Should The Amrit Process And Kirpans Be Vetted And Licenced?

I am talking about pioneers not stereo types.

Bhai Daya Singh ji

Bhai Dharam Singh ji

Bhai Himmat Singh ji

Bhai Mohkam Singh ji

Bhai Sahib Singh ji

Typical response that goes no where. Sant Jarnail Singh ji along with Bhai Amrik Singh ji were not stereo types. Both married and did seva in Punj Pyare. I don't need to provide thousands of examples. I just need the one.

If it suits jathebandi's they say it's authentic, tradition or Rehat.

But when it comes to sacrifice they go in hiding.

Your ignorance was shown in a few words above.

Doing Seva of Punj Piyaras is a full time job.

Part timers & Grehasti have been a disaster, look at the state of Panth.

This is the difference. You treat it is a job. Where others treat it as Satgur Parsad. How ridiculous it is to say the whole Panths state is to be blamed on Punj Pyare lack of attention to their seva. You are better off blaming the fetus for the same problem because you never know he could have been Indira Gandhi in his past life. Get real and stop living in a bubble.

Pseudo leaders are busy promoting their blood relations, where is the merit ?

Ask them how did they amass their wealth.

It should all be taken & attached to Gurdwara assets.

This is coming from the person who degraded village people. Nice to see the consistency in your post.....sigh

Being one of Punj Piyaras means having guts got nothing to do with singing Keertan or having Gian.

By what you just wrote that means a mona Buddhist monk who practice Sikhi every Monday and Sunday can become a Punj Pyare as on friday he gets drunk and becomes a warrior. Surely you have no gyan, I don't even know why I am talking to a person who insults the hard working labor class as just pendu brainless creatures.

What you have is mismatch of skills & the job.

What you have is your inability to make the assessment of what Punj Pyare can and cannot do and what it requires to be a part of Punj Pyare. We have a word to describe people like you at work. But I won't use it here as little kids also use this site. It's not a pretty word, but fits perfectly.

How will it be practical for anyone to vet and licence the select few from millions of Sikhs ? Since we all live in mixed secular societies, the only right for Sikhs should be to carry a blunt and small mock kirpan that cannot hurt anyone. We are not living in medieval times.

The Khalsa can and will vet themselves we don't need jokers like you suggesting we carry toys ... we are the khalsa and we are here to save the oppressed and establish the raj of sach here on this Earth. Sorry your family member got scared, maybe he was scared because he was the cause of the accident ? I don't know, that little story doesn't prove anything the world is made up of Individuals maybe that Sikh guy was having a superbad day .

if you don't believe we are living in the medieval ages explain why messed-up stuff like this happens

you said if someone 'truely' wants to give their head for the panth. i tottaly agree with this, the problem i have is that we cant tell if someone 'truely' wants to give their head for the panth or if their taking amrit for the wrong reasons, this is why we need a regulation system, the regulation system would also include taking everyones names and details down who takes amrit and keeping a record so they can be called back to be checked on to see how they are doing, we need to get organised man xD , and as for bhai jugraj singh, hes an exeption, even he proberbly wished he learn the basics such as punjabi and gurmukhi before he took amrit, im sure he mentioned that in one of his videos xD but, it was just gurus hukam that he took amrit then and we should be glad he did lol ! aha

In Bhai Randhir SIngh ji's book Jail chitian he explain that abilakees for amrit sachar were expected to sit through whole Akhand paat ji and then get interviewed by Panj piare, who were made up of High avasta/kamai vale rehitvan Gursikh if the abilakees were deemed to be wanting they were refused . I have undergone through that interview process(minus the akhand paat as was during reshanbhai) twice once when a little girl and later on when I had again with my children.

If you had mischief-makers in that situation would they sit day and night in darbar for three days just to have Amrit interview only I think not . They would get impatient angry etc proving they are not ready. Being illerate was never a barrier to becoming Khalsa as you can learn bani by listening and also studying gurmukhi that how early sikhs came from diverse backgrounds to Sikhi.

In Bhai Randhir SIngh ji's book Jail chitian he explain that abilakees for amrit sachar were expected to sit through whole Akhand paat ji and then get interviewed by Panj piare, who were made up of High avasta/kamai vale rehitvan Gursikh if the abilakees were deemed to be wanting they were refused . I have undergone through that interview process(minus the akhand paat as was during reshanbhai) twice once when a little girl and later on when I had again with my children.

If you had mischief-makers in that situation would they sit day and night in darbar for three days just to have Amrit interview only I think not . They would get impatient angry etc proving they are not ready. Being illerate was never a barrier to becoming Khalsa as you can learn bani by listening and also studying gurmukhi that how early sikhs came from diverse backgrounds to Sikhi.

