Pav 'singh' On Tv - Big Brother 2014

ikisingh

There are 400-500,000 Sikhs in the UK, less than 1% of the world's population are Sikhs. The turban helps us to identify Sikhs. Upon establishing turban as a Sikh identity Guru Gobind Singh Ji said, “My Sikh will be recognised among millions”.

Since Sikhs believe God to be present everywhere, they cover their head not just in church but everywhere else as well.

We should look at the wisdom ,knowledge and the education and experience of the person rather than his beard or what show his on.

You are Sikh if you follow the teaching of our Gurus. Guru Nanak did not set any example of keeping hair and so on. Most important is to help family, neighbours, no killing, no stealing and earn a living by right way of working and stay away from drugs, do not hurt anyone, be a friend etc, and you will be on the right path to being a good man.

Isn't this what all human beings strive for, regardless of how you look?

We must not forget Pav is a western Sikh boy that represents many modern Sikh boys living in the UK, Now amongst 68 Million people in the UK, with diverse cultures at play, we are all constantly adapting to our environment he still stands for many of qualities that are present in the modern Sikh man of today.

I'm for one am very proud that he is on the show, it takes courage, it takes something special than just words to put yourself out there without any fear of what people may think or say.

I urge all the committed Gursikhs who we look up to, to come from compassion and love, Pav will only bring out either the good in us or the bad in us, the ultimate question is who are you being in reaction to it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

Accha Veer ji,

then if he gives the stereotypical sharabi kabeebi misogynist Punjabi image to SIkhi in the Uks minds you'll be happy and still proud ... I read the blurb in the mirror about him and some of things he said made me cringe and I've seen plenty messed up people.

People that go on Big Brother are insecure and want fame, People that watch Big Brother haven't got a life

No man can reveal to you aught but that which already lies half asleep in the dawning of your knowledge.

The teacher who walks in the shadow of the temple, among his followers, gives not of his wisdom but rather of his faith and his lovingness.

If he is indeed wise he does not bid you enter the house of his wisdom, but rather leads you to the threshold of your own mind.

The astronomer may speak to you of his understanding of space, but he cannot give you his understanding.

The musician may sing to you of the rhythm which is in all space, but he cannot give you the ear which arrests the rhythm nor the voice that echoes it.

And he who is versed in the science of numbers can tell of the regions of weight and measure, but he cannot conduct you thither.

For the vision of one man lends not its wings to another man.

And even as each one of you stands alone in God's knowledge, so must each one of you be alone in his knowledge of God and in his understanding of the earth

There are 400-500,000 Sikhs in the UK, less than 1% of the world's population are Sikhs. The turban helps us to identify Sikhs. Upon establishing turban as a Sikh identity Guru Gobind Singh Ji said, “My Sikh will be recognised among millions”.

Since Sikhs believe God to be present everywhere, they cover their head not just in church but everywhere else as well.

We should look at the wisdom ,knowledge and the education and experience of the person rather than his beard or what show his on.

You are Sikh if you follow the teaching of our Gurus. Guru Nanak did not set any example of keeping hair and so on. Most important is to help family, neighbours, no killing, no stealing and earn a living by right way of working and stay away from drugs, do not hurt anyone, be a friend etc, and you will be on the right path to being a good man.

Isn't this what all human beings strive for, regardless of how you look?

We must not forget Pav is a western Sikh boy that represents many modern Sikh boys living in the UK, Now amongst 68 Million people in the UK, with diverse cultures at play, we are all constantly adapting to our environment he still stands for many of qualities that are present in the modern Sikh man of today.

I'm for one am very proud that he is on the show, it takes courage, it takes something special than just words to put yourself out there without any fear of what people may think or say.

I urge all the committed Gursikhs who we look up to, to come from compassion and love, Pav will only bring out either the good in us or the bad in us, the ultimate question is who are you being in reaction to it.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

ਮੋਇ ਸਿਰਪਾਉ ਖੁਦਾਇਦਾ ਲੈ ਆਇਆ ਬੰਦਾ ਨਾਲ[

ਨਾਨਕ ਆਖੇ ਪੀਰ ਜੀ ਫਿਰ ਲੈ ਜਾਇ ਨਾਲ[

ਫਿਰ ਗਇਆ ਦਰਗਹ ਵਿਚਿ ਅਕੇ ਰਖਿ ਨੀਸਾਨ[

ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਰਬ ਦੀ ਭੰਨਨ ਬੇਈਮਾਨ[

(ਮੱਕੇ ਮਦੀਨੇ ਦੀ ਗੋਸ਼ਟਿ, ਪੰਨਾ ੧੪੪. ਪੰਜਾਬੀ ਯੂਨਿਵਰਸਿਟੀ)

Says Nanak, the hair is the blessing of the Lord to man which ought to be presented back. The man has to present himself in the court of Lord with this trust. The one who could not keep the hair intact has is in fact committed breach of trust and is to be regarded as faithless.

