Did Something Regrettable And Want To Check My Status As A Sikh

pepperjackcheese

None of my parents have taken Amrit, but both of them follow Sikhism and religion is very important to them. In fact, my mom does paath every morning and evening. My dad is also Sikh. However, he doesn't do paath and drinks alcohol on occasion. Can I follow this middle ground, moreso like my mother, and be a content Sikh? When I was high school, my mom wanted to order an English translation so that I could also learn paath, but somehow we forgot and never did it. I would like to try this, but I just hope that my mind can find peace now. I've been worried all day, and I have important exams and things coming up. I don't want to sink into depression.

Pepper

I'm not sure if you know Khalsa maths ....1 =Sikh 2 =Sangat 5= Guru

How about sitting with your Mum for sangat at home and do paat with her ? I'm sure she would be glad of the company maybe now you can get that gutka to join in/follow . We used do that as kids and it's a good way to pick up bani pronounciation and have meaningful family time. Then take it from there

Harsharan000, I must admit that I was feeling isolated so I want to start going to gurudwara again, but I realize that it's not enough and I need more so that I don't get into trouble again. I need to involve myself at home too. I feel that now I will do whatever it takes to be like I was as a child and perhaps even more connected. I'm all ears to everything you and other posters advise.

Pepper

I'm not sure if you know Khalsa maths ....1 =Sikh 2 =Sangat 5= Guru

How about sitting with your Mum for sangat at home and do paat with her ? I'm sure she would be glad of the company maybe now you can get that gutka to join in/follow . We used do that as kids and it's a good way to pick up bani pronounciation and have meaningful family time. Then take it from there

I would like to do this but I wonder how I can sit with her with the knowledge of what I did. Right now, I'm feeling such guilt and disappointment with myself, I hope God forgives me foremost. Then I hope I can forgive myself.

I would like to do this but I wonder how I can sit with her with the knowledge of what I did. Right now, I'm feeling such guilt and disappointment with myself, I hope God forgives me first.

why kick yourself so much ...you are sharing a bigger love with your MUM , the biggest love ...imagine how happy she will feel to be able to share that with you again after so long. Dry your eyes, lift your spirits and recite 'ja too mera val hai ta keha mushanda' shabad everytime you feel low ... be happy

http://waheguru.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Ja-Tu-Mere.jpg

why kick yourself so much ...you are sharing a bigger love with your MUM , the biggest love ...imagine how happy she will feel to be able to share that with you again after so long. Dry your eyes, lift your spirits and recite 'ja too mera val hai ta keha mushanda' shabad everytime you feel low ... be happy

http://waheguru.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Ja-Tu-Mere.jpg

I just can't stop thinking about what Muslims say. That when you recite their shahada, you become a Muslim and you can never unconvert. This is what is weighing on me so much. My mother went to the hospital yesterday for low blood pressure. She's sick at home right now and suffering. And what do I do? I hide in my room and go to some stupid website and type their conversion line all because I was stupidly fascinated by those dawah videos and because of the girl whom I was talking to. I love my mother so much, but she is 50 times the Sikh I am. I don't know if after death, God will allow me to see her even because of my actions.

Is there some formal forgiveness at the gurudwara I can go to? I know that Christians have at their churches a place where people can get their sins forgiven. Something like this would take a lot of pressure off my shoulders.

I just can't stop thinking about what Muslims say. That when you recite their shahada, you become a Muslim and you can never unconvert. This is what is weighing on me so much. My mother went to the hospital yesterday for low blood pressure. She's sick at home right now and suffering. And what do I do? I hide in my room and go to some stupid website and type their conversion line all because I was stupidly fascinated by those dawah videos and because of the girl whom I was talking to. I love my mother so much, but she is 50 times the Sikh I am. I don't know if after death, God will allow me to see her even because of my actions

listen carefully muslims will say anything and everything to keep you under their spell but truth is you have free will that Waheguru blessed you with, would you really want to stay in the company of people who believe its a good thing to cheat, attack or kill people because they are not the same as you? that would have your daughters married at nine? of course not because you know what is just and in line with compassion ...

As far as I can remember you say the phrase but you have to believe it . all it says is there is no other than Allah which you believe also but you call Waheguru the second bit is that you believe Mohammed is the true prophet of Allah .. Sikhi says he was sent but he was of the many that ended up getting his own name worshipped so mission partial fail. You have not said/thought anything that ties you to Islam it is just a trick ...the true conversion is once you eat halal meat this was in historical program about mohammed setting up Islam.

sit with your mum and do Mool mantar jap with her, tell her your worries she knows it's not easy in this place to stay steady ...trust her and trust Guru ji thanks for coming and talking to us instead of stewing in your depression

listen carefully muslims will say anything and everything to keep you under their spell but truth is you have free will that Waheguru blessed you with, would you really want to stay in the company of people who believe its a good thing to cheat, attack or kill people because they are not the same as you? that would have your daughters married at nine? of course not because you know what is just and in line with compassion ...

As far as I can remember you say the phrase but you have to believe it . all it says is there is no other than Allah which you believe also but you call Waheguru the second bit is that you believe Mohammed is the true prophet of Allah .. Sikhi says he was sent but he was of the many that ended up getting his own name worshipped so mission partial fail. You have not said/thought anything that ties you to Islam it is just a trick ...the true conversion is once you eat halal meat this was in historical program about mohammed setting up Islam.

sit with your mum and do Mool mantar jap with her, tell her your worries she knows it's not easy in this place to stay steady ...trust her and trust Guru ji thanks for coming and talking to us instead of stewing in your depression

Thank you, I'll follow your advice. And I'll tell my mother when she's healthier so she can give me motherly support also.

