and confident in being different.

In the Summer of 79 we were taken to India by my Mum as she was tired of the misinformation about India run on the TV affecting us, that is the first visit I remember of Harmandir Sahib and other Dharmic Asthaan Gurudwarey, of seeing Guru ji's Ladli Fauj - nihangs, of asking questions and having in depth answers back . I asked for books on SIkh Itihas and Gurbani my Mum bought a complete set of books to help me . By November I was fully ready to give my head ...

so if we are willing to help our families to prosper in the true way we can have a strong future

Correct. The key is set a good environment for your kids. Sikh youth today need to feel they are acceptable in society especially when Sikhs are spread out all over the world in such small populations and some big there can be problems for them to grow up having to be in a not so good society. Sikh camps do help but its 1 week only. After that one week, whats the use if the Sikh parents don't practice Sikhi or don't care. You get what I'm saying. Your very correct on setting up a all around environment at home. Sikh at very young age should be put into Sikh studies for their own benefit in their future. Make them strong as steel because they will have to overcome tough obstacles later in life.

Now it all depends on your family. I'd say 50% of Sikh families don't care about doing paat or keeping kesh/dastaar. Now how does that affect the other 50%. In this case, Sikh girls who are brought up with a dad who just keeps dastaar and kesh but doesn't practice Sikhi and has a mom who has cut hair whats the chance of her keeping hair... 25% (I'm just estimating). The chances would be very low. Especially today Sikh girls who keep hair on social media are always listening to gandh music and posting guy models etc... You see it makes them change their look prospectively at Sikh guys. Sikh elders don't understand this. In the future there will be a very uneven ratio of girls to guys leading to more guys getting haircuts because they can't deal with getting a girl. It is actually happening right now as we speak.