Cancel White House Invitation To Pm Modi-Organizer Of 2002 Massacre Of Muslims. Ban Bjp For 1984 Attack On Golden Temple

Bhawansingh

And while we try to appease Muslims of India by protesting Modi's visit, some other "Sikhs" go to Modi begging for help.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab/chandigarh/sgpc-to-write-to-pm-over-attack-on-sikhs-in-us/article1-1250291.aspx

Terming the recent attacks onsome Sikhs in the US as "unfortunate", SGPC on Monday said it will write to the Prime Minister, urging the Centre to take up the matter with America and other foreign countries to prevent recurrence of such incidents.

"These attacks on the Sikhs, said to be hate crimes, are very unfortunate and we condemn them strongly," Avtar Singh Makkar, President of Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC), the apex religious body of the Sikhs, said today.

He said SGPC will soon write to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, asking him to take up the issue with the United States and other foreign countries to prevent recurrence of such incidents.

Days after a Sikh man was hit and dragged by a truck in New York following an argument between him and the driver who allegedly hurled racist slur at him on August 5, another Sikh man and his mother were attacked in the city on August 7 by a group of teenagers in an apparent hate crime, sparking an outrage among the community members.

"The Centre should strongly take up the matter with US government in the larger interest of the Sikhs living in the country," Makkar said.

"Such attacks have happened in the past as well. According to media reports, in this recent attack on the mother-son duo in New York, the attackers had used derogatory language against the man's mother and made fun of her hair, which needs strong condemnation," he said.

Makkar said the US government should curb such attacks on innocent Sikhs with an iron fist and severely punish those found guilty.

And while we try to appease Muslims of India by protesting Modi's visit, some other "Sikhs" go to Modi begging for help.

http://www.hindustantimes.com/punjab/chandigarh/sgpc-to-write-to-pm-over-attack-on-sikhs-in-us/article1-1250291.aspx

Terming the recent attacks onsome Sikhs in the US as "unfortunate", SGPC on Monday said it will write to the Prime Minister, urging the Centre to take up the matter with America and other foreign countries to prevent recurrence of such incidents.

"These attacks on the Sikhs, said to be hate crimes, are very unfortunate and we condemn them strongly," Avtar Singh Makkar, President of Shiromani Gurdwara Prabandhak Committee (SGPC), the apex religious body of the Sikhs, said today.

He said SGPC will soon write to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, asking him to take up the issue with the United States and other foreign countries to prevent recurrence of such incidents.

Days after a Sikh man was hit and dragged by a truck in New York following an argument between him and the driver who allegedly hurled racist slur at him on August 5, another Sikh man and his mother were attacked in the city on August 7 by a group of teenagers in an apparent hate crime, sparking an outrage among the community members.

"The Centre should strongly take up the matter with US government in the larger interest of the Sikhs living in the country," Makkar said.

"Such attacks have happened in the past as well. According to media reports, in this recent attack on the mother-son duo in New York, the attackers had used derogatory language against the man's mother and made fun of her hair, which needs strong condemnation," he said.

Makkar said the US government should curb such attacks on innocent Sikhs with an iron fist and severely punish those found guilty.

It might as well fire back on Makkar because has the center done anything for the victims of the '84 riots, Operation Bluestar and otherwise? Why now should it get involved in Sikh affairs unless there is a political gain for it by confronting America? The most we can expect is another flag burning emulating the post-Wisconsin period.

And we want them to leave us alone. They do not just a bad but worst job at representing Sikhs, Maachis was the sole exception.

Why does it sound so irritating? Now you know how others feel like when you attach the word "terrorism" right after their religious identity, i.e. Muslim and/or Sikh.

Pakistan Army never attacked any holy place of the Sikhs. Pakistani crowds never carried out a pre-planned ethnic genocide of Sikhs killing 1 Sikh per minute for 3 days non-stop. The killers of Sikhs in Pakistan are terrorists, not politicians, cops and soldiers.

I will like to add to your list civilians as well.

And we want them to leave us alone. They do not just a bad but worst job at representing Sikhs, Maachis was the sole exception.

