Girls Views On Guys With Turbans

VeerSingh87

But I never Thought Going on Honeymoon is a Sikh Culture not a western Culture.. :D Just wondering Nvm Cough cough..

I called it that but we did backpacking around New zealand that doesn't sound the same type of thing ...flying over glaciers, jumping down volcanic craters on scree runs, watching sperm whales, visiting maori villages, swimming hot springs , hiking up mountain valleys ...it was great saw ANCHOR dairies there right next to Gurudwara Sahib ...reported back to folks made my Mum's day cos that was the brand we used at home all through the years.

My bestie was also amritdhari and her poor husband took her to the lake district for that special holiday ...she was back the next day in Gravesend ...I don't do holidays was her contention...I hope he got a refund ...thankfully they are still going strong.

I called it that but we did backpacking around New zealand that doesn't sound the same type of thing ...flying over glaciers, jumping down volcanic craters on scree runs, watching sperm whales, visiting maori villages, swimming hot springs , hiking up mountain valleys ...it was great saw ANCHOR dairies there right next to Gurudwara Sahib ...reported back to folks made my Mum's day cos that was the brand we used at home all through the years.

My bestie was also amritdhari and her poor husband took her to the lake district for that special holiday ...she was back the next day in Gravesend ...I don't do holidays was her contention...I hope he got a refund ...thankfully they are still going strong.

okay whatever you say might be true .. Actually I have problem to catch the hypocrisy of people bcz I was also hypocrite in past.. SO i can smell it quickly...

• 2 weeks later...

I have the opposite problem. I am a sikh girl who does not remove kesh anywhere - no eyebrow, arms, legs and I cannot find a sikh boy who will accept that. All the sikh turban boys with beards want a girl who shaves.

I have the opposite problem. I am a sikh girl who does not remove kesh anywhere - no eyebrow, arms, legs and I cannot find a sikh boy who will accept that. All the sikh turban boys with beards want a girl who shaves.

I apologize for all the men who treated you that way. There can be hypocrites that dress-up like us.

I apologize for all the men who treated you that way. There can be hypocrites that dress-up like us.

You don't need to apologise. The truth is that all humans - men and women grow hair. Our hair starts growing more at a certain stage in our life to mark the change from child to adult. Hair used to be a sign of responsibility and believe it or not but our hair is our unique fingerprint. If you study your hair carefully it forms patterns but this pattern, just like your fingerprint, is not the same as anyone else's hair pattern. If you study history - hair became socially unacceptable around the time companies like Gillette were formed. Prior to this women had body hair and men kept beards freely. Advertising has strongly advocated hair to be dirty and the words like clean-shaven implies this. Factually, shaving causes more harm than good - cuts, infections, ingrown hairs and now with the rise of the adult entertainment industry - more parts of the body have became socially unacceptable to grow hair and, again, people are brainwashed into accepting this.

I am very content with my kesh. I wake up happy and I feel proud that I am one of the few people on this planet who is completely and totally happy to be in my natural human form. I cannot describe the freedom that I have. It is liberating to not have to conform to the false beliefs and practices of society by plucking, shaving, waxing, threading, bleaching. Hair should not be such a big issue because the fact is - all humans have it, hair is normal, why hate it and find it abnormal?

Most of us in the west pride ourselves on our autonomy, our independence, the ability to make up our own mind, to be free, to be able to make rational decisions based on evidence and fact. The fact is that all humans have hair yet humans find it abnormal to see another human with hair. Are we following fact, are we being rational, are we thinking independently when we decide hair is not normal.

I am very content with my natural human form - I feel lucky to have been exposed to the sikh concept of naturality because otherwise I would have never known the truth and I would have spent my whole life never truly accepting my body hair. Its great to know the truth and to be able to embrace it.

You don't need to apologise. The truth is that all humans - men and women grow hair. Our hair starts growing more at a certain stage in our life to mark the change from child to adult. Hair used to be a sign of responsibility and believe it or not but our hair is our unique fingerprint. If you study your hair carefully it forms patterns but this pattern, just like your fingerprint, is not the same as anyone else's hair pattern. If you study history - hair became socially unacceptable around the time companies like Gillette were formed. Prior to this women had body hair and men kept beards freely. Advertising has strongly advocated hair to be dirty and the words like clean-shaven implies this. Factually, shaving causes more harm than good - cuts, infections, ingrown hairs and now with the rise of the adult entertainment industry - more parts of the body have became socially unacceptable to grow hair and, again, people are brainwashed into accepting this.

I am very content with my kesh. I wake up happy and I feel proud that I am one of the few people on this planet who is completely and totally happy to be in my natural human form. I cannot describe the freedom that I have. It is liberating to not have to conform to the false beliefs and practices of society by plucking, shaving, waxing, threading, bleaching. Hair should not be such a big issue because the fact is - all humans have it, hair is normal, why hate it and find it abnormal?

Most of us in the west pride ourselves on our autonomy, our independence, the ability to make up our own mind, to be free, to be able to make rational decisions based on evidence and fact. The fact is that all humans have hair yet humans find it abnormal to see another human with hair. Are we following fact, are we being rational, are we thinking independently when we decide hair is not normal.

I am very content with my natural human form - I feel lucky to have been exposed to the sikh concept of naturality because otherwise I would have never known the truth and I would have spent my whole life never truly accepting my body hair. Its great to know the truth and to be able to embrace it.

I was referring to how people treated you.

I was referring to how people treated you.

Thanks. You still don't need to apologise. I am not upset about it but I do think it's important that we recognise that most Sikh boys with a turban and beard are not interested in a Sikh girl who keeps her hair. You would think that sikh boys would want someone who was into the same idea of naturalness as them but instead they have issues with girls having hair. I find this sad because out of all the people on the planet Sikhs are the ones that are taught about hair and so should know that hair is natural both on a man and a women.

There are other things that bother me about Sikh boys - they treat a hair keeping Sikh girl with less respect. When I meet sikh turban wearing boys - there is an assumption that I don't know anything else about the world.

I am the most highly educated person you will meet on this planet - I attended the top school in the UK, and the top university in the UK, and have a top paying job. When I walk into a room I get treated inferiorly by Sikhs as there is a negative attitude within our own community Sikh boys towards hair keeping girls.