Ilford

Guest blurb

Guest blurb

Fatehji

I wanted ask sangat ji - my job is beimg transferred to ilford - family moving so big step from south england to ilford. Had few questions...

which Gurdwaras are there in ilford?

What sikhi programs are there for kids/youth?

Im seeing a lot if children not with sikhi saroop (internet search) so wondering is there any gurmat camps?

also is there a sikhi school?

Is there any shudh santhiya - taksal?

If so who is ustaad of santhiya?

thank uu ji

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Some useful links

http://www.karamsar.co.uk/

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Singh_Sabha_Seven_Kings

http://www.ggskcollege.co.uk/

Friendly advice - don't go around asking for Shudh Santhiya & Taksaal.

I read there was trouble between management of above Gurdwaras & some Taksali's over Santhiya classes.

Sensible people either take what is offered & improve later on or don't attend.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Some useful links

I read there was trouble between management of above Gurdwaras & some Taksali's over Santhiya classes.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji Ki fateh,

I am a transplant to Ilford too, my personal experience is I made the mistake of sending my eldest at age 3 to GGSK college... he was bullied constantly by older students and also to some extent by his teacher because of his mixed background his father is European descent Brasilian and I myself Punjabi . I thought being a Sikh school with its own Gurudwara the kids would be more understanding of Keshadhari Sikhs thus my Son would remain confident in Khalsa roop but the truth is he was picked on constantly by the Mona sikhs and even had a knife pulled on him by a 13 year old and was told that if he told that boy would kill his parents, the staff tried to push the blame onto my kid that's when I took him out of there. I should never have taken him out of Montessori based schooling for that ...

Guru SIngh Sabha on Seven Kings High Road have a lot of sangat , many amritdhari families not sure of quality of classes etc but Karamsar GuruDwara has quite well advertised punjabi classes also they have Tanti Saaz lessons along with vocal training pricing is reasonable for quality of lessons

Mischief makers are trying to defame Karamsar (see above ) and the gurudwara has put a statement out on their Facebook page thus:

A video is going around (in fact, a few are) of Gurdwara Karamsar ILFORD, in which a group of Sikhs are being 'STOPPED' from doing Santhia. The videos are skewed and are being uploaded by an individual.

FIRST POINT:

The group who attended this evening had begun santhia around 6 weeks ago, without gaining any permission from the Gurdwara management. They have been coming in and were since told not to continue, as there is no responsible individual who can be held accountable, if something were to happen. In addition, the group were told that there is santhia which occurs every Thursday, so it is not as if there is 'nothing for the sangat', as is being implied in the video. There is also Gurbani viakhia on Mondays, Weekly simran on Thursdays, along with Punjabi and Sikh History classes.

SECOND POINT:

The darbar sahib was being shown to be locked. The 2nd floor darbar is usually locked for security reasons, and is opened when there is a programme (It is a spare hall). Again, such individuals were denied access but wanted to forcefully run their santhia. This group contains individuals from the Mata Sahib Kaur Academy (since closed), and they have been denied access at all the local Gurdwaras. The main darbar, on the 1st floor, was open and kirtan and katha carried on till half past 9!

THIRD POINT:

There is no rule that the police officers couldn't wear their shoes and hats outside the darbar sahib. They did not wear shoes in darbar sahib. The police were called prior to this event, and they maintained a calm presence, only being there to prevent any violence. From observance, and by being a human being with eyes, I can see that some people only attended to increase the sangat numbers. Speaks for itself.

The Gurdwara trust has allowed many regular activities and events to occur, and as such it is my most favourite Gurdwara. Please keep an open mind when these videos come before you.

Waheugu Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

So my own view point having been there is this Gurudwara is truly trying to serve the sangats needs and providing programs and classes to promote sikhi in the youth. It is sad that where naam and bani is the focus people are attacking them because of their success in joingin the people to Waheguru and Sikhi.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I don't know about the quality of education & Sikhi just proximity to Ilford.

Nishkam School West London would be a good option but it's very far.

http://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/welcome-nswl/

The Santhiya incident could have been avoided.

Academy or Taksali's should have been practical & diplomatic.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Firstly as a Nihang I respect all Jathebandias such as "AKJ, NKJ, Nishkam Sevak Jatha, Damdami Taksal, Nanaksar, etc." taught from my Ustad, and I think you should take this Sikhia on board too.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Some useful links

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Secondly I agree with what you are mostly saying, but just because some "So called Taksalis" are causing problems at a Gurdwara, is there any need to stereotype the whole of Taksal.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

I don't know about the quality of education & Sikhi just proximity to Ilford.

