Basicsofsikhi And 3Ho And Yogi Bhajan Question

when i see things like this it puts me off 3ho, this is sacrilege and nothing else, surely someone should have told them that this is a shabad for going into battle and asking for the courage to do good deeds and not a hippy / chill out dance music, they have the bana and everyone looks at them and says how lovely they look and apne aunties and uncles beem from ear to ear but the truth is they have no real knowledge of Gurbani (obviously their are going to be some exceptions to this) i mean how could they have otherwise they would not be doing this!

1)they dont know 1st thing about maryada

2) they support tantric sex yoga , many girls/guys join for this reason

3) they thing yoga is a religion

4) worship yogi bhajan

5) no idea about what gurubani says,

6) quotes which yogi bhajan said from gurubani are being posted by them as "-by yogi bhajan"

7) getting more seducing outfits . while doing yoga posses

they themselves say they are not sikhs

but some amritdhari gore, organise a orgy camp , they mingle around with any guy/girl they find

not all are bad

there are some good people too, but most population of these so called yogi's

have no idea

Basically 3HO are a hippy leftist liberal organisation that mixes all kinds of beliefs systems with Sikhi and passes it off as part of Sikhism to westerners who want to learn about yoga and eastern philosophical paths.

Problem with 3HO is that most of its leaders past and present are non-sikhs and its a profit making organisation, they have no loyalty towards Sikhi and from observations of their financial conducts it makes the outside observer suspicious they are set up in milking religion for all its worth it to make their livings.

Say if we setup some heretical jewish or christian church dancing bhangra or club dancing to scriptures of torah and bible im sure their orthodox mainstream communities and leaders would not appreciate it and will be outraged. I think Sikhs are too soft on these people and should take steps to reign them in with mainstream Sikh teachings or have them declared as non-Sikhs publicly by forcing sri akal takht sahib jathedhar to make a stand on the issue.

Who is Gurjant Singh and can you provide his writings here or a link to them.

Sorry his name is Gursant Singh who used to be part of Yogi Bhajan's cult and left and started to expose Yogi Bhajan's dirty tactics. He has a youtube channel where he discusses about 3HO and modern day problems with Sikhs in America. He is a fundamentalist Sikh but wrote a whole book about his journey becoming a Sikhi and Yogi Bhajan's cult. Here is his facebook page of his book https://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAnAmericanSikh

Sorry his name is Gursant Singh who used to be part of Yogi Bhajan's cult and left and started to expose Yogi Bhajan's dirty tactics. He has a youtube channel where he discusses about 3HO and modern day problems with Sikhs in America. He is a fundamentalist Sikh but wrote a whole book about his journey becoming a Sikhi and Yogi Bhajan's cult. Here is his facebook page of his book https://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAnAmericanSikh

I have seen his material on 3HO and he is doing a good job on exposing them.

3rd day since the question surrounding 3HO and Yogi Bhajan was asked and Basicsofsikhi has not responded or put up the question. Lets give it one more day and see if they provide a clear answer. A lot of other qquestins were asked by others and they are being placed on their site.

I really wouldn't like to rag on basicsofsikhi because they do lots of great work but I do have my concerns and I'm glad this thread came up.

Here's a post from a few days ago...

Q: Hey! I watched some of yogi bhajan before and he seems so awesome !! Don't you think he was a good Sikh ??? I thought he was sucha good person :0

A: Amazing Gursikh - did a lot of Seva and was one of the first to do English Parchaar in America.

In my opinion to call yogi bhajan an amazing gursikh shows gross ignorance of his teachings and practices, many of which are clearly not gurmat. (see all sorts of internet resources and work of gursant singh)

It appears that basicsofsikhi is pushing the kundalini yoga agenda, which deeply concerns me. (not the practice per se, but the philosophy). Maybe this is why they are so sympathetic towards 3HO. It worries me because the vast majority of their work is very good, so people could easily be misled.

basicsofsikhi gospel: Guru Nanak came to open up a spot at the top of our heads.

