How Can I Get Back To That Moment!

I took amrit a while before and my life from then has just changed dramatically (for the best)!

I became very peaceful, relaxed and happy with whatever Waheguru ji did.

The main thing that brought me happiness was that I finally accepted that all my family and friends will eventually fade away and that only wahgeuru ji will be left by my side. It made me so happy and I just felt like I can deal with any problem or sorrow just by remembering this, it even helped me concentrate when I did my nitnem etc.

However after having a few family events I feel like i'm getting sucked back into this black hole of maya again, I have very tight connections with my family and a lot of them share their problems with me, although I know its good if I can be of use to someone but I feel like my mind has began going back to its old ways...obviously when people begin sharing their problems along comes nindeya, I remember hearing in the katha its just as bad to listen to nindeya as well as do it so this makes me feel so depressed and annoyed...

My minds begun to wonder again and think unnecessarily an its taking away all my peace.

I can't concentrate as well as I could.

I know I can't find TRUE happiness in my family and relatives but sometimes I find myself in situations where I'm doing my nitnem but thinking of a upcoming get together or something else...

This has begun roughly about 2 weeks ago and I feel like it's only going to get worse! :(

basically I just miss my good days with waheguru ji and I want to get back to that moment where I was peaceful!!

I've been trying to find inspirational quotes from Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji such as -

-Mohi Niragun Anathh Saranee Aeia ||

I am unworthy and without any master; I seek Your Sanctuary, Lord.

-Jinaa Saas Giraas N Visarai Sae Poorae Purakh Paradhhaan ||

Those who do not forget the Lord, with each and every breath and morsel of food, are the perfect and famous persons.

can anyone help please!?!

Your help will be appreciated- thank you!

The problem is we think it is easy to connect with / find Waheguru ji , and when we get comfortable and start thinking our life is good, nitnem etc is going well then bang ! it starts to go wrong well thats his way of saying you think its easy hey , well its not !!

its a test waheguru ji is not easy to connect with after all he is the supreme being Akaal purkh ji. thats what i think, ardas nitnem etc is the answer keep going never give up beg for his mercy etc.

simple, follow gurmat, stop manmat heed to guru

Only if it was that easy and simple :(

The problem is we think it is easy to connect with / find Waheguru ji , and when we get comfortable and start thinking our life is good, nitnem etc is going well then bang ! it starts to go wrong well thats his way of saying you think its easy hey , well its not !!

its a test waheguru ji is not easy to connect with after all he is the supreme being Akaal purkh ji. thats what i think, ardas nitnem etc is the answer keep going never give up beg for his mercy etc.

I know that's exactly how I feel, everything was perfect and I was so happy with myself and felt so strong......maybe this is waheguru ji making sure I don't get into haumai because after all whatever maharaj ji does is always for the best :)

yup all we can do is beg without kirpa there's nothing, hence i'm trying to find as many quotes from GGSJ......

I took amrit a while before and my life from then has just changed dramatically (for the best)!

I became very peaceful, relaxed and happy with whatever Waheguru ji did.

The main thing that brought me happiness was that I finally accepted that all my family and friends will eventually fade away and that only wahgeuru ji will be left by my side. It made me so happy and I just felt like I can deal with any problem or sorrow just by remembering this, it even helped me concentrate when I did my nitnem etc.

However after having a few family events I feel like i'm getting sucked back into this black hole of maya again, I have very tight connections with my family and a lot of them share their problems with me, although I know its good if I can be of use to someone but I feel like my mind has began going back to its old ways...obviously when people begin sharing their problems along comes nindeya, I remember hearing in the katha its just as bad to listen to nindeya as well as do it so this makes me feel so depressed and annoyed...

My minds begun to wonder again and think unnecessarily an its taking away all my peace.

I can't concentrate as well as I could.

I know I can't find TRUE happiness in my family and relatives but sometimes I find myself in situations where I'm doing my nitnem but thinking of a upcoming get together or something else...

This has begun roughly about 2 weeks ago and I feel like it's only going to get worse! :(

basically I just miss my good days with waheguru ji and I want to get back to that moment where I was peaceful!!

I've been trying to find inspirational quotes from Shri Guru Granth Sahib Ji such as -

-Mohi Niragun Anathh Saranee Aeia ||

I am unworthy and without any master; I seek Your Sanctuary, Lord.

-Jinaa Saas Giraas N Visarai Sae Poorae Purakh Paradhhaan ||

Those who do not forget the Lord, with each and every breath and morsel of food, are the perfect and famous persons.

can anyone help please!?!

Your help will be appreciated- thank you!