Nishkam School West London would be a good option but it's very far.

http://www.nishkamschooltrust.org/welcome-nswl/

The Santhiya incident could have been avoided.

Academy or Taksali's should have been practical & diplomatic.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa
Waheguru ji ki fateh

Thirdly I agree with mostly everything your saying here, about how things should be practical & diplomatic, but Veerji could you stop bashing Taksal over what some "So called Taksalis" have done.

What is you Kaaran behind targeting Damdami Taksal ?

If the members from the Academy have krodh & communication problems and no nimrata, yeah go ahead and bash them all you want,but don't bash any Jathebandia.

Each Jathebandi are like different colors of beautiful flowers which we can all learn from. It just annoys me when people say "this Jathebandi did this and this Jathebandi did that", how are we going to have Ekta if we Jathebandiyas start attacking each other.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I don't know any of the people involved in the incident.

Am just stating what I learned from news articles & the tube video.

If they were not from Taksal or Mata Sahib Kaur Academy then someone from the respective jathas should have made a public statement!

Over here it's just your word against me & jvk ji.

I respect your sentiment of brotherhood & equality but for me "black is black" & "white is white".

It makes no difference to me whether the wrong doer is my family member or yours.

Truth must prevail !

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

I don't know any of the people involved in the incident.

Nor do I

Am just stating what I learned from news articles & the tube video.

So am I

If they were not from Taksal or Mata Sahib Kaur Academy then someone from the respective jathas should have made a public statement!

Why should respective Jathas make a statement about trivial people like these "So called Taksalis", it's a shame these days people just wear banae and get vidiya from respected Jatha and then act immature and then brand themselves as that Jatha.

Over here it's just your word against me & jvk ji.

When did it become you against me thing, totally irrelevant :no:

I respect your sentiment of brotherhood & equality but for me "black is black" & "white is white".

Why, thank you :biggrin2:

It makes no difference to me whether the wrong doer is my family member or yours.

Great attitude O:)

Truth must prevail !

Most Certainly

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ki fateh

It is fruitful to know that you are associating me with people that I don't know, I just came here to post that you shouldn't be attacking any Jathaebandi.

Bai ji,

Rather then telling others not to post negative news, you should post something positive about Taksaal in Greater London.

I just read

Meat and Smoking in Khalsa College Complex, Chigwell UK

http://www.sikh24.com/2014/07/meat-and-smoking-in-khalsa-college-complex-chigwell-uk/

Now what are your views & what will Nihangs, all Jathebandias such as "AKJ, NKJ, Nishkam Sevak Jatha, Damdami Taksal, Nanaksar, etc." and your Ustad going to do about it ?

Guest Balkararara

I think this topic has gone way off on a tangent in the wrong direction. I'm pretty sure the original poster just wanted a bit of knowledge but some people see this as a way of talking about other issues like certain gurdwaras,jathas,groups etc etc. it all sounds like a football match supporting certain teams and not others.

Bai ji,

Rather then telling others not to post negative news, you should post something positive about Taksaal in Greater London.

It was you who started targeting Taksal, not me , i have full pyar for every Jathabandi.

I just read

Meat and Smoking in Khalsa College Complex, Chigwell UK

http://www.sikh24.com/2014/07/meat-and-smoking-in-khalsa-college-complex-chigwell-uk/

Thanks for sharing the article this is very unfortunate news .

Now what are your views & what will Nihangs, all Jathebandias such as "AKJ, NKJ, Nishkam Sevak Jatha, Damdami Taksal, Nanaksar, etc." and your Ustad going to do about it ?

Wish I could answer you, but contrary to your belief I'm not the main Jathedar of every Jathabandi out there, and the question is What are you going to do about it ?

Judging from your previous posts on SikhSangat ( http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/74920-gurdwara-matrimonial-list/

http://www.sikhsangat.com/index.php?/topic/73452-agenda-21-wins-approval-for-barking-sikh-temple/?hl=%2Bsinghbj+%2Bsingh+%2Beast+%2Blondon#entry600095

) it looks like you are from the Barking area and much more closer to Chigwell then me which is a 4 hour drive away.

Therefore giving the advantage to Singhs like yourself to organise something much more quickly as you are closer to the area.

VeerJi I was not attacking you and it is unfortunate that you feel that way. My Ustaad can't do nothing as he is very old and can't walk, you don't know him and he doesn't know you , his veechar is amazing so benti don't take a punch at him.