Why does it sound so irritating? Now you know how others feel like when you attach the word "terrorism" right after their religious identity, i.e. Muslim and/or Sikh.

Pakistan Army never attacked any holy place of the Sikhs. Pakistani crowds never carried out a pre-planned ethnic genocide of Sikhs killing 1 Sikh per minute for 3 days non-stop. The killers of Sikhs in Pakistan are terrorists, not politicians, cops and soldiers.

Very well said veer jio!!

Terrorists are doing attacks and killing in Pakistan.

As like elsewhere, however, there can be some political and police norm to it.

There is a potential threat to our freedom, our safety and our existence in certain parts of the world.

We need to get together as Panth, stand on a platform and seek sharan of Sri Guru Granth Sahib ji. Restore our lost Khalsa power by doing Path and Naam Simran, Individually and collectively!

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

You want to blame all Hindus for 1984 riots.

Not all hindu's, only those that attacked, killed and watched the slaughter of innocent Sikhs.

Indira Gandhi was killed by Sikhs for organizing and approving Sikh genocide in 1984. Sikhs did not blame the hindu community for the actions of one individual.

However, the hindu community blamed ALL Sikhs (without discrimination) for the death of Indira Gandhi and conducted the 2nd Sikh genocide of 1984.

Sikhs have never had justice. Ask yourself why? is it because the same establishment is still in place?

All those thousands of Sikhs that were raped and slaughtered, they were our brothers and sisters, sons and daughters, what crimes did they commit? where is the evidence against them?

Mehtab Singh, There is no need for Pakistani army to carry out any attacks, the terrorist organisation within Pakistan are the government. As we have heard, Pakistani government have signed peace treaty with the Taliban or they are in negotiation in doing so . Now, if I'm not wrong aren't Taliban a terrorist organisation? Taliban like ISIS are an Islamic fundamentalist organisation, they want and will have the same role in Pakistan as Saudi Arabia, religious police. To keep the peace and to maintain power, the Pakistani government will allow the Taliban to have this role.

As for India, we know the country is crumbling in its own issues. Instead of dealing with these issues the Indian Government of the past have brushed them under the carpet. But how much rubbish can you brush under the carpet till the pile is visible. This is the current state of India. India has a newly elected prime minister (Modi). Should we not give this man a chance to tackle this pile?

India has a newly elected prime minister (Modi). Should we not give this man a chance to tackle this pile?

That is an opinion many people have and thats ok. But keeping in mind his track record I would think 100 times before "giving him a chance".

You guys might hate me for saying this, but I'll still say it. Every now and then we have someone or the other saying that Nehru cheated the Sikhs, then they name some other politician who cheated the Sikhs, and then another, and then another. We just keep naming one person after the other who we claim "cheated the Sikhs". Sorry for being honest, but do you guys realize what it makes us look like? If we are being cheated repeatedly for 67 years, then its not something wrong with those who wish to destroy us (they are doing their job quite well), its only us to blame.

And having said that, I do not wish to continue to be cheated and so will not take another risk by putting my trust in someone like Modi.

Bhul chuk maaf

That is an opinion many people have and thats ok. But keeping in mind his track record I would think 100 times before "giving him a chance".

You guys might hate me for saying this, but I'll still say it. Every now and then we have someone or the other saying that Nehru cheated the Sikhs, then they name some other politician who cheated the Sikhs, and then another, and then another. We just keep naming one person after the other who we claim "cheated the Sikhs". Sorry for being honest, but do you guys realize what it makes us look like? If we are being cheated repeatedly for 67 years, then its not something wrong with those who wish to destroy us (they are doing their job quite well), its only us to blame.

And having said that, I do not wish to continue to be cheated and so will not take another risk by putting my trust in someone like Modi.

Bhul chuk maaf

We can look at your point in another way and a question arises. Are Sikhs actually being cheated by the Indian leaders of the past and present?

Mehtab SIngh, 67 years !!! Has it not hit home with the Sikhs that the issues may be internal.