Youths Cutting Their Kesh And Beard

Their parents don't know much about Sikhi, which leads to the kids not learning much and by not having knowledge they cut their kes.

Some do it to fit in.

But without parents understanding the value of kes, having their kids keep kes is almost impossible. We can hold camps to teach kids but the majority of parents who don't care definitely won't bring their kids.

We need to start with the parents on this one and then bring the kids into Sikhi. Having discussions at Gurdwaras talking about how valuable Sikhi is could make a difference if they can inspire the adults.

when you ll create such a mentality in the society that everybody can be a sikh ,and keeping kesh and wearing turban are not a sikhi and are not mandatory things ,,then what do you think? what will happen?...

Sikhi is not being declined by the actions of anti non sikh people...its being declind beacuse of the actions of "apne"....

Mostly parental failings, parents are failing to educate their children on the importance of Sikhi saroop and image. The worrying thing is even in newer generations you see families where a yoind couple has git married the groom is a dastaar wearing sardar when this couple had a kid the raise the kid as a Mona...why ??

Also I have to say our Indian brothers let us down badly all over Punjab there's a haircut craze. Even worse almost every sardaar I know who comes from India to the uk for study or work seems to think they need to cut their hair and beard once they are here.. Which basically means they were fakes they had no ethics or morals in the first place.

It needs to be emphasised no turban = not Sikh. The term Sehajdhari Sikh has been misused this term historically was used for Hindus and others on the path to Sikhi who's ultimate aim was to keep kesh and take amrit. Today we are giving out the message that you can still claim to be Sikh as long as you wear a kara...lol..forget about following rehit, maryada or keeping Sikhi image. Its a failing of our religious institutions and parenting. Also lack of clear direction from SGPC and Akal Takht which is no surprise since they are controlled by Badal and Indian government.

I think its because everyone wants the easy way out!

obviously a guy would think "oh no ill have to tie a pagg and face racism and the girls wont fancy me"

and the girls will think "I'm going to look so desi, the boys will think I'm ugly and old fashioned"

so they think lets just cut our hair and we'll fit in the crowd and everyone will like us!

So I just think its peers pressure if we keep our kesh we will encourage others to as well because being young peer pressure is a big thing!

They don't realise that actually when we'll keep our kesh and tie a pagg we'll see who our true friends are and who actually judges us on our personality and not looks.

But I do understand why people feel this and find it difficult!

I think its because everyone wants the easy way out!

obviously a guy would think "oh no ill have to tie a pagg and face racism and the girls wont fancy me"

and the girls will think "I'm going to look so desi, the boys will think I'm ugly and old fashioned"

so they think lets just cut our hair and we'll fit in the crowd and everyone will like us!

So I just think its peers pressure if we keep our kesh we will encourage others to as well because being young peer pressure is a big thing!

They don't realise that actually when we'll keep our kesh and tie a pagg we'll see who our true friends are and who actually judges us on our personality and not looks.

But I do understand why people feel this and find it difficult!

lol.also tell the key role played by " apniya" to change the appearance of Sikh guy..

lol.also tell the key role played by " apniya" to change the appearance of Sikh guy..

not just apniya kuriya but apne munde too because many girls act according to the male gaze - oh ohda diyan bandiya a Jidda munde chonde a

to be honest kinnik munde ehda diyan kuriyan nu pasand karde a jehre fashionable nahi ...

its not only the boys who are pressurised by girls must I think its mainly girls being put under pressure by boys !

:D

because many girls act towards the male gaze - oh ohda diyan bandiya a Jidda munde chonde a

hun question ae a ki kudhiya ko apni self respect hai nai.....main ta kenda munde ta shuru to hi maardhe a.....par ki kudhiyaan changiyaan diya changiyaan rahiyaa??? Gal equality di krdiyaa..par rabb di soo khake dasso...ae equality nai mangdiyaan.,,ae oh cheeza mangdiyaa jo munde maarde kam krde a...

to be honest kinnik munde ehda diyan kuriyan nu pasand karde a jehre fashionable nahi ...

main kenda time kado te asi punjab chalde a aap hi pta lag jau.....ki jeena top,,,,make up ,,hor pta nai ki ki kudhiya apni marji naal krdiya va ya munde kende a....dudd da dudd paani da paani ho jau....

je kudhiyaan ch sachaai hundi ta aaj Gurskh munde nu paun lyi kudhiyaa ch rola pya huna c......

Baaki ae b gal sahi a yeh Kudhi de karm hi mardhe a te fe oh kya kare....Sardar munda ta nagina hai nagina...krma naal hi milna.....:p

because many girls act towards the male gaze - oh ohda diyan bandiya a Jidda munde chonde a

hun question ae a ki kudhiya ko apni self respect hai nai.....main ta kenda munde ta shuru to hi maardhe a.....par ki kudhiyaan changiyaan diya changiyaan rahiyaa??? Gal equality di krdiyaa..par rabb di soo khake dasso...ae equality nai mangdiyaan.,,ae oh cheeza mangdiyaa jo munde maarde kam krde a...

main kenda time kado te asi punjab chalde a aap hi pta lag jau.....ki jeena top,,,,make up ,,hor pta nai ki ki kudhiya apni marji naal krdiya va ya munde kende a....dudd da dudd paani da paani ho jau....

je kudhiyaan ch sachaai hundi ta aaj Gurskh munde nu paun lyi kudhiyaa ch rola pya huna c......

Baaki ae b gal sahi a yeh Kudhi de karm hi mardhe a te fe oh kya kare....Sardar munda ta nagina hai nagina...krma naal hi milna..... :p

No! actually when you look around you'll see more girls that will have long kesh compared to boys with a pagg! Jithe meh rehndi a othe a meh ehda hi dekheya a!

Make up etc nahi!, girls are EXPECTED to remove hair on their face nahi tha people will be like "eww eh kidda di kuri a " I know a lot of girls who simply remove hair because they have extra hair and know that it wont go down well with society

To be honest even I would have been scared if I had lots of hair because people including BOYS will make a joke out of it.

Its acceptable for boys to be hairy and that's why I feel that boys especially should have no excuse to keep their kesh!

haha nagina wagina dialogue !