This Shabad is perfect solution to your problem

ਜੈਤਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੩

जैतसरी महला ५ घरु ३

Jaiṯsarī mėhlā 5 gẖar 3

Jaitsri 5th Guru.

xxx

ਰਾਗ ਜੈਤਸਰੀ, ਘਰ ੩ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ।

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥

Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

There is but One God. By True Guru's grace is He obtained.

xxx

ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਇੱਕ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਕੋਈ ਜਾਨੈ ਕਵਨੁ ਈਹਾ ਜਗਿ ਮੀਤੁ ॥

कोई जानै कवनु ईहा जगि मीतु ॥

Ko▫ī jānai kavan īhā jag mīṯ.

Does any one know, who is the friend in this world?

ਕੋਈ = ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ। ਈਹਾ ਜਗਿ = ਇਥੇ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ (ਕਿ) ਇਥੇ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ (ਅਸਲੀ) ਮਿੱਤਰ ਕੌਣ ਹੈ।

ਜਿਸੁ ਹੋਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਸੋਈ ਬਿਧਿ ਬੂਝੈ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਰੀਤਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

जिसु होइ क्रिपालु सोई बिधि बूझै ता की निरमल रीति ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Jis ho▫e kirpāl so▫ī biḏẖ būjẖai ṯā kī nirmal rīṯ. ||1|| rahā▫o.

He, to whom the Lord is merciful, he alone understands this mystery. Immaculate is his mode of life. Pause.

ਸੋਈ = ਉਹੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ। ਬਿਧਿ = ਜੁਗਤਿ। ਤਾ ਕੀ = ਉਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੀ। ਰੀਤਿ = ਜੀਵਨ-ਜੁਗਤਿ ॥੧॥

ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਉੱਤੇ (ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ) ਦਇਆਵਾਨ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ, (ਫਿਰ) ਉਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੀ ਜੀਵਨਿ-ਜੁਗਤਿ ਪਵਿੱਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ॥

ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਬਨਿਤਾ ਸੁਤ ਬੰਧਪ ਇਸਟ ਮੀਤ ਅਰੁ ਭਾਈ ॥

मात पिता बनिता सुत बंधप इसट मीत अरु भाई ॥

Māṯ piṯā baniṯā suṯ banḏẖap isat mīṯ ar bẖā▫ī.

Mother, father, wife, sons, relations, lovers, friends, and brothers,

ਬਨਿਤਾ = ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ। ਸੁਤ = ਪੁੱਤਰ। ਬੰਧਪ = ਰਿਸ਼ਤੇਦਾਰ। ਇਸਟ = ਪਿਆਰੇ, ਇਸ਼ਟ। ਅਰੁ = ਅਤੇ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਮਾਂ ਪਿਉ, ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ, ਪੁੱਤਰ, ਰਿਸ਼ਤੇਦਾਰ, ਪਿਆਰੇ ਮਿੱਤਰ ਅਤੇ ਭਰਾ-

ਪੂਰਬ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਮਿਲੇ ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਅੰਤਹਿ ਕੋ ਨ ਸਹਾਈ ॥੧॥

पूरब जनम के मिले संजोगी अंतहि को न सहाई ॥१॥

Pūrab janam ke mile sanjogī anṯėh ko na sahā▫ī. ||1||

meet because of association of the previous births, but in the end, none of them extends a helping hand.

ਪੂਰਬ = ਪਹਿਲੇ। ਸੰਜੋਗੀ = ਸੰਜੋਗਾਂ ਨਾਲ। ਅੰਤਹਿ = ਅਖ਼ੀਰ ਵੇਲੇ। ਕੋ = ਕੋਈ ਭੀ। ਸਹਾਈ = ਸਾਥੀ ॥੧॥

ਇਹ ਸਾਰੇ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਜਨਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਸੰਜੋਗਾਂ ਕਰਕੇ (ਇਥੇ) ਮਿਲ ਪਏ ਹਨ। ਅਖ਼ੀਰ ਵੇਲੇ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਸਾਥੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਦਾ ॥੧॥

ਮੁਕਤਿ ਮਾਲ ਕਨਿਕ ਲਾਲ ਹੀਰਾ ਮਨ ਰੰਜਨ ਕੀ ਮਾਇਆ ॥

मुकति माल कनिक लाल हीरा मन रंजन की माइआ ॥

Mukaṯ māl kanik lāl hīrā man ranjan kī mā▫i▫ā.

Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds are the illusory riches, which please not mind.

