Pav 'singh' On Tv - Big Brother 2014

ikisingh

Good points my friend. Doesn't show the whole picture though. In fact, it totally ignores the existence of the 50% of Sikhs that are female as if they are irrelevent as human beings. And that goes back to my point doesn't it ? the one where I say there are some communities among the Sikhs (lets use Tarkhans and Khatris because you specifically mentioned them above) where the majority of men have dastaars but their wives have cut hair. I personally don't see how these men add any value to Sikhism as 'Sikhs' when the mothers of their children are basically Hindus.

You made a mild rant about Jatts in your post but you are failing to recognise the current rennaisance in all things Sikhi among the Sikh youth in Britian. Seeing how I, unlike you, also count females as human beings too, one could argue how it is only the jatts keeping Sikhism alive by being the only ones with a dastaar and amritshak. (you can count on one hand the entire number of bhappa females that are amritdhari and dastaar wearing).

So you see your argument above is valid but only if one wishes to ignore the existence of half our number purely because of gender. Personally, I feel the female Sikhs are even more important than the men as they give birth to Sikhs.

Yes and yes. Yes I do have strong opinions and yes I do tend to keep my eyes open when I'm in public places as I have often found that keeping them closed leads to accidents, falls and trips.

WJKK WJKF ( that "J's" don't stand for JATT)

It's funny bro how your demonising whole communities of Sikhs under caste preservation, all under your "sikh" opinion. It's also funny how you seem to forget that the majority of the Jatts after leaving panjab and going out to abroad like the uk and canada cut their hair (men and women) to gain jobs and be accepted and progress. Now that the 2nd/3rd generations of these original Immigtant Jatts are well educated and financially secure, they have somehow remembered the religion they turned their back on. Other sikh communities didn't lose their dharam, struggled for work, opened the very first gurdware and also succeeded, with their religious dignity intact.

The point is, all castes/braderi have pro's and cons, the Khalsa has only pro's.....which do you affiliate with? Caste or Khalsa as both can never be affiliated like oil and water!

WJKK WJKF