Sangat Tv Appeal

skaur8888

How do islamic and Christian TV channels fund themselves? They do it through advertising not begging for donations from their viewers and community.

The only donations they ask for is when they need charity work or appeals in diaster relief or towards converting others to their faith.

Sikh channels should shut down asap if they cant fund themselves through advertising and other good business models.

Anyone who donates to any Sikh TV channel that doesnt listen to the sangats wishes and needs is a fool wasting their money.

Very good questions.

How do Islamic and Christian TV channels fund themselves? They do it through advertising not begging for donations from their viewers and community.

That's not entirely correct, Islamic channels get majority of their funding from Saudi Arabia as it's the centre of Islam.

Christianity, depending if its Catholics or Anglican, they will receive majority of their funding from Rome or Church of England

Sikh channels should shut down asap if they cant fund themselves through advertising and other good business models.

Well that’s completely up to you, they are free to air channels and are set up by charitable organisations. If you wish not to support them then you don’t have to watch them. I agree with you on this and I have stopped watching all Sikh related channels.

Anyone who donates to any Sikh TV channel that doesnt listen to the sangats wishes and needs is a fool wasting their money.

I agree, personally, I think SGPC should fund these channels.

Not quite yet - they are now appealing for Direct Debits and from tomorrow the appeal will continue as Direct Debit Fatafat it looks like they have a new target where they want continued support - so this scheduled appeal will run its allotted time until 31st August or until they change the goal posts again!

Good news, the target has been reached. I hope some of the people who've been moaning on here get in touch with Sangat TV and suggest how they can improve. I doubt if so many people would have turned upto the 1984 march in London this year without the TV stations making us aware of it - so don't understand why people here are saying they don't do anything positive. Now they can continue their good work and seva.

WJKK WJKF

please comment on your thoughts of the "matrimonial show" sangat TV. Is it gurmat?

Some valid thoughts above - i hope the admins of the sangat TV are chiming and reading these comments.

I do support al channels - however the issue or me is if one start a business - one must know what they are getting into , the issues

and costs and planning etc. - what i hate the most is they started them and now they try to persuade sangat to support them. Should that kind of planning should have been done before the channels had started so we would not have such issues of running out of mone. £160k is peanuts - how will the channel be sustained after?

I know we neeed media and i support it - but the future planning has gone a miss here clearly has it not? Where was the business risk assesment? Communication with the sangat is really bad - if that was done properly at first , gaining direct debit gurantees for years to come then it is possble we wouldt be in such a mess.

However i do wish them well and will be contributing - hope they have a a better business plan for the future.

If nothing else it's astounding how Sangat Tv has raised an amazing £125,000 in just 10 days for a £160,000 target by 31st August. They must be doing something right?

On the face of it £160,000 is a lot of money, but when you look at the Sikh population from UK,(approx 700,000) it comes down to about 20p a head. Add to this the European sangat and it goes down even more.