Dear brother,

It is o.k to be surrounded with positive people, but bear in mind, like that just as if one has fever, not just by surrounding with healthy people will make you recover, all of them will tell you to take so and so tablets.....in the same way, however down and sinner you may feel, but the thing is, the sickness is within one, not dirt outside, that with a bucket of water thrown by someone, will wash it.

No.

The problem is within, so it is within where the medicine has to be applied, in order to get cured.

That is why I suggested you to trust Wahiguru and do His Simran. He is right within you, and if He is called upon, He Himself comes to your aid, we, the rest of the world can tell you so many things, but ultimately, the ªBaid Govind" and the universal medicine:"Aukhad Nam", are within, so what need is there to go to anyone and or do anything.

If anything is to be done, it is only to call upon Him, by His Simran...That is it all, At least I feel it strongly so, and so I am letting you know.

Sangat, pilgrimages, places of worship, can at most, remind us of Him.

But the actual solution for all problems, is by going to the Sachay Patshah and placing ourselves at His Lotus Feet, and this according to Gurmat, is by His Simran.

Once by this practice we go and approach Him, then as the Bani says: Lakh khushiyaa patshaheea, jeh Satgur nazar kareh....

He will shower you with His blessings, His meher, which are as good for us, just as having within us, the constant waves of true happiness and bliss, by this His bakshish...

Sat Sree Akal.

Come on yaar! Typing something online to some random girl you met on the net, you think changing religion is that simple? If you still feel confused, recite the following lines to yourself (I am hoping you can read Gurmukhi).

ਸ੍ਵੈਯਾ ॥

SWAYYA

ਪਾਂਇ ਗਹੇ ਜਬ ਤੇ ਤੁਮਰੇ ਤਬ ਤੇ ਕੋਊ ਆਂਖ ਤਰੇ ਨਹੀ ਆਨਯੋ ॥ ਰਾਮ ਰਹੀਮ ਪੁਰਾਨ ਕੁਰਾਨ ਅਨੇਕ ਕਹੈਂ ਮਤ ਏਕ ਨ ਮਾਨਯੋ ॥

O God ! the day when I caught hold of your feet, I do not bring anyone else under my sight; none other is liked by me now; the Puranas and the Quran try to know Thee by the names of Ram and Rahim and talk about you through several stories, but I do not recognize any of these.

ਸਿੰਮ੍ਰਿਤਿ ਸਾਸਤ੍ਰ ਬੇਦ ਸਭੈ ਬਹੁ ਭੇਦ ਕਹੈ ਹਮ ਏਕ ਨ ਜਾਨਯੋ ॥ ਸ੍ਰੀ ਅਸਿਪਾਨ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾ ਤੁਮਰੀ ਕਰਿ ਮੈ ਨ ਕਹਯੋ ਸਭ ਤੋਹਿ ਬਖਾਨਯੋ ॥੮੬੩॥

The Simritis, Shastras and Vedas describe several mysteries of yours, but I do not agree with any of them. O sword-wielder God! This all has been described by Thy Grace, what power can I have to write all this?.863.

ਦੋਹਰਾ ॥

DOHRA

ਸਗਲ ਦੁਆਰ ਕਉ ਛਾਡਿ ਕੈ ਗਹਯੋ ਤੁਹਾਰੋ ਦੁਆਰ ॥ ਬਾਂਹਿ ਗਹੇ ਕੀ ਲਾਜ ਅਸਿ ਗੋਬਿੰਦ ਦਾਸ ਤੁਹਾਰ ॥੮੬੪॥

O Lord ! I have forsaken all other doors and have caught hold of only Thy door. O Lord ! Thou has caught hold of my arm; I, Govind, am Thy serf, kindly take (care of me and) protect my honour.864.

Recite these with full conviction!

Here is something more for you:

http://www.info-sikh.com/SauPage2.html

The 32nd Saakhi

Once, the Turks (Muslims) caught a Sikh and took him away with them. They circumcised ('sunnat') him, made him read 'Kalma' (a Muslim prayer). They did what their 'sharaah' (Muslim religious rules) says. They removed his hair, but, his mind was not moved. He started to recite 'Guru Guru Guru'.

They made him eat halal food and then freed him. At the time of 'Rahraas' (the Sikh evening-prayer), the Sikh bowed his head in the holy presence of Guru Ji and said, "O King! I am a Sikh. I fell unconscious in battle. The Turks (Muslims) took me away with them and did what their 'Sharaah' say. Now, what should I do? Protect my 'Dharma' of 'Sikhism'. Otherwise, I will burn myself on a pyre".

"How did they do their 'Sharaah?", Guru Ji asked.

The Sikh said, "they did my 'sunnat' (circumcised), compelled me to eat the food and cut my hair".

Guru Ji said, "Did you enjoy the company of Muslim woman?"

Sikh said, "No, I was saved by you".

Guru Ji said, "Distribute the 'Karhaah Prashaad' to the Sikhs. You are a pure Sikh. Guru has saved you".

Guest dasguruka

I beg to differ on this. I would say go see 5 pyare and explain yourself. Or even Gurmukhs who do seva of 5 pyare and ask for their opinion.