ਮੁਕਤਿ = {मौक्‍तक} ਮੋਤੀ। ਕਨਿਕ = ਸੋਨਾ। ਮਨ ਰੰਜਨ ਕੀ = ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਸ਼ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਮੋਤੀਆਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਲਾ, ਸੋਨਾ, ਲਾਲ, ਹੀਰੇ, ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਸ਼ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ ਮਾਇਆ-

ਹਾ ਹਾ ਕਰਤ ਬਿਹਾਨੀ ਅਵਧਹਿ ਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥

हा हा करत बिहानी अवधहि ता महि संतोखु न पाइआ ॥२॥

Hā hā karaṯ bihānī avḏẖahi ṯā mėh sanṯokẖ na pā▫i▫ā. ||2||

To gather them man's life passes in agony, yet, in them he obtains not contentment.

ਬਿਹਾਨੀ = ਬੀਤ ਗਈ। ਅਵਧਹਿ = ਉਮਰ। ਤਾ ਮਹਿ = ਇਹਨਾਂ ਪਦਾਰਥਾਂ ਵਿਚ। ਸੰਤੋਖੁ = ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ, ਰੱਜ ॥੨॥

ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ (ਲੱਗਿਆਂ) ਸਾਰੀ ਉਮਰ 'ਹਾਇ, ਹਾਇ' ਕਰਦਿਆਂ ਗੁਜ਼ਰ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ, ਮਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਜਦਾ ॥੨॥

ਹਸਤਿ ਰਥ ਅਸ੍ਵ ਪਵਨ ਤੇਜ ਧਣੀ ਭੂਮਨ ਚਤੁਰਾਂਗਾ ॥

हसति रथ अस्व पवन तेज धणी भूमन चतुरांगा ॥

Hasaṯ rath asav pavan ṯej ḏẖaṇī bẖūman cẖaṯurāʼngā.

Elephants, chariots, horses swift like the wind, wealth, lands and four Kings, of armies,

ਹਸਤਿ = ਹਾਥੀ। ਅਸ੍ਵ = ਘੋੜੇ। ਪਵਨ ਤੇਜ = ਹਵਾ ਦੇ ਵੇਗ ਵਾਲੇ। ਧਣੀ = ਧਨ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ। ਭੂਮਨ = ਜ਼ਿਮੀ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ। ਚਤੁਰਾਂਗਾ = ਚਾਰ ਅੰਗਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਫ਼ੌਜ: ਹਾਥੀ, ਰਥ, ਘੋੜੇ, ਪੈਦਲ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਹਾਥੀ, ਰਥ, ਹਵਾ ਦੇ ਵੇਗ ਵਰਗੇ ਘੋੜੇ (ਹੋਣ), ਧਨਾਢ ਹੋਵੇ, ਜ਼ਿਮੀ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ ਹੋਵੇ, ਚਾਰ ਕਿਸਮ ਦੀ ਫ਼ੌਜ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ ਹੋਵੇ-

ਸੰਗਿ ਨ ਚਾਲਿਓ ਇਨ ਮਹਿ ਕਛੂਐ ਊਠਿ ਸਿਧਾਇਓ ਨਾਂਗਾ ॥੩॥

संगि न चालिओ इन महि कछूऐ ऊठि सिधाइओ नांगा ॥३॥

Sang na cẖāli▫o in mėh kacẖẖū▫ai ūṯẖ siḏẖā▫i▫o nāʼngā. ||3||

nothing of these goes with the man and he gets up and departs all naked.

ਸੰਗਿ = ਨਾਲ। ਕਛੂਐ = ਕੁਝ ਭੀ। ਸਿਧਾਇਓ = ਤੁਰ ਪਿਆ ॥੩॥

ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ (ਭੀ) ਕੋਈ ਚੀਜ਼ ਭੀ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਂਦੀ, (ਇਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਇਥੋਂ) ਨੰਗਾ ਹੀ ਉੱਠ ਕੇ ਤੁਰ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ॥੩॥

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸੰਤ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਤਾ ਕੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਈਐ ॥

हरि के संत प्रिअ प्रीतम प्रभ के ता कै हरि हरि गाईऐ ॥

Har ke sanṯ pari▫a parīṯam parabẖ ke ṯā kai har har gā▫ī▫ai.

God's saints are the dear beloved of the Lord. In their company, sing Thou the Lord God's praise.

ਪ੍ਰਿਅ = ਪਿਆਰੇ। ਤਾ ਕੈ = ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ। ਗਾਈਐ = ਗਾਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਸੰਤ ਜਨ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਕਰਨੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ।

ਨਾਨਕ ਈਹਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਆਗੈ ਮੁਖ ਊਜਲ ਸੰਗਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ਪਾਈਐ ॥੪॥੧॥

नानक ईहा सुखु आगै मुख ऊजल संगि संतन कै पाईऐ ॥४॥१॥

Nānak īhā sukẖ āgai mukẖ ūjal sang sanṯan kai pā▫ī▫ai. ||4||1||

Nanak, in the society of such saints, the mortal gathers peace here and his face becomes bright hereafter.

