New Baby - Wife Wants To Go To India

Guest ohno

Hi

A question that I hope sangat can help with.

My wife and I had a son in March of this year. My wife (who is from India) wants to go to India in Nov when our baby will be only 7.5 months. I think this is too soon to take a baby to India. I am worried about the weather and also him becoming ill through the water or from mosquitoes. I would rather go in Feb when he will be older.

I was wondering what people think? is it too soon to take a baby to india at 7 months.

Guest Indian

India is a filth, disease, pollution, rape ridden country. Unless you wanted to serve society to make it a better place, why would you want to come here? The country is full, stay away and only come here if you intend to do some good. Throwing your dollars does not count. Real grassroots work counts. What is the difference between any place. God is in all places. Enjoy your simran in your country and Godwilling God will inspire you to go to India with the aim to do good, rather than to enjoy and for your wife to satisfy her emotional attachments.

Guest Kirpa

My cousin went to India when their baby was 3 months, they went in January and during that time its cold. But the baby was doing good they brought milk and stuff from here. Now they took their baby for the second time and he is 9 months and he got diarrhoea. During this time its really hot so now they stay a lot at house with him. His mother makes his food and stuff but still in India everyone wants to pick up ur child, feed it etc. Be careful with that.

My bhabi went to India with her son when he was 8 months. She didnt had enough powder milk but couldnt get it anywhere in punjab. Nowadays u have a supermarket called More which sell a lot of foreign products.

My brothers first visit was when he only was 2-3 months and he got sick. My mom told me that the journey from Delhi to Punjab was really hard because he wasnt drinking any milk. Then they found out that the water they got from the dhaba wasnt boiled, it had a weird smell ...when he arrived at the pind he didnt like gaah da dudh. So they gave him majj da dudh. But this was like 27 years ago.

So in my family it isnt strange to take a baby to India in his first year

In november the weather is usually quite good just keep hygiene. Boil water for ur baby. I dont think mosquitos will trouble u in nov but get a special creme from the doctor. Depends on how long ur planning to stay in India...i personally think a short trip (2-3 weeks) is not bad with a baby

India is a filth, disease, pollution, rape ridden country. Unless you wanted to serve society to make it a better place, why would you want to come here? The country is full, stay away and only come here if you intend to do some good. Throwing your dollars does not count. Real grassroots work counts. What is the difference between any place. God is in all places. Enjoy your simran in your country and Godwilling God will inspire you to go to India with the aim to do good, rather than to enjoy and for your wife to satisfy her emotional attachments.

Well said

Guest The Poor stupid guy

What if the wife's parents are in india and she wants to visit them? What if your parents are in India wouldn't you want to visit them?

Hi

A question that I hope sangat can help with.

My wife and I had a son in March of this year. My wife (who is from India) wants to go to India in Nov when our baby will be only 7.5 months. I think this is too soon to take a baby to India. I am worried about the weather and also him becoming ill through the water or from mosquitoes. I would rather go in Feb when he will be older.

I was wondering what people think? is it too soon to take a baby to india at 7 months.

Veer ji,

I took my twin sons when they were eleven months for my bros wedding in March , weather was cool/ ok so that was not such a problem ... you will need to take all the milk powder , sterlising solution tablets and other feeding stuff from here as there it's unlikely you will find the same brands easily . Plus you will need filtered water for your wife and baby and then boil it. I would store the cooled boiled water in sterile bottles in fridge (an ounce or two less than normal feed) then top up with freshly boiled to make up formula . The main problems will be going and coming if there are delays make sure you take enough milk powder and sterile empty bottles and nappies in your cabin bags, get boiled water from cabin crew , if you ask they may cool them for you too. I would never travel lufthansa we ended up with 10 hour delay in berlin going and 14 hour delay in delhi and there was absolutely no support from the airline for baby food or formula.

Since your wife wants to go now in the hot season I think she will suffer more and the baby will have a rough time too as it is not used to the heat . If you can put it off a little so that the weather is cooler and your baby is a bit more sturdy. I took my daughter when she was about 10 months for an Akhand Path at Harimandir Sahib in October and she coped just fine, no illness. Good luck and I hope they have a good time when they do go... nappies are tricky size wise as over there they train babies a lot earlier than here so the sizes are to the smaller end of the baby ranges so if baby is older or chubby then take extra from here.