Sword Fight At India’S Golden Temple On Raid Anniversary

dholki

after watching the videos Sikhs will look like a bunch of un-organised, illiterate, old fashioned, dangerous, uncontrollable, unruly without any intelligent leadership pack of lions to any outsider.

Take any Gurdwara Sahib ji. its being controlled by probably an old styled, uneducated man and that too from last many many years.

we don't like change. We stick to idiots. it happens here and it happens in Punjab. Nothing new.

Leaders, committee members/ heads should change after every 2-3 years. don't vote same people into the power again and again. otherwise this story will repeat itself.

by god's grace nobody died but look back at the history. after watching this people will strongly support anything which says sikhs shouldnt be allowed to carry long kirpans.

Interestingly enough, for a warrior race, not one of them knows how to hold a sword or how to use one.

If they had, they would not used it in the manner that they did.

What a joke!

Sikhs these days are a shadow of puratan Singhs.

They would have trouble weilding Mata Bhag Kaur heavy sword let alone what Baba Deep Singh weilded. It's pathetic. I've seen very few Sikhs in my time that I would consider "warrior stock."

I think the committee system in gurdwaras is not working well...It may be because the people running these committees are not truly in line with sikhi and often are not educated in their religion but rather their culture. It seems this altercation came about as a result of a committee clash. What do u guys think about our generation taking on committee roles? Do u think it would help the current failing system? What the methods of election...how can things be better?

after watching the videos Sikhs will look like a bunch of un-organised, illiterate, old fashioned, dangerous, uncontrollable, unruly without any intelligent leadership pack of lions to any outsider.

Take any Gurdwara Sahib ji. its being controlled by probably an old styled, uneducated man and that too from last many many years.

we don't like change. We stick to idiots. it happens here and it happens in Punjab. Nothing new.

Leaders, committee members/ heads should change after every 2-3 years. don't vote same people into the power again and again. otherwise this story will repeat itself.

by god's grace nobody died but look back at the history. after watching this people will strongly support anything which says sikhs shouldnt be allowed to carry long kirpans.

As painful as it is, it's important to realize the view from the outside and all the adjectives you describe. You also summarize the end result of this. It is not just long kirpans, but also kirpans, dastars, beards and beyond. The real negative effects of this type of thing are widespread and far far ranging.

I place a wider emphasis on the problem however. The gurudwara committee simply adopts wider cultural perspectives. As in my previous post, we need a cultural shift away from a male testosterone that is raised on superiority and promotion of tribe and clan. This is brought to our attention on this day at this place. However, it happens regularly at gurudwaras and as I mentioned in my previous post, punjabis around the world are making a55e5 of themselves in many aspects of life. The most telling part is we then celebrate ourselves as "successful" punjabis while others collectively think we are idiots.

We have become hindoos with turbans. By that i don't mean insult to any upstanding practicing Hindu bros and sis. I mean we have become nothing more than racist castist Indian using Sikhi as just another layer identity on top of our caste tribal identity.

So many Sikh activists in the form of youth groups, artists, rappers etc. have done so much for Sikh pride, for a truly humble punjabi pride. Sikh jatt heroes sacrificed everything. They were calm, humble and saw themselves as Sikhs only. They were not todays jatt buffoon with caste pride that may get an education but never grow past adolescent ethics and thought. The hardest thing to do is rid yourself of childhood brainwashing, but if we want our mind to step out of it's cave, we must. And we must foster a culture that invites others toward Sikhi yet keeps caste clans and tribes out of Sikhi.

The clash at sri darbar sahib today happened because of badal dal sgpc masands wouldnt let smaller groups pay tribute to the sikh shaheeds of 1984. So inevitabley a fight would break out of such arrogence is displayed by anti-sikh SGPC freemasons. Sikhs will rise up Sikhs know how to take their rights and then Sikhs are called fanatics as extremists as violent.

When a terrorist oppressive and repressive Indian government regime since india alleged gained independence from Britannia in 1947 (but actually is not free) is backed by most corrupt capitalist world powers has killed and silence your people for the last 30years and you have no means for justice or readdress then anger will boil over. The Sikhs in the Sikh empire looked after every inhabitant under their rule, no one went hungry, no one went without shelter or clothing. Yet today in punjab and in india there is such poverty and rich-poor gap. This is the result of greedy capitalist and unethical uncaring policies of looking out for yourself and no one else.

The Sikh religion teaches care for all those around you especially the weak and oppressed... they would not go hungry or live in poverty under Sikh rule because Sikhs being compassionate people would give them all that they need because Sikhs would have the financial resources to spread the wealth and not horde it like terrorist greedy capitalist regimes in their off shore swiss bank accounts

Well done to all those parties that fought with the sirmuni committee. Next time don't forget to bring those hot cauldrons with you to boil these masands alive. Punjab is in terrible fate with the likes of these fat bellies being fed by Modi and Badal, whilst everybody else in Punjab is suffering so badly. No education or jobs. Farmers can't make a living. Inflation is sky high, girls are dancing like prostitutes or standing still like statues inorder to be fed. Youth have turned to drugs and alcohol, drug dealing and bandits.

I do ardas to Satguru Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji to give blessings to those honest Sikh Groups fighting for justice and welfare of Punjab inorder to save it from plunder by the Government and capitalism.

Sikhs these days are a shadow of puratan Singhs.

They would have trouble weilding Mata Bhag Kaur heavy sword let alone what Baba Deep Singh weilded. It's pathetic. I've seen very few Sikhs in my time that I would consider "warrior stock."

Would you be happier if limbs or heads came off? A warrior stock knows when NOT to swing a sword. A warrior stock knows when and how to put an immediate end to others swinging swords around them. Perhaps that will help clarify why these people are not a warrior stock? A warrior stock also recognizes the absurdity of using an Indian caste/race identity on a Sikh forum.