Fiba Forces India's Sikh Basketball Players To Ditch Their Turbans At Asia Cup

• 2 months later...

India's Sikh cagers opt for haircut as Turban won't be an issue at Asiad

NAGPUR: The International Basketball Federation's (Fiba) announcement to allow players to wear religious headgear may have come a little too late for Amritpal and Amjyot Singh. The Sikh players, who were asked by organizers to remove their turbans before their opening match at the Asia Cup Basketball Championship in Wuhan (China) in July, chose to cut their hair prior to boarding the flight to Incheon for the Asian Games on Wednesday.

It is reliably learnt that both players will continue to wear their turbans, but now won't be needing patkas during their matches. The duo chose to avoid questions on why they opted for a haircut, but was relieved with Fiba's decision to allow religious headgear.

"I woke up this morning and was pleasantly surprised with the news that Fiba has reversed the turban ban. I am grateful for the support from all quarters," Amritpal said. "We have been saved from any future humiliation," Amjyot added.

Top sources in the Basketball Federation of India (BFI), however, confirmed the development and said they took the decision to shed their hairs on their own and turban won't be an issue at Asiad.

With no exposure trips before the all important event, a confident Indian contingent boarded the flight to Korea on Wednesday night.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tournaments/asian-games-2014/india-at-incheon/Indias-Sikh-cagers-opt-for-haircut-as-Turban-wont-be-an-issue-at-Asiad/articleshow/42795305.cms

India's Sikh cagers opt for haircut as Turban won't be an issue at Asiad

NAGPUR: The International Basketball Federation's (Fiba) announcement to allow players to wear religious headgear may have come a little too late for Amritpal and Amjyot Singh. The Sikh players, who were asked by organizers to remove their turbans before their opening match at the Asia Cup Basketball Championship in Wuhan (China) in July, chose to cut their hair prior to boarding the flight to Incheon for the Asian Games on Wednesday.

It is reliably learnt that both players will continue to wear their turbans, but now won't be needing patkas during their matches. The duo chose to avoid questions on why they opted for a haircut, but was relieved with Fiba's decision to allow religious headgear.

"I woke up this morning and was pleasantly surprised with the news that Fiba has reversed the turban ban. I am grateful for the support from all quarters," Amritpal said. "We have been saved from any future humiliation," Amjyot added.

Top sources in the Basketball Federation of India (BFI), however, confirmed the development and said they took the decision to shed their hairs on their own and turban won't be an issue at Asiad.

With no exposure trips before the all important event, a confident Indian contingent boarded the flight to Korea on Wednesday night.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/tournaments/asian-games-2014/india-at-incheon/Indias-Sikh-cagers-opt-for-haircut-as-Turban-wont-be-an-issue-at-Asiad/articleshow/42795305.cms

fitt jaune da ...panth de dokhian de moorey sir chukiaya

If that article is true those two "fake" Sikhs should hand their heads in shame. Sellouts , this is why I generally dont have much respect for a lot of Sikhs in India they very easily discard their dastaar and kes for the minimal of reasons. I still see lots of Sikhs from India who upon arriving to the Uk still seem to think they need to cut their kesh and remove their dastaars.

grade A sellouts gaadars of the kaum ,