What To Say In Ardaas

wjkk wjkf

i just wanted to ask what you can say after "Hai Ni-maaniaa dai Maan, Ni-dhaania dai Dhaan, Ni-oatiaa dai Oat, Sachai Pitaa Vaheguru" in ardaas, i know you have to say whats the reason for doing the ardaas but i just wnated to know is there an exact wording you say after whatever your doing the ardaas for, eg if your doing it for nitnem, do you have to say it in a specific way, if so could you please tell me what you have to say, because i dont know punjabi that well so when i do that part of the ardaas im kinda lost for words aha, and sometimes theres somethings that i wanna say in the ardaas that i cant say in punjabi so i leave it, can u just say it in your mind or do u have to actually say it aloud? that is my question.

wjkk wjkf

Paa Jee,

Ardas is a personal and private conversation between a sikh(soul) and Wahiguru Akal Purukh. This conversation can be, a model type prayers in any spiritual scirptures, or it can be a natural flow of one´s own words coming from the depth of one´s heart.

Do not worry, if at sometimes words fail you, do to your limitations in any particular language. God is not limited like we humans may be in languages.

There is saying, He listens to the cry of an ant even before the trunk sound made by an elephant ....

He listens to your feelings of love for Him, He knows what you are going to say, even before those thoughts arise in your mind...so then why limit Him with our ignorance... This type of thinking is all brahamvadi, this is not sikhee.

One must remember, one´s destiny is already tailor cut made before we are born ...so no amount of asking or not asking will affect the course of one´s life...

We should be very careful for asking anything...because our unsatisfied desires, shall be the cause for our future continuos imprisonment in this creation.

If there is at all anything to ask, from Wahiguru; of course there are but a very few things to be asked for:

1) Wahiguru, give me the power and wisdom to live by Your will, Your Mauj, Your bhaana ...

2) Wahiguru, let me not forget You in any conditions, do not let be so shameful that never ever may I deny You

3) Ask only for Wahiguru, from Wahiguru.

He can bless us with the best and the highest, just as great as He is, so why to ask for less(Jevad Aap, te vad Teree Daat). And only by getting Him, means, redemption and freedom from the cycle of births and deaths, and union with Him, by merging our soul consciousness in Him.

In Gurmat we come to learn that if ever we have to ask Him anything, it can be as follows:

ਐਸੀ ਮਾਂਗੁ ਗੋਬਿਦ ਤੇ

Aisee Mang Gobidh Thae

ऐसी मांगु गोबिद ते

Beg for such blessings from the Lord of the Universe:

ਟਹਲ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੀ ਸੰਗੁ ਸਾਧੂ ਕਾ ਹਰਿ ਨਾਮਾਂ ਜਪਿ ਪਰਮ ਗਤੇ

Ttehal Santhan Kee Sang Sadhhoo Ka Har Naman Jap Param Gathae

टहल संतन की संगु साधू का हरि नामां जपि परम गते

To work for the Saints( work of the Saints, means their instructions, which is Nam Simran), and the Saadh Sangat, the Company of the Holy. Chanting the Name of the Lord, the supreme status is obtained.

This is what, in Raag Kaanrhaa Dhan Dhan Satguru Arjan Dev Maharaj is telling us to ask only for from the Supreme Lord Wahiguru.

This is true dharma, this is true sikhee.

Sat Sree Akal.

Harsharan000 hit the nail on the head.

You could ask for four ultimate gifts which I think Bhai Bidhee Chand Sahib Jee asked Miree Piree Dey Malak Sri Guru HarGobind Sahib Jee Maharaaj for:

Naam ka Rang

Literally meaning the colouring of Naam i.e. drenched in Naam.

Saadh ka Sang

Company and association to Sant/Mahapurkh/like minded spiritual individuals

Nischaa Abhang

Inexhaustible faith.

Guru Ang Sang

For SatGuru to be with us forever.

I'd recommend reading the Nanaksar ardas as well. It will give you a taste of how much nirmata one should employ when doing an ardas in Guru Jee's feet.

• 2 months later...

The thing about Ardas is that the official Ardas has changed very drastically over the centuries. The Ardas Guru Nanak Dev Ji would do isn't even the same form of Ardas: Guru Angad Dev Ji would do, because Ardas is personal and as a personal prayer it should be with you and VaheguruJi. It's like he can be called God, Allah, Vaheguru, Ram, or any other name because this Vaheguru doesn't care about what you say it's in the heart. And because this truth is for everyone Vaheguru cares for all. Also when you go to Mehta Tekhen you should do a small personal Ardas, now it can't be the big official one because you'd be taking up the time. Do you understand the power of Ardas?

• 2 weeks later...