Youth Not Being Influenced

Do you think that many Sikh youth today should influenced into doing Sikhi parchar?I know it might be a lifetime job or can be a part time job but if you look at our quality within our quantity (24Mill) the state of the panth is pretty bad and silent. Our population is decreasing. The Akal Takhat jathedar telling us to have 4 kids is a excuse for his poor management of parchar in punjab (no surprise). I really think the upcoming generation can use a lot of parchariks to make Sikhs keep their faith intact and welcome others into Sikhi. Many will disagree with me on the part that Sikhs are more about quality than quantity that is very true but it can become a problem like today.

Now we can take the example of Muslims who have tremendous amount of money put into making Muslim centers just to discuss and teach Muslims and others about Islam. In America alone, Muslim population has doubled since 9/11. We have rarely any Sikh centres and our gurdwaras are just a go and eat place. We are a rich minority population in many countries. Our population has swerved up just a notch but many are leaving our faith and many have decided to get rid of kesh. I really think the older generation of Sikhs have done great jobs making gurdwaras and running them but the lack of parchar is pretty sad even here in America. The amount missionaries in Punjab that are just blindly converting Sikhs is plain said. I really think we can use more parchariks to bring Sikhi awareness and strength for the future of the Panth.

Any opinions on this?

http://www.sikh24.com/2014/03/akal-takht-jathedar-expresses-worry-of-sikh-population-decreasing/#.U4LUh_ldV6A

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/number-muslims-u-s-doubles-9-11-article-1.1071895

My take on the issue is that those from abroad should dedicate some time out and bring Sikhi awareness into their pind.

It doesn't have to be something big maybe a Kirtan program or small Sikhi camp for the children in the pind.

Obviously this is a big commitment to make but these small steps can make a big difference.

There is always hope for change, just needs us as individuals to make an effort and push ourselves to make that change happen.

I can think of 20 guys and 7 girls who cut their hair because they were not fitting in the party, club, pub seen. These are 27 people who received proper Sikhi teachings. Nothing to do with they were not taught about Sikhi.

This bogus excuse of they were only given turban and hair uncut as Sikhi is only true for a very small group of people.

Majority wanted to fit in with rest of society. They did not feel right drinking, partying, womenizing, and sleep around with Guru Sahib's saroop. Just shows they were taught Sikhi.

Now look at the mona parents and children. Ask them why they dont keep hair? They say it is not a must as a Sikh to keep hair. So who is the really problem blocking Sikh youth from following Sikhi? it is those people who tell lies that hair uncut is not a must. It is those who pick and choose what they want to follow in sikhi and then force this on others.

All these false teachings have done a lot of damage to Sikhi. These fake gyanis are the problem.

I can think of 20 guys and 7 girls who cut their hair because they were not fitting in the party, club, pub seen. These are 27 people who received proper Sikhi teachings. Nothing to do with they were not taught about Sikhi.

This bogus excuse of they were only given turban and hair uncut as Sikhi is only true for a very small group of people.

Majority wanted to fit in with rest of society. They did not feel right drinking, partying, womenizing, and sleep around with Guru Sahib's saroop. Just shows they were taught Sikhi.

Now look at the mona parents and children. Ask them why they dont keep hair? They say it is not a must as a Sikh to keep hair. So who is the really problem blocking Sikh youth from following Sikhi? it is those people who tell lies that hair uncut is not a must. It is those who pick and choose what they want to follow in sikhi and then force this on others.

All these false teachings have done a lot of damage to Sikhi. These fake gyanis are the problem.

We need to teach a different style to make sure they have full love and passion following Sikhi way of life. The way we teach our youth today kind of puts pressure on them and fear at the same time as I have observed in my own sangat. Also having gyanis and ragis who have not much education and don't even know english can't reach out to the youth. They are just going in for the money and even are scared to do kathas as in the case in my own gurdwara. We have to be real on the issue of keeping hair. We have to teach the real signifance of keeping our hair and teach differently and N30Singh's example of sant isher singh's gurmat camps is a perfect example on ways to strengthen one's faith and spirituality. The thing is many of our elder Sikhs (not all) aren't taking considerations from the youth seriously.

Now I am hearing more conversion in UK happening of Sikh girls/boys converting to Islam. It's been going on forever but whats leading them to convert is the question. Sikh parents need to be educated.

We need to have death penalty in place for those who commit apostasy or convert to another religion. All other religions are false and their so called prophets were just impostors. Similarly,any Sikh girl that crosses her limits deserves to have her legs broken and locked up in the house. I grew up in Punjab in the eighties when Khalistan movement was at its peak and I remember the Singhs enforcing the law in the late eighties. Nobody dared to cut their hair and all the liquor shops shut down their business. Most of the fake Sikhs Panjab. For a moment Khalsa Raj no longer seemed to be a dream.