(Conversation of Mecca-Madina, page 144, Punjabi University)

ਜਵਾਬ ਨਾਨਕ ਸ਼ਾਹ ਸੂਰਾ:

ਸਚੀ ਸੁਨਿਤ ਰਬ ਦੀ ਮੋਇਆ ਲੈ ਆਇਆ ਨਾਲ[

ਜੋ ਰਖੇ ਮੋਇ ਅਮਾਨਤੀ ਖਾਸਾ ਬੰਦਾ ਭਾਲਿ[

ਅਵਲ ਸੁੰਨਤ ਮੋਇ ਹੈ ਸਿਰ ਪਰ ਰਖੇ ਕੋਇ[

ਪਾਵੇ ਮਰਾਤਬਾ ਸਯਦੀ ਬਡਾ ਰਿਖੀਸਰ ਹੋਇ[

Courageous Lord Nanak replied:

The true divine sunnat (injunction) is the hair brought by birth.

Blessed is the one who keeps the hair as a trust of God.

The primary sunnat is hair and the one who adorns it on his head acquires the status of a rishi (sage) or a sayyid (Muslim holy man)

(Conversation of Mecca-Madina, page 144, Punjabi University

Accha Veer ji,

then if he gives the stereotypical sharabi kabeebi misogynist Punjabi image to SIkhi in the Uks minds you'll be happy and still proud ... I read the blurb in the mirror about him and some of things he said made me cringe and I've seen plenty messed up people.

A few lines in the paper does not define ones character, our souls are forever evolving. Lets pray that he is blessed with the wisdom to overcome the challenges that are presented to him on this show.

A few lines in the paper does not define ones character, our souls are forever evolving. Lets pray that he is blessed with the wisdom to overcome the challenges that are presented to him on this show.

It never hurts to remember Waheguru but I am sure this guys is not going to learn anything of true value there ...

ਮੋਇ ਸਿਰਪਾਉ ਖੁਦਾਇਦਾ ਲੈ ਆਇਆ ਬੰਦਾ ਨਾਲ[

ਨਾਨਕ ਆਖੇ ਪੀਰ ਜੀ ਫਿਰ ਲੈ ਜਾਇ ਨਾਲ[

ਫਿਰ ਗਇਆ ਦਰਗਹ ਵਿਚਿ ਅਕੇ ਰਖਿ ਨੀਸਾਨ[

ਸਾਬਤ ਸੂਰਤਿ ਰਬ ਦੀ ਭੰਨਨ ਬੇਈਮਾਨ[

Says Nanak, the hair is the blessing of the Lord to man which ought to be presented back. The man has to present himself in the court of Lord with this trust. The one who could not keep the hair intact has is in fact committed breach of trust and is to be regarded as faithless.

(Conversation of Mecca-Madina, page 144, Punjabi University)

ਜਵਾਬ ਨਾਨਕ ਸ਼ਾਹ ਸੂਰਾ:

ਸਚੀ ਸੁਨਿਤ ਰਬ ਦੀ ਮੋਇਆ ਲੈ ਆਇਆ ਨਾਲ[

ਜੋ ਰਖੇ ਮੋਇ ਅਮਾਨਤੀ ਖਾਸਾ ਬੰਦਾ ਭਾਲਿ[

ਅਵਲ ਸੁੰਨਤ ਮੋਇ ਹੈ ਸਿਰ ਪਰ ਰਖੇ ਕੋਇ[

ਪਾਵੇ ਮਰਾਤਬਾ ਸਯਦੀ ਬਡਾ ਰਿਖੀਸਰ ਹੋਇ[

Courageous Lord Nanak replied:

The true divine sunnat (injunction) is the hair brought by birth.

Blessed is the one who keeps the hair as a trust of God.

The primary sunnat is hair and the one who adorns it on his head acquires the status of a rishi (sage) or a sayyid (Muslim holy man)

(Conversation of Mecca-Madina, page 144, Punjabi University

I have not said your values are wrong. But neither are they right. They are simply judgments. Assessments. Decisions. For the most part, they are decisions made not by you, but by someone else. Your parents, perhaps. Your religion. Your teachers, historians, politicians.

There are no “shoulds” or “shouldn’ts” in God’s world. Do what you want to do. Do what reflects you, what represents you as a grander version of your Self. If you want to feel bad, feel bad. But judge not, and neither condemn, for you know not why a thing occurs, nor to what end. And remember: that which you condemn will condemn you, and that which you judge, you will one day become. Rather, seek to change those things—or support others who are changing those things—which no longer reflect your highest sense of Who You Are. Yet, bless all—for all is the creation of God, through life living, and that is the highest creation.

