Singhni Will Be On Bbc 1 Tonight

singh598

I'm sorry am I missing something here, how does someone expressing intolerant views represent Sikhi. She came across as someone who is trying desperately to be "british" but not realising how ridiculous that is as the only difference between her and MR Mohammed is one of language. So I can speak English that means I have integrated. This selfish attitude of on the one hand giving food to the needy showing how wonderful I am and on the other inferring that the civil war in Somalia wasn't that bad, please do some reading Kiren before saying yes to turning up on tv for self publicity. The Guru teaches us to move beyond tolerance to true compassion, love and respect, and not be judgemental. Even at the end it seemed like she was saying I can't say they are a drain because I have spent time in their personal space - so not because I have learnt anything or my views have changed. Really interesting to see that racist, intolerant undertones are best expressed by a brown face!

I'm sorry am I missing something here, how does someone expressing intolerant views represent Sikhi. She came across as someone who is trying desperately to be "british" but not realising how ridiculous that is as the only difference between her and MR Mohammed is one of language. So I can speak English that means I have integrated. This selfish attitude of on the one hand giving food to the needy showing how wonderful I am and on the other inferring that the civil war in Somalia wasn't that bad, please do some reading Kiren before saying yes to turning up on tv for self publicity. The Guru teaches us to move beyond tolerance to true compassion, love and respect, and not be judgemental. Even at the end it seemed like she was saying I can't say they are a drain because I have spent time in their personal space - so not because I have learnt anything or my views have changed. Really interesting to see that racist, intolerant undertones are best expressed by a brown face!

To be fair it was a bit of a set up she had the family who made it clear that they were here purely to take the education and peaceful life here in the UK and take it's fruit back to Somalia but not mix with anyone in a true sense while here.

Why Mr Mohammed had a objection to giving out food to the needy was really puzzling as Muslim believe in Zakat helping the needy...the excuses given were lame on his part if he knew it was a sharing of each others cultural background he would have realised Kiran was going to show her life too, including perhaps her home and place of worship. The other muslim Pakistani couple were much more open and welcoming.

He will get his family housed and educated by the taxpayers as he only does unpaid volunteer work yet when asked seemed surprised that there was an expectation of maybe allowing his children to contribute anything to this country once educated rather than Somalia. True Somalia's situation is dire and there is real danger from warlords fighting still and it needs rebuilding but for now it doesn't look it will get better anytime soon so what is the problem in making the UK a home rather than a temporary camping/waiting spot?

I think she was stating a question that posed the feeling that most white people had about Somali refugees it wasn't her view as she 'mentioned some people may think'

Look my husband and I were a bit thrown too at the last thing she said and she's family (married to my Kid bro) I know she is a good person , she has also worked for the Terence Higgins Trust in the past and is very caring , maybe she didn't want to offend him but she had the feeling like many did, that was they were going to maintain their seperateness as much as possible .

We learn more about the person who claims that to say what you see and hear with your own eyes and ears is racism! It's not a perception, it is a fact. The vast majority of Somalis in the UK know how to work the system and get access to the benefits and not make any contribution themselves. The women have 6-8 kids and get housed in 4-6 bedrooms by the taxpayer, they receive benefits for not working so an average Somali family receives more money from the taxpayer than if the parents went out to work for a living. The average Somali father will state that he doesn't get on with his wife and so will get housed in a flat by himself. He typically either spends the whole day at one of the Somali cafes out of his head chewing khat or working in the black market as a min cab driver not paying any taxes. So these people take two properties off the people who have paid into the system all their lives so you cannot be surprised that the person among even ethnic minorities is that there are too many immigrants.

