Mixing Bani With Yoga

stingers12

nuffin wrong mate...#

aint no prakash of guru maharaj there.

see the 400 sharabi jatts @ my family weddings doing much worse dance with peg sheg in hands.... that is more disgrace.

leave these goras alone man... they trying to follow and not leading the way

besides we don't do a good job setting the punjabi jatt examples do we ?

go to akhand path at west brom or smethwick gurdwra and after 2pm they all in the boozer neckin drinks....

how confusing example we set, especially the jattmonkey brains i know

nuffin wrong mate...#

aint no prakash of guru maharaj there.

see the 400 sharabi jatts @ my family weddings doing much worse dance with peg sheg in hands.... that is more disgrace.

leave these goras alone man... they trying to follow and not leading the way

besides we don't do a good job setting the punjabi jatt examples do we ?

go to akhand path at west brom or smethwick gurdwra and after 2pm they all in the boozer neckin drinks....

how confusing example we set, especially the jattmonkey brains i know

This is the issue in the Panth now. People cannot understand the Shabad Guru is the Guru and always has been. In the video the Shabad Guru is present and giving the teachings loud and clear. The instructor at the yoga event does not understand what Shabad Guru is saying. As a result the people are instructed by fools (3HO yoga instructors) to dance to Shabad Guru and in the video you see a white man grinding with a woman. This is a insulting way to use the Shabad Guru.

Here is a trasnlation of what Shabad Guru is saying to do:

O Power of Akaal, give me this boon

May I never ever shirk from doing good deeds

That I shall not fear when I go into combat. And with determination I will be victorious.

That I may teach myself this greed alone, to speak only of Thy (allmighty lord Waheguru) praises.

And when the last days of my life come, I may die in the might of the battlefield.||231||

There is a similar shabad in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji by Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji in Sri Raag.

This a outright mockery of the Shabad Guru. The Shabad Guru is to be heard, understood, meditated on, and practiced. This is the instructions given to us by our Gurus. Not to make a mockery of the Shabad Guru and let people jump around like lowly creatures and grind against women or men.

If Mehtab Singh and Sukha Singh were here today they would not hesitate to take out their Sri Sahib's one more time to show the yoga instructors how the dance of Deh Shiva Bar Mohe eha is done by Sikhs.

This is the issue in the Panth now. People cannot understand the Shabad Guru is the Guru and always has been. In the video the Shabad Guru is present and giving the teachings loud and clear. The instructor at the yoga event does not understand what Shabad Guru is saying. As a result the people are instructed by fools (3HO yoga instructors) to dance to Shabad Guru and in the video you see a white man grinding with a woman. This is a insulting way to use the Shabad Guru.

Here is a trasnlation of what Shabad Guru is saying to do:

O Power of Akaal, give me this boon

May I never ever shirk from doing good deeds

That I shall not fear when I go into combat. And with determination I will be victorious.

That I may teach myself this greed alone, to speak only of Thy (allmighty lord Waheguru) praises.

And when the last days of my life come, I may die in the might of the battlefield.||231||

There is a similar shabad in Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji by Sri Guru Arjan Dev ji in Sri Raag.

This a outright mockery of the Shabad Guru. The Shabad Guru is to be heard, understood, meditated on, and practiced. This is the instructions given to us by our Gurus. Not to make a mockery of the Shabad Guru and let people jump around like lowly creatures and grind against women or men.

If Mehtab Singh and Sukha Singh were here today they would not hesitate to take out their Sri Sahib's one more time to show the yoga instructors how the dance of Deh Shiva Bar Mohe eha is done by Sikhs.

maarffh karnah... i'm just kamla desi when it come to duungha thoughts.

I know video dont seem right cuz i watched it properly now. as first time i was just trying to look where they were and see if there was maharaj di beerh there.

Looks like they just dancin to melody but dont know wots playing..>>>>>>>>>>>>i blame the dj or organizer for this and should give him some jatt style thapparh.

>>>>>>>>>I mean ......come on... even my monkey brain know that if u wanna dance then you play some dance tune>>>>>>

But u saying that cuz words from bani being used in that song,, then everyone should be more sensible n not dancin n stuff ?

i never thought about this .>>>>

cuz i always thought it was sacrilege for all this stuff if it was in hazoori or presence of guru maharaj, not if i can hear it coming from hifi radio.>>>>>>>>>

>>how bout the 8 pehr sas giraas stuff then.

>>i mean aint we suppose to have waheguroo naam jap and the khiaalh in our mind all the time..>>>>>then wot about when i wanna do some bhangra and that.... i enjoy and keep fit with this but i refuse to dance to sharab and gandhey songs n that..

>>dis a bit confusing for me now :wow:

please samjaah bit more clearly cuz i'm gonna have to make some changes with my stuff n that.