I could be so very wrong about this but I don't feel that this is a correct teaching and is in fact quite damaging to be proliferating in the name of Sikhi. Think of all the unsuspecting people who got their leaflets who are going to put two and two together and think "sikhs wear turbans because of a spot at the top of their head where they connect to God". This is totally yogi bhajan 3ho kundalini mumbo jumbo!

And for young Sikhs or people just getting into Sikhi this kind of information is even more dangerous.

If I didn't think basicsofsikhi was doing lots of excellent sewa and didn't want them to succeed I wouldn't care about any of this...but because I do I am deeply troubled.

I don't think he is supportive of some of 3ho practices. He doesn't say it directly, but I remember hearing him indirectly mentioning it in one of his videos or maybe it was a comment he wrote, I forget which. He probably will not answer the question you have posted because if he condemns them, he will look very narrow minded and that will be detrimental for the overall parchar work he is doing of Sikhi to reach out to the wider audience. IMHO Some topics are left better untouched until we are in a stronger position.

I kind of see where you are coming from. I really can't say why he would not answer my question. In all honesty, if it was any other jatha being questioned would he put up the question? They have a sevadar answering the questions along with Jagraj Singh:

Who answers the questions here? Is it just jagraj veerji or there is some one else also? I want to know who to thank for answering our questions in such a nice way and helping us to get closer to waheguru. :)
Its a sevadaar ji, and Jagraj Singh answers a few. Thank Vaheguru not us...
Right now, we should just focus all our efforts on Parchar while encouraging other Sikhs who practice manmat to start following authentic Sikhi. All religious and political wrongs will be undone once our people become more religiously observant because a religious Sikh nation is a strong Sikh nation, the less religious we are the weaker we become. During the Singh Sabha movement, the Sikh parcharaks made it a point to not condemn any religion or even start anything political. But once Sikhs were stronger demographically and overall more religiously observant, then Sikhs felt they were in a stronger position to act more bold and then we see Sikhs openly opposing the British in Ghadhar movement, Gurdwara reform movement, Babbar Akali movement while also challenging the pujaris and mahants who were in control of our Gurdwaras. Right now our position is not good. We are a nationless nation, with no international support, most of our youth have become Patit both in India and abroad. To fix this, we need to make Parchar our top priority.

I think this is the wrong approach. The Sikh community needs clarity on 3HO today not when they are brainwashed further by non Sikh teachings.

Another thing is, 3ho are small and have little no effect on Punjabi Sikh society because their movement is mostly geared towards Goras. We have bigger problems than them like the Kala Afghana Chelas, missionaries who are trying to turn Sikhs into atheists and on the opposite side of the spectrum we have to also deal with Sanatan Sikhs who are hell bent on trying to Hinduize Sikhi. And these two manmat groups are confusing the hell out of Sikhs instead of showing the clarity of the simple message of the Gurus.

In no way are 3HO small. Go to their classes and attend their events to see. They have a lot of naive punjabis hooked and they are cashing them out. I don't see why these groups cannot be addressed at once.

I kind of see where you are coming from. I really can't say why he would not answer my question. In all honesty, if it was any other jatha being questioned would he put up the question? They have a sevadar answering the questions along with Jagraj Singh:

Who answers the questions here? Is it just jagraj veerji or there is some one else also? I want to know who to thank for answering our questions in such a nice way and helping us to get closer to waheguru. :)
Its a sevadaar ji, and Jagraj Singh answers a few. Thank Vaheguru not us...

I think this is the wrong approach. The Sikh community needs clarity on 3HO today not when they are brainwashed further by non Sikh teachings.

In no way are 3HO small. Go to their classes and attend their events to see. They have a lot of naive punjabis hooked and they are cashing them out. I don't see why these groups cannot be addressed at once.

Not just Jugraj Singh Ji answers the questions he has his wife and other sevadaars I believe helping him answer the questions on his ask.fm as he has many many unanswered questions.