Sikh Temple

Guest The A.

Guest The A.

Hello brothers,

I have come here to respectfully ask for help, I am an architect currently working on a project for a Sikh Temple in central London and I have been researching about Sikhism - beeing impressed with the tought and the path of the religion, it has helped me get a good insight on it.
Although I need your help so I can understand better what are the needs in a Sikh sacred space, I want to project a building that allows Sikhs in London to be able to do all the practices in confort and in a place that is adapted to them.

thank you so much in advance and peace be with you.

Hello fellow Architect :)

Can i be cheeky and ask where in central london this new Gurdwara is going to be? How exciting!

To get a better understanding of the layout, facilities and activities that take place with in a Gurdwara, I would recommend a visit to one of your locals :)

Theres quite an old one in Shephards bush/holland park- Queensdale road, W11 4SG.

And then theres a massive one in southall, Havelock road which is quite impressive.

A Gurdwara is open to everyone regardless of their race sex religion etc. There are some rules you must adhere to- cover your head, remove your shoes. You must not be under the influence of intoxicants and must not have any on you. Tobacco alcohol etc forbidden on premises. Other than that, pop by, ask someone to give you a tour, take a few snaps to help with your project, ask a few questions and have a free veg meal one the house ;) Im sure you'll enjoy your visit!

Please keep us posted on your project! Very exciting :)

Thanks

Guest The A.

Thank you S4NGH!

Yes, the new Gurdwara is predicted to rise in the King's Cross development area, just north of Camley Street Natural Park (next to the river, in a location I think may have a lot of potential).
I feel honoured by your invitation and will visit in my next trip to London, I am currently living and working in Portugal but will look into to find a Gurdwara next to me as getting in contact with more people for I think it is important in the development of the project. I will also look into the example you gave me.

Once again thank you and let me express that I never felt so well received in a religion as much as conected with its cultural aspects.