Is Kabaddi Good For Sikhi ?

WJKK WJKF

Kabbadi is good, I have never played it myself but I think it's a good thing as it's a form of exercise which would keep a sikh fit and healthy.

The caste supremacy opinions continuously dropped over the commentators mic are not in any way good for sikhi or Kabbadi, once again it's overlooked.

WJKK WJKF

Kabaddi is good for general fitness due to the training kabaddi players undertake I.e: lots of daandh and bethkay ( Indian pressups and squats), good for strengthening the legs. The other advantage was the breathing control in having to continuously repeat the word kabaddi.

Breathing exercises and control are components used in higher level martial arts.

However kabaddi is nowhere near as good as traditional Indian wrestling such as kushti and pehlwani . for Sikhs and aspiring Khalsa we should look more to the combat art forms for our sang sipahi lifestyle. Wrestling, edged weapons skills, spear, mace, swordsmanship etc. In other words jang vidiya/ shastar vidiya.

Kabaddi is good for fitness but otherwise is just a game of limited use to a Sikh..

All I want to know is that is it good for Sikhi?

This question should never be on the lips or minds of Sikhs, as Guru Amardas Ji, encouraged and organised kabaddi matches especially between children and youths, as well as wrestling.

Nothing the Guru's put time and effort into can be bad for Sikhs.

Bravo to SikhTv who gave us Kabaddi on Tv first and now the Sikh Channel who are doing an excellent job in showing uk Kabaddi tournaments every day.

Kabaddi is more than a game of strength.

• 1 month later...