Eating And Nitnem

SBMSJ

I was just curious... During your nitnem is the human that you must not eat at all during any point of your nitnem, as I recently took amrit my brother who is also amrit dari told me that you must not eat during your Japji Sahib, was wondering if anyone could help me out

Thanks ;)

*hukam

doing nitnem right after consuming foods is not a good idea.

Jap, simran, nitnem...etc.. is better done 2-3 hours after eating.

I don't understand why you would want the need to eat in between or during japji sahib ??

When your surti gets properly immersed into waheguru, then the needs of physical body don't come into play.

Guest dasguruka

Atleast have Japji and Jaap Sahib done before eating if youre really hungry. Although almost everyone I know does not eat unless Nitnem and Ardas are done.

Guest curious

I was just curious... During your nitnem is the human that you must not eat at all during any point of your nitnem, as I recently took amrit my brother who is also amrit dari told me that you must not eat during your Japji Sahib, was wondering if anyone could help me out

Thanks ;)

*hukam

Try to make sense out of it all. Some eat too much and then get sleepy. Some eat and forget about doing nitnem. There are others who eat and then don't wash their face and can have food stuck in their beard.

You can eat and drink something to shake the morning slumber off. I know where you are coming from. You want to enjoy doing nitnem in the morning and not be like rest of the zombies who rip through it to start your day. Eat something small that will give you a boost of energy and help you stay awake.

Another example. Rehat says we must wash our hair everyday. Try to make sense of this rehat. In the times of Guru Gobind Singh Sahib ji the Sikhs were constantly around dirt. Their dastars would have dirt on them by the evening time and so will their clothing. Since there was no paved roads and machinery, everything had to be done by hand. Farming was the primary means to make a living. Sikhs would work with dirt everyday and would have it on them as dust blows all over the place. Even kids used to play in the dirt. There was no parks covered in mowed up-kept grass.

Today, depending where you live is almost dirt free. We walk into air conditioned offices and go home with maybe a food stain on a white shirt. Shoes you polished today will look just as polished by the end of the week. Just don't start tweaking the rehat about brushing your teeth everyday. And if you brush your teeth twice a day, you will be punished for going against rehat...........how dare you brush your teeth twice a day...........you're not a Sikh :nono: :biggrin2: