Basicsofsikhi And 3Ho And Yogi Bhajan Question

ITs simple Barinder Ji go and ask Jagraj pahji. What other Singhs on here have said is plain and simple. Itw as posted on here without trying every opportunity to get a DIRECT answer directly from source. It would have been fair game had Basics of Sikhi replied to you and youTHEN SHARED the reply with a post...but no keyboard warriors strike again. Im sorry im a total murak and can't think of a better more constructive way to tell you without causing offence and I apologise but it is pretty simple...you have a problem go to the source and try and sort it out as any Gursikh should do with HUMILITY...if the reply is not gurmat and are causing you a problem then let sangat know citing what in the response you were unsure of or what is Beadbi etc. The baba argument is, I'm sorry, nothing to do with this ...its about common decency...give a whole picture of account not just that you were unhappy. You could always make the Akal Takht aware of your concerns/opinions.

Kphull Jee, when you talk of "Sikh dharma", do you believe it is a religious path with no rehit and sidhaants?

My friend, I use the term "Sikh dharma", if I wanted to define it as a religion, then I would have said "SIkh religion". Sikh Dharam, to me, has no rehit or any religious body controlling the dharam.

I have said in my previous post, If you want to follow these religious bodies and you need their wisdom then please do so. But, don't expect everyone to follow.

Sikh dharma belongs to Akal Takht. Akal Takht is our supreme authority of the Sikhs. 3HO can be part of Sikhi if they drop the kundalini yoga and hindu rituals which is against Sikhi. Yogi Bhajan didn't even like Sant Jarnail SIngh ji and wanted to get rid of him. This cult just hurts Sikhs overall. I don't care if they bring awareness or gain thousands of followers. I would rather have one person following the real path of Sikhi. I guarantee many mahapurakhs would call these people blind fools.....

I disagree, The SIkh religion in its organised state may belong to Akal Thakat. The Dharam (the knowledge) does not belong to anyone. If the 3ho Sikhs are not abiding by rules of Akal Thakat, then its simple, they will split and create their own label. For 3ho Sikhs, its not about the label. The yoga practice and the rituals are the basics to their lifestyle. If Akal Thakat disagrees with them, do you really think they will change their ways? I don't think so.

This cult just hurts Sikhs overal

How are they hurting Sikhs overall?

I guarantee many mahapurakhs would call these people blind fools.....

Again, do you really think, they give any thoughts on Mahapurakhs based in India?

The knowledge from the Gurus don't belong to just the Sikhs, it belongs to the universe, be it may Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Devil worshippers, Atheists. Akal Thakat is not in control of this.

Once again the over zealous chelas could not control themselves and had to drive the topic into the gutter. Jagraj Singh took the time to come here and write, but his chelas could not just control themselves for a second. I hope you lot are proud of yourselves. Pat yourself on your back for your accomplishment. These chelas will burn every book that would not agree with their Baba. I'm a dog of Guru Sahib. I barked in the direction i needed too.

Once again the over zealous chelas could not control themselves and had to drive the topic into the gutter. Jagraj Singh took the time to come here and write, but his chelas could not just control themselves for a second. I hope you lot are proud of yourselves. Pat yourself on your back for your accomplishment. These chelas will burn every book that would not agree with their Baba. I'm a dog of Guru Sahib. I barked in the direction i needed too.

Keep on barking then.

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

http://www.gurmukhyoga.com/sikhism_and_tantric_yoga.pdf - some information on the 3HO crowd.

Let's take it from this perspective: If the Kana Tesiyan incident occurred where people were dancing in the presence of Gurbani was condemned, why not this (yes, Guru Sahib's saroop is not present, but Gurbani is being playes and danced to)? What makes the 3HO crowd the sacred cow when if any Punjabi group does it, we would be out for blood, but since it is 3HO, well, you know, they don't know any better? Why do we keep insisting that they are naive and don't know any better when they have been around since the 70s (listed as the origins of Sikh Dharma).

