Gurdwara Matrimonial List

Jvk ji your husband is not of Indian Origin which is very rare.

Am trying to help mass readers (pappu's),

Mom-dads boys/girls who will never marry out of caste leave aside race/colour.

Nobody is perfect, at least they are marrying a Sikh.

How can you blame them when parents are the decision makers.

Call it tradition or Gods will but frankly not many get to choose their life partners.

I am curious to know why didn't you marry a Sikh by birth & how did you persuade your parents ?

A true Khalsa Ananad karaj - To be a khalsa the first step is taking Amrit without it one can not begin on the path of khalsa.

Caste lineage etc is finished when amrit is taken and rehat is followed, before taking amrit ones caste is a worldly stamp for and by manmukhs.

most people who marry out of caste do it for love or thats what they call it some would call it kaam which is not a attribute associated with khalsa or sikhi but regarding all others as brother or sister is, until our elders find a suitable match for Anand Karaj.

but unfortunately respect for elders and family honour etc are taboos in todays modern kaam filled society.

Bai ji,

Jina de burha-burhi time sir viaah dende, oh ta sahi ne.

But ona da ki jehre khud ta 21 saal vich ghorhi chare te niane 40 tak vi kuarey ?

Why is there no Hukam or Rehat on marrying age ?

Panthic Punj Piyaras must address this growing problem.

Jeeondiya nu ta puchade nahi moyan piche larri jande joker.

Jvk ji your husband is not of Indian Origin which is very rare.

Am trying to help mass readers (pappu's),

Mom-dads boys/girls who will never marry out of caste leave aside race/colour.

Nobody is perfect, at least they are marrying a Sikh.

How can you blame them when parents are the decision makers.

Call it tradition or Gods will but frankly not many get to choose their life partners.

I am curious to know why didn't you marry a Sikh by birth & how did you persuade your parents ?

My little brother married an Indian Sikh woman of same gott , he was introduced through family via my Mum . When I went over to India with him, my Husband and my son they came to see us in the pind and the rest was arranged by our Nanaji . Mum was consulted and she was worried about it but it still went through as my Brother said it wasn't right to make an engagement and then break it on such a flimsy thing. They got married in India in 2000 ,they are happy have two lovely sons. My Vadi Bhabhi is more into Bollywood stuff and would prefer her sons were monay but my Brother wont let her touch their gurroop. Their family is more like the average Jatinder type family go gurudwarey on family programs. Keshadhari but not really aware of sikhi. I suspect Bhabhi knows more than she lets on but it doesn't suit her to let on.

The baby of the family married a UK singhni she's not amritdhari but wears dastaar and does her bania and has encouraged him back to a more Sikhi-centric life which is wonderful as he was more susceptible to western influences. They married in 2009 and have two lovely girls .

My little sister married last she's in between the two brothers she met a punjabi munda online working in Saudi Arabia and went with Mum to India , they met, Mum OK'd it and they married on that trip it was out of caste whatever that means and they are also happy here with their daughter. They do their banis and are learning together about sikhi . They are what you would consider 'monay' family but they are more dharmic than the brother just younger than me.

Nobody is a sikh by birth Guru ji's updesh says so ... we all have to have give our heads to Guru ji before we can be accepted . My own feeling is it was Angelo's fate to become closer to SIkhi because to know him and his thoughts and actions he is not the same as family it's like night and day . An incident happened in my life when I was very young and naive and from then I had decided I would rather be alone , pay my own way in this world and perhaps spend it doing sewa instead of getting married .

That's why I studied at university and that's when Angelo met me and also when the culprit of the incident tried to come back into my life . Angelo was a study buddy and a friend and could see I was in distress so I told him why , he offered to deal with it for me but I told him NO my fight is my fight . So I dealt with that nasty scum and Angelo was there as moral support when I finally came clean with my family about what had happened , they did the whole Punjabi melodrama thing . But I was firm I'm not going to expose myself to prospective in-laws and I'm not lying, no amritdhari guys going to be messed about by my actions. I realised that I was spending a lot of my time thinking about what Angelo would say do etc . then I realised I was in risk of being unfaithful in terms that Guru ji has put before us 'to even think of someone other than your spouse' there was no way I could marry another person in good conscience . So the ardas came please Waheguru ji save me from this situation ... I listen to Guru ji and told Angelo what was going on , he was surprised but agreed that going to my folks would be the best thing to do.

My Dad was in India visiting his sis so Mum was the first to meet Angelo with my brothers and sister...she could see that he was a decent , respectful human being but she was non-committal. Then Dad got back and met him too same... once Angelo left, Dad said that I shouldn't fall for the first person who shows me kindness I listened and understood where he was coming from so when he said you guys need to wait a year before getting engaged I was fine with it . I carried on with my life , found a job lived at home the usual ...when the year was up and Angelo was still around they did the engagement in front of Guru ji with his parents there . We then had to wait another year before they would consider a date for the marriage, in the first year Dad had consulted with Sant /Avaasta wale Baba in India about our situation and bachan was that Angelo would become a Gursikh so he OK'd a date.

By the time we married we had known each other over 6 years and although people have been waiting for us to fail we are still together over 18 married years now. When Dad passed Angelo joined in fully, bathing him and preparing him , supporting Mum, doing sewa in the house during the paat ,in fact my Mum said that he did more for her in that time than her biological sons. He has learned how to love in the sikh way and realises how blessed he is to have a Sikh family.