I disagree just because you manage to sit through a akhand path doesn't prove your ready for a sant sipahi lifestyle. If your illiterate and can't even read bani you need to take this intermediate step first and become literate.

Take on physical fitness and shastar training miri piri lifestyle is cumpulsory its not all about rensbhais and listening to akhand paths.

There needs to be a better criteria from panj pyarey.

I disagree just because you manage to sit through a akhand path doesn't prove your ready for a sant sipahi lifestyle. If your illiterate and can't even read bani you need to take this intermediate step first and become literate.

Take on physical fitness and shastar training miri piri lifestyle is cumpulsory its not all about rensbhais and listening to akhand paths.

There needs to be a better criteria from panj pyarey.

According to that philosophy no-one would be selected ...taking Amrit is just the first step I was just talking about how older sikhs did things ...of course the ideal is you know your banis and can read but then what are you going to do about those poor souls who want to become Guruwaley although their janam may mean they never had the opportunity to read, write or even pray ? Yes I'm talking about the untouchables and the 'lower castes' they aren't even allowed to hear their granths being read . It is about the soul being ready the body is secondary ...

I mean sakhi from Guru Gobind Singh ji's time ...it is the time of war and everyone is coming to join Guru ji's forces even the call was answered by a udasi , Kirpal Das was Udasi Mahant and leader of the udasi sect all his colleagues ran when the call came to arm and fight but he was the only one who came to Guru ji. When he offered himself to Guru ji the Singhs in darbar started laughing because this guy was fat had only a loin cloth as clothing , a kirpan and a club as weapons , he had not been trained in shastar vidhyiya he was a scholar sadhu but he still came because Guru ji called. Guru put a stop to the laughter by saying that Kirpal Das would fight as he was so resolute in fighting for Guru ji and the Khalsa panth. In The battle of Bhangani Kirpal Das went up against Hayat Khan a skilled pathan soldier who deserted Guru ji despite his inexperience he cries 'sat sri akal! ' and engaged Hayat , the pathan attacked with a kirpan blow but Kirpal Das defended hiself with his club then countered with a crushing blow to the skull finishing him. This written of in Bachitar Natak .

Sanjog and Kirpa is what decides an abhilakees time for initiation everyone has their time ... sometimes as infants or children (your point would mean then they wouldn't even get choola) sometimes as adults , sometimes they have to wait of their life partner . My Nani waited nearly her whole life for Nana ji to be ready but in the meantime she still did her bhagti ... and had partak darshan of Guru ji BEFORE amrit . Nani ji has been gone from this world a long while now but her words were to us to always do work /action as beauty fades, power comes and goes but naam is the only constant.(sada rehnda) . I know you got a bit impatient with what I said but it kind of proved what I said but also if listening to full paat of Guru ji can removed deadly cancer from a nastik imagine how transformative it would be to those who are open to it...

Guest MrHSinghK

I think everyone should read this on facebook made by the very famous Gurnam Singh its got a load of heat

https://www.facebook.com/gurnam.s.khela?fref=ts

Gurnam Singh
Yesterday via Change.org
  • I support this cause. We need to recognise that, for any number of reasons, racists and extrimists exist in all communities, including the Sikh community. First and formost, the Sikhs need to develop and strengthen their own institutions and capability to identify, isolate and deal with a small but dangerous element who agressively display weapons with impunity. We need some kind of licensing system for the possession and use of weapons such as swords and spears.

I was shocked by his view and everyone else was on facebook

I think everyone should read this on facebook made by the very famous Gurnam Singh its got a load of heat

https://www.facebook.com/gurnam.s.khela?fref=ts

Gurnam Singh
Yesterday via Change.org
  • I support this cause. We need to recognise that, for any number of reasons, racists and extrimists exist in all communities, including the Sikh community. First and formost, the Sikhs need to develop and strengthen their own institutions and capability to identify, isolate and deal with a small but dangerous element who agressively display weapons with impunity. We need some kind of licensing system for the possession and use of weapons such as swords and spears.

I was shocked by his view and everyone else was on facebook

Theresa May probably is chasing the agenda of Indian Govt as Sikh Federation UK have opposed Gandhi statue and that has put a fly in the ointment for good 'relations' , Gurnam SIngh is being a fool playing into the Govt hands next they'll be rounding up Singhs who wear Bana and Shastars without reason, holding them under emergency terrorism laws.

Khalsa can sort out these hotheads by talking them down and around to a more calm way of getting justice for our girls or to stop Non-sikh activities in our gurdwarey. But it has to be a panthic effort.

Gurbam singh is spreading propaganda. Dont give him any attention. I am guessing no one cares for him in his social circles and now hes trying to gain some attention to be recognized.

only thing is other people who don't realise or are not 1. amritdhari 2.up to date with current situation in India or here will always click to sign and Gorey who are uninformed.