But u saying that cuz words from bani being used in that song,, then everyone should be more sensible n not dancin n stuff ?

i never thought about this .>>>>

cuz i always thought it was sacrilege for all this stuff if it was in hazoori or presence of guru maharaj, not if i can hear it coming from hifi radio.>>>>>>>>>

The Shabad playing in the video is the Bani of Sri Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji. Guru Maharaj is present when the Shabad started playing. Instead of recognizing the Guru is present the moorakh yoga instructors made a mockery of Shabad Guru. Gurbani says the Bani is Guru, so how is Guru Sahib not present? Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji is what? Gurbani written on the wall, playing through speakers, on wedding cards, in newspapers is still our Guru. The Shabad has always been Guru. Just because Shabad Guru is not in the formal form of bir Saroop does not mean Shabad Guru is not present. Shabad Guru gives us mukhti, any Shabad of Guru Maharaj can do this, so why discriminate against one Shabad that is being sung on it's own? Guru Maharaj is present through the Shabad and Shabad is present through Guru Maharaj.

>>how bout the 8 pehr sas giraas stuff then.

>>i mean aint we suppose to have waheguroo naam jap and the khiaalh in our mind all the time..>>>>>then wot about when i wanna do some bhangra and that.... i enjoy and keep fit with this but i refuse to dance to sharab and gandhey songs n that..

>>dis a bit confusing for me now :wow:

please samjaah bit more clearly cuz i'm gonna have to make some changes with my stuff n that.

This is not confusing, but requires further contemplation over Gurbani. What woke you up to say Vaheguru naam jap is to be done all the time? It was obviously, the Shabad Guru in his countless forms. So when this Shabad Guru told you the above truth did you grasp hold and never let go? What is required to follow the truth of 24/7 Vaheguru jap? It is Guru Sahib's kirpa that only happens with Vaheguru's/Guru Sahib Hukam. I don't have this kirpa on me, so can i go around and make a mockery of Shabad Guru that woke me up to this reality? OOOO since I don't have it woken up in me I can go around dancing and grinding on the Shabad Guru making a complete mockery of my Guru? The idea is to listen and follow the Shabad Guru's instructions.

The people in the video do not follow Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. They have their own religion called Kundalini Yoga. They abuse the Shabad Guru for their own cult. Don't be fooled by the Bana and dastar. They are giddars in lion clothing. Sri Guru Gobind Sahib ji warned us of this taking place and these people have arrived.

Listen to the Bani of Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji on dancing. Gurbani does not approve of dancing. The dance of a Sikh is to learn shastar vidya, which means stay fit (run, lift weights, other exercises, boot camp), marital arts , and learn how to use as many weapons as possible. Enjoyment comes from reading Gurbani, training the body to be part of Khalsa fauj and giving it back to Guru Maharaj in shaheedi form or Panth di seva (serving in Guru Maharaj Darbar, helping the poor, producing Gurmat literature, etc). Sri Guru Hargobind Sahib ji says Sikhs take off one set of clothes (give shaheedi) and put on another pair of clothes (come back to do more seva) as others change clothes.

I have a lot on my plate right now, juggling many things. But when i get a chance I will try to shine light on dancing through presenting Gurbani. In the mean time look up Sri Guru Nanak Dev ji's Shabad to Muslims who dance religiously.

Good stuff thanks...

I don't know too much about these yoga gorey except that they in the states.

If they claiming it is a religion and using sikhi bana to dress >>then someone should be doing sommat..

I can see what u mean now about bani being guru and it kind a making me more angry now.

I swear if I was there and this started playing while they all dancing like that>>>then the dj and event management would have got some hardcore shitharhh right there and then.

I feel guilty about myself having gurbani as ringtone and message alerts cuz my mind is not always directed to gurmat when i have to answer fone,>>>>i could be in my complete krodh and hankaar zone.

You right >people don't respect gurbani and just display it for show and that always annoys me>>few weeks ago there was an apna i slapped up cuz he was smoking and drivng a car with big khanda and huge gurbani stickers on front and back screens.>>>>I can see now that if someone is playing the gurus word on stereo and doing manmat>then they should also get a good slapping.

Guest paramnam

the respect you all have for guru is very inspiring, thank you. in my opinon guru is in charge please let him handle these situations, we each have our own relationship with guru... please let him show these people what is right and wrong. please rmemeber when that singh (forgive me i forget his name but i know some of you will know) who was healing and helping enemy soldiers on the battlefield. other singhs complains to guru gobind singh ji maharaj and he spoke with the singh personally and told him to continue. im sure you all know the story.
all i can say is do your best with your discipline, uplift others, and inspire them with your presence.
another story comes to mind when guru gobind singh ji stopped his singh from going into the prostitue house, guruji did not shut down the house, he simply protected his singh from going in. allow gurus message to penetrate the hearts of these people and correct any mistakes, please bless them instead of slandering them. spread the message of truth, do not tell the others what to do but allow their hearts to melt from your devotion to akal purkh waheguru.
bhai nand lal writes, I am inflamed with the fire of love for my master, whoever sees me catches this fire too.

• 3 weeks later...

First of all, it looks like their dancing to the tune rather than doing yoga which is obviously wrong in gursikhi. Their is no need to actually dance.

" Har jan Naacho, har har dhiaae"

You should make your dancing medidating on Akaal Purakh.

It is however ok to recite baani, while doing things like cooking, cleaning, shastar abhiyaas but I don't think you should be dancing to baani.

Personally, I think it is ok to meditate whilst doing yoga but if one is reciting baani, they should show some more respect than what is happening in the video.

As long as you show respect through your mind, spirit and body language, than it is ok to recite baani.

Forgive me if anything I said is wrong, VJKK VJKF