Basicsofsikhi And 3Ho And Yogi Bhajan Question

3ho Sikhs have done huge amount to raise awareness of the Sikh faith in the western world. If Sikhs from an Indian back ground don’t agree with them. Well, it’s tough. I have previously posted my opinions on the subject before and these opinions have not changed. The 3ho Sikhs have donated huge amount in Amritsar, for the grace of God they have even taken the influences of the Sikh dharma to South America.

Outlook of 3ho Sikhs on this forum is portrayed in such a negative light, do they really give any thought to, what other main stream Sikhs think of them? No.

They will continue in their ways because that’s who these people are. If main stream Sikhs from an Indian origin don’t agree, they will establish their own sect and carry on. We have seen this in India and we will also see this around the world.

Sikhs dharma does not belong to people of Indian origin. Sikh dharma does not belong to SGPC, Akaal Thakat or any other religious body. If you want abide by Sikh dharma by following these bodies then this is your choice.

Don't think everyone will follow in the same direction.

Sikh dharma belongs to Akal Takht. Akal Takht is our supreme authority of the Sikhs. 3HO can be part of Sikhi if they drop the kundalini yoga and hindu rituals which is against Sikhi. Yogi Bhajan didn't even like Sant Jarnail SIngh ji and wanted to get rid of him. This cult just hurts Sikhs overall. I don't care if they bring awareness or gain thousands of followers. I would rather have one person following the real path of Sikhi. I guarantee many mahapurakhs would call these people blind fools.....

Nailed it!

Thats exactly whats going on here.

Veer Jugraj Singh doing great seva and becoming well known even in non-Sikh circles yet he is made to be in a position that someone else has a problem with. Why stop at only him then? why only him Barinder?

I beg of you to go and ask all other Gursikhs who are in the media and put a response on here:

Ask Navreet Singh

Ask Harinder Singh Naviar Khalsa Jatha

Ask Dr Sukhpreet Singh Udhoke

Ask Gurmej Singh Gill

Ask Joga Singh

Ask Amrik Singh Federation

Ask Ravi from Khalsa Aid

Ask Balbir Singh Bains SOPW

So on and so fourth

All the Singhs and organsations in the lime light and may need sangats support ask them all and do the same, make a dedicated thread for each of them for the stand on your question.

What seriously is the point of this, you could have just asked him personally for his opinion. We all have opinions.

If you think that peoples opnion on 3HO is so so important then go around and ask all the people and all the organisations menioned and do that same to them too then.

Many thanks.

Stop acting like the aunties ssittng in the langar hall sipping on some cha and gossiping. Read post again.

I'm with you. Thanks for standing up for this. The only reason basicsofsikhi was a point of interest to me in this regard is because they have the biggest youtube presence and are reaching out to many people (in English as well) who know little or nothing about sikhi so I'd say they have considerable influence. They do so much great work. I'm a big fan of Jagraj Singh ji. Been watching his videos since the beginning. There appears to be some dangerous thought and influence from 3ho however so I think it's fair for sangat to bring this to attention of people of influence.

Really it would be great to educate the sincere and good people of 3ho and bring them into the fold of true Sikhi. Or they can continue with Kundalini Yoga which is just as well if that's their choice. But to conflate KY and Sikhi is not right...it is a misrepresentation of Sikhism, and we all know the story of Ram Rai.

The only other thing that interested me about basicsofsikhi and I thought might be connected to their perceived current stance on 3ho was the idea that dasam dwar is the crown chakra (kundalini type idea). I didn't really know this was one of the 'basics of sikhi' and where this idea comes from...but I would very much like to know. Jagraj ji if you read this please make a video! Love you man, thanks for everything.

basicsofsikhi gospel: Guru Nanak came to open up a spot at the top of our heads.

I could be so very wrong about this but I don't feel that this is a correct teaching and is in fact quite damaging to be proliferating in the name of Sikhi. Think of all the unsuspecting people who got their leaflets who are going to put two and two together and think "sikhs wear turbans because of a spot at the top of their head where they connect to God". This is totally yogi bhajan 3ho kundalini mumbo jumbo!

And for young Sikhs or people just getting into Sikhi this kind of information is even more dangerous.

This is about Dasam Dwar. And yes it is located on top of the head. It is mentioned in Anand Sahib and has nothing to do with Yoga of Patanjali

If you have a problem with it then approach him instead of hiding behind a computer/keyboard or give up your studies and profession to make your own YouTube channel.

You're right, I should not have hopped on this thread. I'm very sorry everyone please forgive me. Just putting some opinions out there hoping to share and learn; of course all are entitled to their own. Out of passion for Guru's teachings and probably a healthy dose of ignorance I have expressed what for me are legitimate concerns but this wasn't the best way to go about it. And what may have been disrespect to basicsofsikhi is only the result of the immense amount of respect I have for him/them. Otherwise why would I care what they thought? I suppose I was not that tactful. My apologies.

If you have a problem with it then approach him instead of hiding behind a computer/keyboard or give up your studies and profession to make your own YouTube channel.

This right here is Baba mentality. I just cant stand this mentality.....dont question my baba.....he dropped out of the sky and landed on a gold plated chair.

Everyone can and do make mistakes. Basicsofsikhi is not claiming to be anyone's Baba or have baba status with the red light on his car....move out of the way ambulance there is a ghost crisis at my dera.

Relax, take a deep breath. This is a discussion. Point to one insult or misguided post I have put up about basicsofsikhi or 3ho. There are no thorns on your seat. You can sit peacfully on your chair.

Singh559 just dug himself a deeper baba mentality hole lol.....you are scared come meet my baba then talk huh come on my baba will take you out with his powers....my baba will squash you...lets do this my baba is ready... I just oiled him up bro...lets go

Next one....im a blind person who only listens to my baba and dont read anything else before I open my big mouth....my baba is always right so I dont need to read anything.....my baba my baba my baba

Chela are the worst. Basicsofsikhi never went to name calling or baba mentality but his chela could not control himself. He does not want chela. Hes start his sites to teach others to think for themselves and not depend on him. Chela sahib learn from him and get rid of your chela mentality.