Need Help With Dream

Guest totoro

Guest totoro
Hello! This is my first post here. I just wanted to say first off that I started learning about and studying spirituality and reincarnation since about 2006 and in doing so, I've started studying the Sikh faith.

Studying reincarnations has helped me learn a lot about my family and our connections and it's allowed me to heal myself, personally, and evolve spiritually.

However, about a year or two ago, I had, what I feel was an important dream, and I'm stuck as what to do with the information within it or how to interpret it. I'm quite certain that it's related to Sikhism, which is why I am here asking for help.

In the dream, I start off in a vast darkness where nothing can be seen. A man comes out of the dark towards me and he's holding a bag. As he gets closer he takes the bag and throws its contents at me, as if he were throwing out the water from a pail or bucket. Of the bag flies a Burmese python (how I knew this I don't, so maybe it's important?) and I'm startled awake as I see it uncoil as it flies towards me.

I have read and I do know that you don't remember your dreams that well unless you wake up a bit or you're close to a waking state during them, so I believe that the purpose of the snake was to wake me up a bit so that I would remember what I would dream next. I'm also curious as to the meaning of the snake itself; knowledge maybe?

After I feel asleep again, I found myself at my desk at my job and I was looking down at my hand and in it, I was holding a ring of keys. At the time, I was in the middle of changing jobs within the organization I work for and I knew I would have to figure out what to do with keys, so I asked out loud "who should I give these keys to?" and a voice said to me "Why Ranjit Singh, of course." And somehow, I knew that was the right answer and I replied "of course."

I'm curious what the symbols of the snake and keys mean in Sikhism, if anything. Or if there's even a Sikhism based interpretation of the dream. I'm also curious if the number 13 or birthday's have special significance.

I'd appreciate any help you could give! Thanks! :)

Totoro New User Posts: 1 Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:38 am Location: Tampa

• 3 weeks later...