Bee's Wax

Guest Vegetarian

Guest Vegetarian

So I've noticed in more and more sweets and other foods they're using bees wax. Is this ok to consume as a vegetarian? Does it harm the animal?

Quite a few bees are killed during honey collection, its entirely up to you. I avoid as Ive been vegan for over a decade, but as far as Sikhi is concerned I'm sure its personal choice. I know a lot of Sikhs are big of jootha and if this is a big thing for you please note that honey is practically pollen thats been spat out by bees into honey. (Seems Jootha is very selective from what I have observed)

Guest GuptSeva

Beeswax is considered a vegetarian product. Vegetarian products contain no animal flesh, there's no dead animal in beeswax.

As for harming the insect, Beeswax is naturally produced by Bees to construct Honeycombs cells in which their young are raised. The Bee Farmer simply scrapes this off and collects it, which causes an irritation to the bees but they simply recontruct the Honeycombs again.

In the grand scheme of things, I wouldn't worry about it.

Hope this helps!