Sangat Tv Appeal

skaur8888

Drummer ji, I don't see it as "strange" - having a TV channel focusing on Sikhi is one of the most powerful ways to spread the message of our gurus and reach people better than watching mindless soaps and the rubbish on mainstream channels. having more than one channel gives more choice to people, after all could we manage with just one gurdwara?

All major Tv channels in India are either owned or funded by politicians either directly or indirectly.

Sangat Tv should approach Aam Aadmi Party Sikh MP's from Punjab for a tie-up.

They can also discuss funding with advocate H S Phoolka & journalist Jarnail Singh.

Will also suggest Sangat Tv to improve their business model by partnering with Home Shopping Tv Networks.

Let's say one local & other Indian.

Give depressed punjabi bibi's a Shopping Therapy :-)

Although I totally agree having another channel is a powerful way of getting the message across, I have to say 99.99999% of times I tune into Sikh Channel, Sangat TV and Akaal Channel all I see is old men talking, cheap adverts for just stupid things or kabbadi.

Frustrates me every time. Not the best way at all to promote Sikhi.

I think there is a need to reconsider whether three channels are really necessary. One channel should meet our needs quite well provided that it is run on the right lines. Having three channels is like having three Gurdwaras a few doors away from each other.

Having one channel not only combines the funds which are expended on three channels but also ensures that the same message is getting across to the maximum amount of Sikhs who watch this channel. The channel should then reconsider its programming as in many cases there are better youtube videos and discussions such as the ones by Sikh Siyasat, Basics of Sikhi and Rajoana TV. There should be Kirtan/Katha in Punjabi during the daytime as that is when the elderly Sikhs are more likely to watch the channel. After 6pm the programmes should switch to ones targeted to the youth and should be in English. The channel should also provide avenues for young Sikhs to be able to get experience in the media from where they can then go mainstream as we need Sikh reporters and journalists who are either sabat surat or are committed to Sikh values.

One thing I think we should be conscious of is that there is a tendency among Sikhs to complain about any small issue they have with one of these Sikh channels to blow this out of proportion and then either bad mouth the channel or cancel any direct debit they may have set up to help the channel. I don't agree with everything that Sikh channel does but if we all act like that then there will come a time when there will not be three Sikh channels but no Sikh channels and we will lose a valuable resource.

I agree that the channels are not perfect all the more reason to get involved so they can improve and cater for everyone, instead of writing them off - they're not professionals as that costs a lot of money. yes they could do with more programmes in English, younger presenters and more women, but there are some great programmes which have helped me learn more about and understand Sikhi e.g the Hukamnamma everyday which is in Punjabi and English, the questions and answers session from Derby gurdwara on sundays, the naam simran sessions, and cookery programme on Saturdays.

These channels are not run properly. Sometimes it's complete rubbish that they discuss. Same old stories. Public money wasted by non professionals.

Stop living in Utopia, no channel is free from bias & political interference.

If the channels were producing good content don't you think people would pay subscription for viewing them !

Problems with Sikhs whether it's schools or TV channels. Too many sifarishi people bought in who have no experience or expertise and they produce rubbish results. But they can't be changed because they know someone.

Only a Behmohtaz person can be Beparvah.

Big people have bigger problems.

It's better to be a Citizen Journalist, have your own YouTube channel.