Hippy Snatam Kaur Doesn't Even Wear A Kara

singh598

So how come you are calling them 'White' Sikhs? why the distinction? Did Guru Ji make any distinctions? Did He not have a sevek in Bhai Mardana and Bhai Balla?

Because thats how everyone refers to them and they see themselves as separate from the mainstream orthodox Sikhs and Sikhism. They are hippy new age types and not firm and strong against idol worship, fire worship and other anti-sikh activities.

Let me ask you a question since you defending them so you must be part of them. Where did any of our Guru's part take in idol worship or fire worship or say its ok for Sikhs to join in with muslim or hindu practices that they saw was wrong and taking people away from worship of the one creator. Our Guru's spoke out against those elites those priestly classes in power making profit from gullible adherents. Eg giving people "special charms" or other nonsense saying that would bring them good luck... Our Guru's were realists were modern thinkers...were there to free humanity from superstitious backward nonsense that kept people enslaved in the system.

Actually they do not call themselves 'White' Sikhs at all, only Sikhs. It is us dark Sikhs who make the distinction and separate them off, is it a wonder with so much hate spewing from so called 'True' Sikhs that they keep themselves to themselves.

So I have said a few things . . . . . . so I must be part of them, really ??? It is this kind of people that drive many away from Sikhi. Anything can be done with love and piyar but we seem to have this rough streak. I have nothing to do with them but to me they are far more preferable to the so called 'True' Sikhs who fight in the gurdwras, cheat and back stab but wear the bana and promote themselves as he custodians of the rehat.

Take a look at the Punjabi papers they are full of adverts for black charms, directed towards us Sikhs, and who goes to them? We do. our bibia and men, the same who go to the gurdwaras week in week out. We are so entrenched in jaap/paat. is this what the Gurus promoted? We drink ourselves to an early grave, did the Gurus promote this? Many eat meat, we cant even agree on this. There are fights in the Gurdwaras then the sangats money is used to fight through the courts, yet we throw vitriol at these groups because they are a little different from them. If they have differing practices then engage with them and iron them out. But that is too much like hard work, rather sit behind a keyboard and pass them off as hippies. If they engage in fire worship or idol worship then this is obviously wrong but there is a lot of mischief making by people with hidden agendas and we are so gullible we will jump on the bandwagon and do much nindhya.

3HO Sikhs are on facebook/twitter they have email addresses have you engaged with them? opened a dialogue? asked questions?

A few years ago the leader of a large number of Dalits numbering in there thousands wanted to convert them to Sikhi, our leadership totally failed to accept them, they went to the Buddha path. Harbhajan Singh saw a lot of people in America who were looking for spirituality and brought them into the fold through yoga, good for him. How many have we brought into the fold?

Actually they do not call themselves 'White' Sikhs at all, only Sikhs. It is us dark Sikhs who make the distinction and separate them off, is it a wonder with so much hate spewing from so called 'True' Sikhs that they keep themselves to themselves.

So I have said a few things . . . . . . so I must be part of them, really ??? It is this kind of people that drive many away from Sikhi. Anything can be done with love and piyar but we seem to have this rough streak. I have nothing to do with them but to me they are far more preferable to the so called 'True' Sikhs who fight in the gurdwras, cheat and back stab but wear the bana and promote themselves as he custodians of the rehat.

Take a look at the Punjabi papers they are full of adverts for black charms, directed towards us Sikhs, and who goes to them? We do. our bibia and men, the same who go to the gurdwaras week in week out. We are so entrenched in jaap/paat. is this what the Gurus promoted? We drink ourselves to an early grave, did the Gurus promote this? Many eat meat, we cant even agree on this. There are fights in the Gurdwaras then the sangats money is used to fight through the courts, yet we throw vitriol at these groups because they are a little different from them. If they have differing practices then engage with them and iron them out. But that is too much like hard work, rather sit behind a keyboard and pass them off as hippies. If they engage in fire worship or idol worship then this is obviously wrong but there is a lot of mischief making by people with hidden agendas and we are so gullible we will jump on the bandwagon and do much nindhya.

3HO Sikhs are on facebook/twitter they have email addresses have you engaged with them? opened a dialogue? asked questions?

A few years ago the leader of a large number of Dalits numbering in there thousands wanted to convert them to Sikhi, our leadership totally failed to accept them, they went to the Buddha path. Harbhajan Singh saw a lot of people in America who were looking for spirituality and brought them into the fold through yoga, good for him. How many have we brought into the fold?

Everyone knows the corruption of so called punjabi Sikhs. That is a given, what is especially disappointing is that most white westerners who embraced Sikhi are not following Sikhi but some hybrid form of it. We had American white Sikhs like gursant singh who himself is vocally against 3HO type Sikhs and those of SikNet for their corrupt practises. We had french white Sikh who embraced Sikhi now living in amritsar wondering where the Sikhs have gone because they are being corrupted by westernised lifestyles, maya, by hindunisation by the indian majority community and other anti-sikh practises.

And the reason why people pick up on "white Sikhs" is because we have high hopes for them we look up to them for having those spiritual sikhi qualities that we want in indian subcontinent Sikhs without all the cultural baggage that isnt part of Sikhi. And when we see the "white Sikh" community member's indulges in anti-sikh activities we are disheartened and think they are just as corrupt as the majority who are not living up to GurSikh path.

We can see how parkesh singh badal a so called punjabi sikh leader who calls himself faqr-e-kaum indulge in hindu fire worship and other festivals that blur the lines between sikhi and hinduism.

Danger of assimilation for the Sikh community is very real as we only make up 2% of Hindu majority India. This is why Sikhs need to be strict need to disctinct from joining in with other peoples religious festivals otherwise before we know it our fate will be like the yazidi's, paris / Zoroastrians and others who are now nearly in the pages of history.

I share your concerns and your fears but we must not let this turn into prejudice or intolerance. See Him in all for He is within all.

See the muslim walking down the street who regards you as a kaffir? He is within him.

See the Jehovah's witness who is looking down on you thinking you are following a false religion, He is within him.

See the hindu who turns his nose up at you, He is also within him.

Never lose the fact that everything is in His hukam.

Khalsa was created by Akaap Purkh saroop Guru Gobind Singh Ji. No matter what hardships we have to go through we will always come through stronger.

just googled snatam kaur images and found many pictures of her wearing a kara , but agreed she is not wearing one in op's video dont know why ? maybe she considers the bracelet she is wearing as a substitute.

we should not judge her for this, far greater mistakes/ beadbi's have been done by so called " true/born/brown/punjabi etc etc sikhs.