The Mohammed guy was a typical Somali. They hate the country that feeds and clothes them. You cannot put this down to their having had bad experiences such as racism since they arrived here. They didn't face the blatant racism that our parents and even many of us faced in the 60s and 70s. His objection against taking part in distributing the food to the homeless was that he would be taking part in a 'Sikh' tradition! He is the one who came across as a bigot. Also not entering a Gurdwara not only prevented the non-Sikh viewers from seeing what goes on in a Gurdwara but showed how bigoted the Somali was. The programme should have shown what does on in a Gurdwara but then for the programme makers that is not more important that showing the same in the Mosque. The Pakistani couple came across as scroungers as well. If the husband needs medical help that's not available in Pakistan and you claim to have been well off in Pakistan then pi$$ off to the USA and pay for the medical help you need and don't come scrounging to the UK because it's free! Apart from the above the programme did really well and it was enlightening for people. It showed that migrants from Europe tend to come here to work while the Somalis and Pakistani come to take the benefits and not make any contributions.

I thought Kiran came across well. She showed that even people who are the descendants of migrants feel that the immigrants now are taking the pi$$. The immigrants who came in the 60s and 70s came here to work while the ones now like from Somalia are just here to claim benefits.

We learn more about the person who claims that to say what you see and hear with your own eyes and ears is racism! It's not a perception, it is a fact. The vast majority of Somalis in the UK know how to work the system and get access to the benefits and not make any contribution themselves. The women have 6-8 kids and get housed in 4-6 bedrooms by the taxpayer, they receive benefits for not working so an average Somali family receives more money from the taxpayer than if the parents went out to work for a living. The average Somali father will state that he doesn't get on with his wife and so will get housed in a flat by himself. He typically either spends the whole day at one of the Somali cafes out of his head chewing khat or working in the black market as a min cab driver not paying any taxes. So these people take two properties off the people who have paid into the system all their lives so you cannot be surprised that the person among even ethnic minorities is that there are too many immigrants.

The Mohammed guy was a typical Somali. They hate the country that feeds and clothes them. You cannot put this down to their having had bad experiences such as racism since they arrived here. They didn't face the blatant racism that our parents and even many of us faced in the 60s and 70s. His objection against taking part in distributing the food to the homeless was that he would be taking part in a 'Sikh' tradition! He is the one who came across as a bigot. Also not entering a Gurdwara not only prevented the non-Sikh viewers from seeing what goes on in a Gurdwara but showed how bigoted the Somali was. The programme should have shown what does on in a Gurdwara but then for the programme makers that is not more important that showing the same in the Mosque. The Pakistani couple came across as scroungers as well. If the husband needs medical help that's not available in Pakistan and you claim to have been well off in Pakistan then pi$$ off to the USA and pay for the medical help you need and don't come scrounging to the UK because it's free! Apart from the above the programme did really well and it was enlightening for people. It showed that migrants from Europe tend to come here to work while the Somalis and Pakistani come to take the benefits and not make any contributions.

I thought Kiran came across well. She showed that even people who are the descendants of migrants feel that the immigrants now are taking the pi$$. The immigrants who came in the 60s and 70s came here to work while the ones now like from Somalia are just here to claim benefits.

I would be hard pushed to remember ever reading something so racist as your rant! Unless you have a working knowladge of a the smaali community or know a lot of them as friends I dont think you can make such a sweeping comments. 'typical' and 'your average' are racist terminology because you are putting guilt on a whole community. My first hand knowladge of the few somalis I have known showed greta humour, hard working and yes very religious in some ways. But as 'british (whatever that means) as the next person. The Pakistani couple worked really long hours and came across as lovely. He was facing eyesight difficulties did you not listen to the inspiring words of the doctor £1,500 only for the gift of eyesight...and you would begrudge anyone that? as a Sikh? Never in my life have I read anything as vile pahji! teh hours of work his wife put in would have paid this off in taxes in no time (as she had to earn over £35,000 per annum to stay here, which probably equate to around 10,000 or more in taxes)! I would be happy to have them as my neighbours - no honoured actually! Rather than a racist.

The whole thing was a setup inorder to brainwash with the power of media and a very poor programme overall - you should read the comments on daily mail and telegraph. I thought the singhni was alright - though she doesn't know (as we all) what being british exactly is. What is british culture?

The somalis i know are hard working decent people. I was expecting the Singhni to say they would be a drain...throughout the programme she goes on about how disintegrated they are and then gives a contrary verdict.LOL

Obviously putting a Sikh vs Muslim was part of the trickery that the BBC used. Perhaps this programme was designed to disuade me from voting UKIP