Should The Amrit Process And Kirpans Be Vetted And Licenced?

wjkk wjkf

i think there should be a regulation system to take amrit, so u have to meet certain requirements, by letting anyone take amrit we have de valued amrit and made it seem easy and as if its no big deal, there should be a certain criteria every person wanted to take amrit has to meet and they should be interviewed by the panj pyare, the punj pyare should ask the sikh what can they bring to the panth and why they should be amritdhari. on the siantly aspect of the requiremtns , they should know their bani's and read it to the punj pyare to prove they know, they should know how to speak/read punjabi/gurmukhi and they should know our history and they should understand the value for sikhi, also they should have a soldier aspect aswell, they youths especially, they should be physically fit which means being able to do x amount of press ups, sit ups, squats etc unless they have a reason they can't. by doing this it will inspire more people to take amrit, because it will give it value and it will give sikhs who want to take amrit something to aim for, being amrit dhari has always come with a price, why has it chaged now?

ive been thinking about this alot lately, im glad someone posted this thread xD

wjkk wjkf

wjkk wjkf

i think there should be a regulation system to take amrit, so u have to meet certain requirements, by letting anyone take amrit we have de valued amrit and made it seem easy and as if its no big deal, there should be a certain criteria every person wanted to take amrit has to meet and they should be interviewed by the panj pyare, the punj pyare should ask the sikh what can they bring to the panth and why they should be amritdhari. on the siantly aspect of the requiremtns , they should know their bani's and read it to the punj pyare to prove they know, they should know how to speak/read punjabi/gurmukhi and they should know our history and they should understand the value for sikhi, also they should have a soldier aspect aswell, they youths especially, they should be physically fit which means being able to do x amount of press ups, sit ups, squats etc unless they have a reason they can't. by doing this it will inspire more people to take amrit, because it will give it value and it will give sikhs who want to take amrit something to aim for, being amrit dhari has always come with a price, why has it chaged now?

ive been thinking about this alot lately, im glad someone posted this thread xD

wjkk wjkf

This is too over the top to be honest. But I can see where your getting your views from. Jugraj Singh was a mona when he chaked amrit. Now look what he is doing for the panth. If someone wants to truly give their head for the Panth and serve the Panth in any way then they should be welcomed. There should be checks on amridharis though on how they doing with their Sikhi if they are struggling or if they are helping out with their Sikh community.

This is too over the top to be honest. But I can see where your getting your views from. Jugraj Singh was a mona when he chaked amrit. Now look what he is doing for the panth. If someone wants to truly give their head for the Panth and serve the Panth in any way then they should be welcomed. There should be checks on amridharis though on how they doing with their Sikhi if they are struggling or if they are helping out with their Sikh community.

you said if someone 'truely' wants to give their head for the panth. i tottaly agree with this, the problem i have is that we cant tell if someone 'truely' wants to give their head for the panth or if their taking amrit for the wrong reasons, this is why we need a regulation system, the regulation system would also include taking everyones names and details down who takes amrit and keeping a record so they can be called back to be checked on to see how they are doing, we need to get organised man xD , and as for bhai jugraj singh, hes an exeption, even he proberbly wished he learn the basics such as punjabi and gurmukhi before he took amrit, im sure he mentioned that in one of his videos xD but, it was just gurus hukam that he took amrit then and we should be glad he did lol ! aha

you said if someone 'truely' wants to give their head for the panth. i tottaly agree with this, the problem i have is that we cant tell if someone 'truely' wants to give their head for the panth or if their taking amrit for the wrong reasons, this is why we need a regulation system, the regulation system would also include taking everyones names and details down who takes amrit and keeping a record so they can be called back to be checked on to see how they are doing, we need to get organised man xD , and as for bhai jugraj singh, hes an exeption, even he proberbly wished he learn the basics such as punjabi and gurmukhi before he took amrit, im sure he mentioned that in one of his videos xD but, it was just gurus hukam that he took amrit then and we should be glad he did lol ! aha

I mean the punj pyare can ask if they want to truly give their head and if the Sikh lies right in front of them and guru sahib then...

Also on the point of remembering Nitnem is many Sikhs can memorize it, but do they know what they are saying. You know I bet a lot of Amritdharis don't fully understand what they are saying or reading. So I think memorizing the Banis can be good but to know what they say is even better as they understand the Truth behind the Banis and not just be "parroting".. But I don't believe one one has to memorize all the Banis. But I do agree someone has to have basic Sikhi knowledge. One thing else is that they should have to do some intense training before amrit, whether sitting through a whole akhand paath or seva.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Amrit Sanchaar or the process has evolved over period of time.

It is common sense that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji gave Khalsa the long Kirpan (being wartime).

I don't know if the selection process of Punj Piyaras is defined by Guru Sahib or is it a matter of tradition.

If it's tradition then how come married old Singhs are doing Seva of Punj Piyaras.

We all know that Punj Piyaras were young-unmarried Sikhs.