No he's a Katri / Arora bhappa Sikh. The new British born generation of the Afghan Sikhs that arrived in the 90's.

I was at the Parkash at the Guru Nanak School in hayes on Sunday and I would say 75% of the sangat there were these Afghan bhappas. You see them and you instantly notice 2 things about them :

1) Sikhism is only for men. Sikhism does not apply to their wives and daughters. The men have paghs (very very small paghs that are even smaller than some small caps and hats these days) but they ensure their wives are hair-cutted / hair-styled and slutified with hooker type make-up and regalia.

2) Every one of the males has his hair uncut but thats about it. Its as if the uncut hair on the head and the pagh is the sole requirement of being a Sikh. Apart from that, anything goes.

In so many ways Pav Singh actually lives up to his group's stereotype in much the same way as that American hotelier Chadha does. The pagh on the head is just the family tradition. Inside, there is no pyar for Sikhi, only for wealth and they'l gladly take the inequities that come with it.

Being "right" has nothing to do with it. The idea that you call "right" is the idea that someone else calls "wrong." The solution that you call "perfect" is the solution that another calls "unworkable." The position that you feel is unassailable is the very position that others assail.

What will solve all of this? Not attack, that's for sure. And not defence, either. So what is left? Simple human love. The kind of love that says, "It doesn't matter who is right or wrong. It only matters that you are not hurt. And that we both can benefit. All true benefits are mutual."

I have not said your values are wrong. But neither are they right. They are simply judgments. Assessments. Decisions. For the most part, they are decisions made not by you, but by someone else. Your parents, perhaps. Your religion. Your teachers, historians, politicians.

There are no “shoulds” or “shouldn’ts” in God’s world. Do what you want to do. Do what reflects you, what represents you as a grander version of your Self. If you want to feel bad, feel bad. But judge not, and neither condemn, for you know not why a thing occurs, nor to what end. And remember: that which you condemn will condemn you, and that which you judge, you will one day become. Rather, seek to change those things—or support others who are changing those things—which no longer reflect your highest sense of Who You Are. Yet, bless all—for all is the creation of God, through life living, and that is the highest creation.

You should not make statements about sikhi quote "Guru Nanak did not set any example of keeping air and so on" and then instead of backing up your statement with quotes from Gurbani or janam sakhis where Guru ji said this, instead you are giving me advice with your kuchi bani, as for being judgemental please read your own posts which are very offensive slanderous and blasphemous and have hurt feelings is this your bless all you are talking about ? read gurbani and learn some real wisdom about God from Guru ji who is and has met with waheguru ji instead of being trapped in your own mind and preaching your kuchi bani or attending dereh or visting babe, My Guru ji sggs ji says

murkh nal na lujieh.

You should not make statements about sikhi quote "Guru Nanak did not set any example of keeping air and so on" and then instead of backing up your statement with quotes from Gurbani or janam sakhis where Guru ji said this, instead you are giving me advice with your kuchi bani, as for being judgemental please read your own posts which are very offensive slanderous and blasphemous and have hurt feelings is this your bless all you are talking about ? read gurbani and learn some real wisdom about God from Guru ji who is and has met with waheguru ji instead of being trapped in your own mind and preaching your kuchi bani or attending dereh or visting babe, My Guru ji sggs ji says

murkh nal na lujieh.

I agree with you and apologise if I have come across in that manner, I know that all times are Holy, that every religion holds truth, that each tradition is sacred, and that it is in the simple sharing of love that we make our beliefs come alive, and our dreams come true. The fundamental core of my point was that there is a greater matter here, a human one......I say this with the greatest respect not as an attack. I believe there is no separation between this and that, to acknowledge ones difference between this and that, only speaks about separation from the one, In all that I have studied, your soul doesn't care what you do for living, or what you look like - and when your life is over, neither will you. Your soul cares only about what you are being while you are doing whatever you are doing. The Highest Thought is always that thought which contains joy. The Clearest Words are those words which contain truth. The Grandest Feeling is that feeling which we call love. Right now, in this moment, your soul has again created an opportunity for you to be, do, and have what it takes to know Who You Really Are. Your soul has brought you to the words you are reading right now—as it has brought you to words of wisdom and truth before. What will you do now? What will you choose to be? Your soul waits, and watches with interest, as it has many times before. My friend you are beautifully free to announce and declare Who You Are in every moment of Now. Indeed, you are doing so as full Gurksikh. You are not free, however, to declare who someone else is, or who they must be.