Origin Of Blue Bana's

Singh97

VJKK VJKF

When did Khalsa Fauj start wearing blue bana's? I've heard different stories, some say Baba Deep Singh Ji started them and some say Guru Gobind Singh Ji started them. Obviously they weren't there at Guru Nanak Dev Ji's time so does anyone know when exactly they started? Sorry if it's an odd question, I was talking to a few friends and we couldn't figure it out.

VJKK VJKF

I hate to disappoint you but the truth is that ALL forms of clothing have their origins in history not mythology. The reality is that before the Moguls came to India the SiKhs simply didn't exist. It is highly likely that at the time of Guru Hargobind Ji military attire was heavily influenced by the royal courts at the time, of the Moguls and Rajputs in particular. Certainly if you look at the paintings of this period, there is remarcable similarity between the nihang bana and shastars and what the warriors were adorning at the time. One can romaticise as much as one wants, and though there will be some variations in colour and style, and it is perfectly possible that many nihang dals adopted blue, there is no real historical or theological significance in colour. Military attire needs to be fit and foremost for purpose. Much of what passes as Sikhi bana is of little practice significance in modern day warfare, where fireproofs, khakis etc are what is needed. i am not saying that todays Sikh youth should not get dressed up at weekends and romanticise the past, indeed, I have done plenty of that and have all my baba, of every colour, neatly packed away. My argunent is to see this for what itnis, a bit of fun, nothing more. Its like the old english enthusiasts I see at Warwick and Kennilworth castle's enacting old battles and generally having a good time. It is a hobby and nothing more than that. The serious busness of Sikhis is far removed, and it concerns addressing the most pressing issues facinng humanity today, of hunger, illiteracy, poverty, confict, gender violence, racism, greed and most of all saving the planet. i would like to hear what the nihangs in the blue bana's have to say and do about these issues. These are the battled for modern day warriors to fingt.

everything is interconnected , every religion everything

saying one thing is a mythology and ours is concrete is just as stupid as saying that

if we cannot prove god, he doesn't exist.

rise above your ego and intellect rise towards that higher conciousness, learn things with empty cup for you will learn nothing with ego and a cup full of tat gian

saying one thing is a mythology and ours is concrete is just as stupid as saying that

rise above your ego and intellect rise towards that higher conciousness, learn things with empty cup for you will learn nothing with ego and a cup full of tat gian

Guru Gobind Singh Ji's pluralism allowed him to utilise Hindu Culture despite not professing belief in it.

so don't make misinforming posts to confuse people. The kachera came from Hanuman, Chandi gave us the Sri Sahib. Shiva gave us the kara .....don't hate Hindus so much.

I thought Guru Gobind Singh Ji gave the panj Pyare the 5 Ks... I Didn't realise that some Sikhs think they came from monkey and war gods.

Indeed so, I am going through 800 pages long japji sahib teeka pdf by sant gyani gurbachan singh bhindranwale amount of cross platform framework similarities we share with indic/snatan/hindu texts/figures is astounding, teeka is filled with references from shared wider indic/hindu sources ie- textual references be it sakhiya, bravery snatan (ancient) sakhiya of hanuman, sita etc based on gurbani, vedantic-dristha famework, patanjog meditation framework(Yoga chit virthi nirodha), vaishaava bhagti framework avtar metaphysics, atma-paratma framework, three types of reality, three types of gunas-sato, rajo, tamo, turiya, panj tat many more

Funny thing about these Sikhs that love to acknowledge the Hindu origins of Sikh things.

Something happens to their tongue and ability to speak or write when it comes to the Muslim origin of Sikh things.

They go strangely silent.

They use the Hindu origin argument to argue their case that Sikhism begat from Hinduism and is still part of it.

Using their own strange logic then, we must have acknowledged and begat from Islam.

After all, many of our wordsand traditions such as Sardar, Khalsa, Shaheed, nihung, dastar, dastar bandi etc come from Islamic nations to our north rather than Hindu India to our south.

Thats what these 'Hindu' origin fanatics need to understand. If they insist on pressing the Hindu culture case they must understand and accept that others could just as easily press the Islam case.

Both, are equally wrong.