Fact is they never went back to their families after taking Khandey di pahul.

Civilian life is very different from that of Armed forces so those willing to sacrifice should follow this path.

Lastly, Sikhs need young leaders/volunteers to serve the Panth.

Old incompetent ones must retire.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

It is common sense that Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji gave Khalsa the long Kirpan (being wartime).

I don't know if the selection process of Punj Piyaras is defined by Guru Sahib or is it a matter of tradition.

If it's tradition then how come married old Singhs are doing Seva of Punj Piyaras.

Civilian life is very different from that of Armed forces so those willing to sacrifice should follow this path.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Don't forget Baba Deep Singh at age 75 he was fit to lead a army. I think we should allow old veterans in the panth.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Christianity and Hinduism influenced post. Punj Pyare can and did get married in the past. They also live as civilians and fulfill their duty for the Khalsa Panth. Hinduism believes in the separation of what they call bhagti and shakti. The failure is not on the system, but on people unable to live up to the system's high standards of in-cooperating bhagti and shakti to walk the middle path. Old insignificant beliefs of man needs to Thistay unmarried to live a pure life are creeping back into Sikhi because men themselves are unable to live up to the standard of Sikhi. Human instinct kicks in and says the system can't be accomplished, so degrade it and distort it.

Give me the number of the fake Sant who told you this useless made up horse manure. This type of thinking and people are out to destroy Sikhi.

This whole idea of a process before taking Amrit shows clear ignorance. These same people would ban Bhagat Dhanna Jatt ji from taking Amrit because of his ability to read and write. Same people would disallow a Gursikh who does not have the potential to memorize Bani, but has devoted his/her life to practicing Sikhi out of the door. Punj Pyare that I have spoken to are high jeevan Singhs who understand the different struggles many people face and limits their ability to grow in a certain aspect. Thank Vaheguru we don't have the inexperienced, closet living men as Punj Pyare. They have no experience working with the poor, experienced hardship, struggled through thin and thick to still say....whatever you do is good for me. Their hands are softer than a babies butt. The so called Sant these people follow sit in a room all day and then have the audacity to criticize people who have been busting their backs for 10 to 13 hours at a minimum wage job. Tell these process makers and run aways from regular life to come and spend one day in the real world. We will see how long these Sants can last. None of these fake people can walk in a normal person's shoes. They would be giving up before it even started. They are used to their cushioned life of getting fed by the sangats hands and pocket. Throw these process makers out on the street if they ever come to your town.

Christianity and Hinduism influenced post. Punj Pyare can and did get married in the past. They also live as civilians and fulfill their duty for the Khalsa Panth. Hinduism believes in the separation of what they call bhagti and shakti. The failure is not on the system, but on people unable to live up to the system's high standards of in-cooperating bhagti and shakti to walk the middle path. Old insignificant beliefs of man needs to Thistay unmarried to live a pure life are creeping back into Sikhi because men themselves are unable to live up to the standard of Sikhi. Human instinct kicks in and says the system can't be accomplished, so degrade it and distort it.

Give me the number of the fake Sant who told you this useless made up horse manure. This type of thinking and people are out to destroy Sikhi.

This whole idea of a process before taking Amrit shows clear ignorance. These same people would ban Bhagat Dhanna Jatt ji from taking Amrit because of his ability to read and write. Same people would disallow a Gursikh who does not have the potential to memorize Bani, but has devoted his/her life to practicing Sikhi out of the door. Punj Pyare that I have spoken to are high jeevan Singhs who understand the different struggles many people face and limits their ability to grow in a certain aspect. Thank Vaheguru we don't have the inexperienced, closet living men as Punj Pyare. They have no experience working with the poor, experienced hardship, struggled through thin and thick to still say....whatever you do is good for me. Their hands are softer than a babies butt. The so called Sant these people follow sit in a room all day and then have the audacity to criticize people who have been busting their backs for 10 to 13 hours at a minimum wage job. Tell these process makers and run aways from regular life to come and spend one day in the real world. We will see how long these Sants can last. None of these fake people can walk in a normal person's shoes. They would be giving up before it even started. They are used to their cushioned life of getting fed by the sangats hands and pocket. Throw these process makers out on the street if they ever come to your town.

I am talking about pioneers not stereo types.

Bhai Daya Singh ji

Bhai Dharam Singh ji

Bhai Himmat Singh ji

Bhai Mohkam Singh ji

Bhai Sahib Singh ji

If it suits jathebandi's they say it's authentic, tradition or Rehat.

But when it comes to sacrifice they go in hiding.

Doing Seva of Punj Piyaras is a full time job.

Part timers & Grehasti have been a disaster, look at the state of Panth.

Pseudo leaders are busy promoting their blood relations, where is the merit ?

Ask them how did they amass their wealth.

It should all be taken & attached to Gurdwara assets.

Being one of Punj Piyaras means having guts got nothing to do with singing Keertan or having Gian.

What you have is mismatch of skills & the job.