Sangat Tv Appeal

skaur8888

How do islamic and Christian TV channels fund themselves? They do it through advertising not begging for donations from their viewers and community.

The only donations they ask for is when they need charity work or appeals in diaster relief or towards converting others to their faith.

Sikh channels should shut down asap if they cant fund themselves through advertising and other good business models.

Anyone who donates to any Sikh TV channel that doesnt listen to the sangats wishes and needs is a fool wasting their money.

Credibility and professionalism. Non of it. Prime time TV kabbaddi, every day kabbaddi. Kabbadi kabbadi kabbadi. Then mahan kathakaar Giani Kulwant Singh is here and his katha begins at. 11pm. Has anyone ever heard maskeens katha on any of the channels ?nope

Shut the cowboys down otherwise name them as desi TV or punjabi TV . I give 10 per month nope not anymore.

Credibility and professionalism. Non of it. Prime time TV kabbaddi, every day kabbaddi. Kabbadi kabbadi kabbadi. Then mahan kathakaar Giani Kulwant Singh is here and his katha begins at. 11pm. Has anyone ever heard maskeens katha on any of the channels ?nope

Shut the cowboys down otherwise name them as desi TV or punjabi TV . I give 10 per month nope not anymore.

Sikh channels absurd use of kaabadi on their channel and endless use of pre-recorded boring kirtans sung by fat and half a sleep people who look bored themselves to be there and can not sing to save their lives they look as inspiration as a bag of potatoes. Sikh channel management shows they have run out of idea's and clutching at straws with such stupid programmes on.

If a Sikh wanted to listen to kirtan they can go gurdwara or go to youtube or other websites and view them, the purpose of a Sikh channel should be to engage with the community to highlight issues to create solutions to keep the community entertained and interested in its programmes. All 3 channels are failing and have failed in key area's.

They need to go out of business asap unless they do a radical turn around in their thinking, they need to look at Christian and islamic channels to see how they engage with their viewers. The abrahmics are very good at selling and presenting themselves to their audience.

But, id prefer if all three channels merged into one and stuck to sikhi parchar.

There are different ways of doing parchar, of bringing Sikhs closer to Guru Granth and Guru Panth. There may be types that you don't approve of, but that doesn't mean they are not viable.

Prime time TV kabbaddi, every day kabbaddi. Kabbadi kabbadi kabbadi.

Sikh channels absurd use of kaabadi on their channel...

There is nothing wrong with Sikh Channels coverage of kabaddi. I love it, and so do many others. This is a sport that our Guru Sahib actively encouraged Sikhs to play. It is Panjab's mother sport, just as Panjabi is mother tongue. Please don't disrespect it.

endless use of pre-recorded boring kirtans sung by fat and half a sleep people who look bored themselves to be there and can not sing to save their lives they look as inspiration as a bag of potatoes.

These are programmes I can't watch, as like you said are very uninspiring. at this point I would switch ove rto another Sikh channel to find something interesting. This is why I'm gald there are alternatives to such programmes. But each to their own.

If a Sikh wanted to listen to kirtan they can go gurdwara or go to youtube or other websites and view them, the purpose of a Sikh channel should be to engage with the community to highlight issues to create solutions to keep the community entertained and interested in its programmes.

The tv channels are doing a good job doing this, I'm sure that there is still potential for improvement but as it stands they are doing a good job, in my opinion.

There is nothing wrong with Sikh Channels coverage of kabaddi. I love it, and so do many others. This is a sport that our Guru Sahib actively encouraged Sikhs to play. It is Panjab's mother sport, just as Panjabi is mother tongue. Please don't disrespect it.

I hate Sikh channels coverage of Kaabadi they put me off watching it. I did however love channel 4's coverage of it when they used to show it a few years back.

Kaabdi needs to be played on soil and sand not on grass and not in big stadiums where spectators are miles away from the action.

Also hunting and archery and gatka is also sports that Guru Ji's encouraged their Sikhs why aren't they featured?

All sports need to be covered the excessive coverage of kaabadi on Sikh channel is beyond absurd and very harmful to the viewing numbers.

Dont mind the kaabadi within reason everyday a bit to much, its the commentators that do my head in money money money !!, and also it seems other more sikhi related programmes seem to be put on later and later, as for supporting these channels not until they put the begging bowl away and our gurdwaras who have millions of pounds of sangats money sitting in their accounts doing nothing but making interest (if you dont believe me then why is their so much fierce competition when it comes to election time if their is an election at all, think about it.) support them first otherwise how many Gurdwaras, charities, channels can a working person support !!

I hate Sikh channels coverage of Kaabadi they put me off watching it. I did however love channel 4's coverage of it when they used to show it a few years back.

Well don't watch it! Enjoy some kirtan or listen to a katha vachak on another channel.

Kaabdi needs to be played on soil and sand not on grass and not in big stadiums where spectators are miles away from the action.

That is not something Sikh Channel can control. Contact the UK Kabaddi Federation, if it offends you that much.

Also hunting and archery and gatka is also sports that Guru Ji's encouraged their Sikhs why aren't they featured?

You are correct, although I can't see hunting taking off, but there are forgotten traditions within the Panth that need to be explored and resurrected. The Sikh Channels could try to do some programme where these are discussed and encouraged. But do we have people with these skills in the UK? If we do, then thats a start, let's get them on.

All sports need to be covered the excessive coverage of kaabadi on Sikh channel is beyond absurd and very harmful to the viewing numbers.

Take in the vein it is supposed to be. Kabaddi tournaments only happen for 2 or 3 months max a year.
Same as the Olympics and World Cup, neither of which interest me, but I didn't start moaning/complaining ( I mean that in a nice way) at 3 football matches a day, and hours of events.

Good news, the target has been reached. I hope some of the people who've been moaning on here get in touch with Sangat TV and suggest how they can improve. I doubt if so many people would have turned upto the 1984 march in London this year without the TV stations making us aware of it - so don't understand why people here are saying they don't do anything positive. Now they can continue their good work and seva.