Movies With Deeper Meanings, Allegories

Not a movie but the whole of Game of Thrones has had some very thought provoking scenes and has many deeper meanings. Loyalty to your family is one big theme that we can maybe relate to. Its full of politics as well.

Unfortunately its full of gandh (adult scenes) at some points but I think that's on purpose i.e. to give a sort of notion that if this happened then this is the way it would happen?

Its pretty gruesome as well, a lot of blood and guts.

The last episode was great where Tyrion was on trial for a murder that he didn't commit. It seemed quite familiar to sort of thing that we as Sikhs are facing in India with all of the gross injustice, salt rubbed in our wounds etc.

Wolf of Wall Street

This again in full gandh (adult scenes) but the underlying message is like a wake up call for people who are in that environment. The person who the film is based, jordan belfort, has said that the movie doesn't go far enough in showing how degraded his lifestyle was.

The Pursuit of Happiness

Great film!

By the way at some point in this thread someone is bound to pick up on the point that we should limit the amount of TV/movies we watch as it has a massive impact on our spiritual progress! I thought I'd mention it first!!

Stars wars good story, number 3 movie best out of 6, how annacon goes to the dark side , the chosen, destined one, the one to bring peace as prophesided, who was the one to kill th e most evilest villian but became the villuan himself and joined him , but in the end he was destined to kill evil and bring balance to the universe ,

Bab'aziz (great mystical turkish film well worth watching), Brazil, The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, The Brass Teapot, Life of Pi...

Baba Aziz isn't Turkish. It's primarily Arabic with nods to Persian. I would agree however that it is the single most apt movie for Sikhs not only because of its sublime spirituality from a Sufi point of view but essentially when we watch it we see and feel Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji walking through those very same deserts during on his way to Baghdad and Mecca.

The one other movie I would recommend for all Sikhs because of its profound deeper message is the Mongolian epic blockbuster 'Myna Bala'. It's story resonates so well with us Sikhs. Imagine for one moment Braveheart, but with a much higher budget, much more action, much better acting. The result is Myn Bala. A truly epic movie. Like us Sikhs the Minority were persecuted and so had to live in the forests with a price on their head. Like us Sikhs, they used that time to learn the art of warfare and become masters of the horse. They then emerged from the mountains and forests and not only took back their lands but became masters of their nation.

Baba Aziz isn't Turkish. It's primarily Arabic with nods to Persian. I would agree however that it is the single most apt movie for Sikhs not only because of its sublime spirituality from a Sufi point of view but essentially when we watch it we see and feel Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji walking through those very same deserts during on his way to Baghdad and Mecca.

The one other movie I would recommend for all Sikhs because of its profound deeper message is the Mongolian epic blockbuster 'Myna Bala'. It's story resonates so well with us Sikhs. Imagine for one moment Braveheart, but with a much higher budget, much more action, much better acting. The result is Myn Bala. A truly epic movie. Like us Sikhs the Minority were persecuted and so had to live in the forests with a price on their head. Like us Sikhs, they used that time to learn the art of warfare and become masters of the horse. They then emerged from the mountains and forests and not only took back their lands but became masters of their nation.

You are right Pahji sorry it was filmed in Tunisia and Iran. Please forgive my error. Yes Myn Bala is also a fantastic film agreed! A must watch!

The Pursuit of Happiness

Great film!

By the way at some point in this thread someone is bound to pick up on the point that we should limit the amount of TV/movies we watch as it has a massive impact on our spiritual progress! I thought I'd mention it first!!

Yep...agree about that one.

You are right about the unnecessary ghand in the other 2, but the deeper morals are there.

I would recommend ''Crash'' which is a real good story that shows hukam and karma all intertwined into the paths of 3 different destinies all meeting together at one point !