Even though I utterly despise muzzies and everything associated with their filthy cult, I think Sikhs could do well to emulate their strict adherence to the fundamentals of religion. Yes we need to go back to the basics and adhere to the basics of Sikhi and guard it with zeal and fanaticism. There is nothing wrong with being a fundamentalist. All non Sikhs are vermin and we are superior to them. We are the chosen ones and need not follow the evil and heretical ways of the malecch. We need to adopt a policy of militant fundamentalism to bring our religion back from the brink of extinction.

We need to have death penalty in place for those who commit apostasy or convert to another religion. All other religions are false and their so called prophets were just impostors. Similarly,any Sikh girl that crosses her limits deserves to have her legs broken and locked up in the house. I grew up in Punjab in the eighties when Khalistan movement was at its peak and I remember the Singhs enforcing the law in the late eighties. Nobody dared to cut their hair and all the liquor shops shut down their business. Most of the fake Sikhs Panjab. For a moment Khalsa Raj no longer seemed to be a dream.

Even though I utterly despise muzzies and everything associated with their filthy cult, I think Sikhs could do well to emulate their strict adherence to the fundamentals of religion. Yes we need to go back to the basics and adhere to the basics of Sikhi and guard it with zeal and fanaticism. There is nothing wrong with being a fundamentalist. All non Sikhs are vermin and we are superior to them. We are the chosen ones and need not follow the evil and heretical ways of the malecch. We need to adopt a policy of militant fundamentalism to bring our religion back from the brink of extinction.

what u saying about other religionsreligions is wrong, we have to respect all prophets and religions because they came from god ,

We need to teach a different style to make sure they have full love and passion following Sikhi way of life. The way we teach our youth today kind of puts pressure on them and fear at the same time as I have observed in my own sangat. Also having gyanis and ragis who have not much education and don't even know english can't reach out to the youth. They are just going in for the money and even are scared to do kathas as in the case in my own gurdwara. We have to be real on the issue of keeping hair. We have to teach the real signifance of keeping our hair and teach differently and N30Singh's example of sant isher singh's gurmat camps is a perfect example on ways to strengthen one's faith and spirituality. The thing is many of our elder Sikhs (not all) aren't taking considerations from the youth seriously.

Now I am hearing more conversion in UK happening of Sikh girls/boys converting to Islam. It's been going on forever but whats leading them to convert is the question. Sikh parents need to be educated.

One of the biggest fear youth have today about joining Sikhi is what will happen to my friendships I have and how will society accept me as a Sikh. What will happen to my business partners will they look at me the same way? What about my friends they might try to avoid me after taking up uncut hair and dastar? They fear the disconnection from what they perceive currently as their heart and soul of their social life. Many worldly pleasures they enjoy now will have to be set on the back burner and this means losing social life associates that were created at bars, pubs, and clubs. Will others look at me weird. None of them will admit this to you directly, but I have spoken to enough of them and this is the biggest hurdle for them. They can't let go of these things. The uncut hair, worldly talks, partying, etc is the thing that keeps them going in life and part of a bigger society. They are the like the heroin addict, but hooked on their social life status provided by their behavior and physical projection.

These insecurities they have can only be fixed by truly contemplating over Gurbani and directed by Gurmukhs. The recipe is simple. You got to give them something more powerful that gives them security and a social life, where they can go air out their concerns and questions in an open manner without feeling judged. Some will be better off starting together with others and some will be better off starting by themselves, depending on their personalities.

One of the biggest fear youth have today about joining Sikhi is what will happen to my friendships I have and how will society accept me as a Sikh. What will happen to my business partners will they look at me the same way? What about my friends they might try to avoid me after taking up uncut hair and dastar? They fear the disconnection from what they perceive currently as their heart and soul of their social life. Many worldly pleasures they enjoy now will have to be set on the back burner and this means losing social life associates that were created at bars, pubs, and clubs. Will others look at me weird. None of them will admit this to you directly, but I have spoken to enough of them and this is the biggest hurdle for them. They can't let go of these things. The uncut hair, worldly talks, partying, etc is the thing that keeps them going in life and part of a bigger society. They are the like the heroin addict, but hooked on their social life status provided by their behavior and physical projection.

These insecurities they have can only be fixed by truly contemplating over Gurbani and directed by Gurmukhs. The recipe is simple. You got to give them something more powerful that gives them security and a social life, where they can go air out their concerns and questions in an open manner without feeling judged. Some will be better off starting together with others and some will be better off starting by themselves, depending on their personalities.

Truly they don't understand the point of being a Sikh if they are scared of society with much examples from our own history where Sikhs back then had a price on their head it is a poor excuse for them to say that they won't be able to fit in society. If they started to hang around with Gursikhs for awhile I guarentee many Sikhs can change their mindset. They just need to be taught the right way and be lead onto the right path.