Its not like the Western Sikhs don't know about Sikhs - it has been decades. They run one of the biggest websites related to Sikhi - Sikhnet. They should be fully aware of what Sikhi is at this point and have had ample time to get out of their New Mexico location and mix with the Sikh body at large (and from all stories presented on Sikhnet - they do). Sorry to say, but there are non Punjabi Sikhs who did not come from the 3HO/Yoga crew who integrated into the Sikhs at large just fine without doing Bhangra and yoga. Many of them have a severe dislike because of the corrupt message sent out by 3HO.

The "oooh...look at the white clothing and the large Dastaar" awe-gawking has to stop and they needed to be held to the same standards of the Panth. I have gone to the LA Gurughar of the Sikh Dharma - it was an interesting experience, where a Western Sikh Bibi told me that I should not say "Karah Parshad" in Ardaas because "Sri Singh Sahib" said a Karah was a bowl in which animal sacrifices are done and I should call it Guruprasad (or some similar variation)- so the entire Panth is wrong and Yogi Bhajan was a BrahmGyani??? Whatever "Sri Singh Sahib" said is gold and what the Panth does is stupid - this seems to be a root cause of the problem.

The SikhiWiki website (run by Sikhnet) still has an article that attempts to validate that dancing is completely acceptable in Sikhi. When I edited the article, it was immediately taken down and when challenged by Gurbani, there was basically no substantial response provided.

You can read here:

http://forums.waheguroo.com/index.php?/topic/35829-guru-sahib-is-telling-us-to-do-bhangra/

It's not ignorance - its arrogance and a disdain for their Punjabi Sikh brethren that is driving this behavior. It needs to stop and they need to openly either be a part of the Panth or declare themselves separate. And we need to stop making excuses for them. The people dancing, I don't blame - the 3HO organizers are fully responsible.

My friend, I use the term "Sikh dharma", if I wanted to define it as a religion, then I would have said "SIkh religion". Sikh Dharam, to me, has no rehit or any religious body controlling the dharam.

I have said in my previous post, If you want to follow these religious bodies and you need their wisdom then please do so. But, don't expect everyone to follow.

Kphull jee, Well I don't know about how you define words, but in India Sikh Dharm means Sikh religion. Hindu Dharm means Hindu religion, Budh Dharm means Budhist religion. Sikhi is full of Sidhants known as Gurmat(way of the Gurus). Sikhi is not Sikhi without it's rehit. The two are inseparable. Your Sidhaantless, Rehitless "Sikh Dharm" where anything and everything is allowed whether it is doing Naach, Kurahits, practicing sexual deviancies is not Sikhi at all. I don't know what it is.

I disagree, The SIkh religion in its organised state may belong to Akal Thakat. The Dharam (the knowledge) does not belong to anyone. If the 3ho Sikhs are not abiding by rules of Akal Thakat, then its simple, they will split and create their own label. For 3ho Sikhs, its not about the label. The yoga practice and the rituals are the basics to their lifestyle. If Akal Thakat disagrees with them, do you really think they will change their ways? I don't think so.

This cult just hurts Sikhs overal

How are they hurting Sikhs overall?

I guarantee many mahapurakhs would call these people blind fools.....

Again, do you really think, they give any thoughts on Mahapurakhs based in India?

The knowledge from the Gurus don't belong to just the Sikhs, it belongs to the universe, be it may Christians, Hindus, Muslims, Devil worshippers, Atheists. Akal Thakat is not in control of this.

Lol oh man yeah sorry 3ho sikhs are much more devoted to Sikhi than mahapurakhs who have merged with the One. I think mahapurakhs know right from wrong in Sikhi. Akal Takht is the supreme throne of the Sikhs. Guru Hargobind himself started it and till now it is our authority but many Sikhs don't follow it. People might say it is corrupt and they have their opinion but it is our supreme authority still just like Catholics have the Church even though it has gone through rough times.

To be honest if you know about Yogi Bhajan and how he was against Sant Jarnail Singh ji and many sexual assault cases against him in America do you really think Sikhs want anything of their blind rituals and meaningless yoga practices?