ਈਹਾ = ਇਸ ਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ। ਆਗੈ = ਪਰਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ। ਊਜਲ = ਰੌਸ਼ਨ। ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ = ਦੇ ਨਾਲ, ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ॥੪॥੧॥

ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! (ਅਜਿਹਾ ਕਰਨ ਨਾਲ) ਇਸ ਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਖ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ, ਪਰਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਰਖ਼-ਰੂ ਹੋ ਜਾਈਦਾ ਹੈ। (ਪਰ ਇਹ ਦਾਤਿ) ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ ॥੪॥੧॥

Source - http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=700&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=2&p=0&k=1&fb=0

This Shabad is perfect solution to your problem

ਜੈਤਸਰੀ ਮਹਲਾ ੫ ਘਰੁ ੩

जैतसरी महला ५ घरु ३

Jaiṯsarī mėhlā 5 gẖar 3

Jaitsri 5th Guru.

xxx

ਰਾਗ ਜੈਤਸਰੀ, ਘਰ ੩ ਵਿੱਚ ਗੁਰੂ ਅਰਜਨਦੇਵ ਜੀ ਦੀ ਬਾਣੀ।

ੴ ਸਤਿਗੁਰ ਪ੍ਰਸਾਦਿ ॥

ੴ सतिगुर प्रसादि ॥

Ik▫oaʼnkār saṯgur parsāḏ.

There is but One God. By True Guru's grace is He obtained.

xxx

ਅਕਾਲ ਪੁਰਖ ਇੱਕ ਹੈ ਅਤੇ ਸਤਿਗੁਰੂ ਦੀ ਕਿਰਪਾ ਨਾਲ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਕੋਈ ਜਾਨੈ ਕਵਨੁ ਈਹਾ ਜਗਿ ਮੀਤੁ ॥

कोई जानै कवनु ईहा जगि मीतु ॥

Ko▫ī jānai kavan īhā jag mīṯ.

Does any one know, who is the friend in this world?

ਕੋਈ = ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ। ਈਹਾ ਜਗਿ = ਇਥੇ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਕੋਈ ਵਿਰਲਾ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਜਾਣਦਾ ਹੈ (ਕਿ) ਇਥੇ ਜਗਤ ਵਿਚ (ਅਸਲੀ) ਮਿੱਤਰ ਕੌਣ ਹੈ।

ਜਿਸੁ ਹੋਇ ਕ੍ਰਿਪਾਲੁ ਸੋਈ ਬਿਧਿ ਬੂਝੈ ਤਾ ਕੀ ਨਿਰਮਲ ਰੀਤਿ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ ॥

जिसु होइ क्रिपालु सोई बिधि बूझै ता की निरमल रीति ॥१॥ रहाउ ॥

Jis ho▫e kirpāl so▫ī biḏẖ būjẖai ṯā kī nirmal rīṯ. ||1|| rahā▫o.

He, to whom the Lord is merciful, he alone understands this mystery. Immaculate is his mode of life. Pause.

ਸੋਈ = ਉਹੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ। ਬਿਧਿ = ਜੁਗਤਿ। ਤਾ ਕੀ = ਉਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੀ। ਰੀਤਿ = ਜੀਵਨ-ਜੁਗਤਿ ॥੧॥

ਜਿਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਉੱਤੇ (ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ) ਦਇਆਵਾਨ ਹੁੰਦਾ ਹੈ, ਉਹੀ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਇਸ ਗੱਲ ਨੂੰ ਸਮਝਦਾ ਹੈ, (ਫਿਰ) ਉਸ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਦੀ ਜੀਵਨਿ-ਜੁਗਤਿ ਪਵਿੱਤ੍ਰ ਹੋ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ ॥੧॥ ਰਹਾਉ॥

ਮਾਤ ਪਿਤਾ ਬਨਿਤਾ ਸੁਤ ਬੰਧਪ ਇਸਟ ਮੀਤ ਅਰੁ ਭਾਈ ॥

मात पिता बनिता सुत बंधप इसट मीत अरु भाई ॥

Māṯ piṯā baniṯā suṯ banḏẖap isat mīṯ ar bẖā▫ī.

Mother, father, wife, sons, relations, lovers, friends, and brothers,

ਬਨਿਤਾ = ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ। ਸੁਤ = ਪੁੱਤਰ। ਬੰਧਪ = ਰਿਸ਼ਤੇਦਾਰ। ਇਸਟ = ਪਿਆਰੇ, ਇਸ਼ਟ। ਅਰੁ = ਅਤੇ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਮਾਂ ਪਿਉ, ਇਸਤ੍ਰੀ, ਪੁੱਤਰ, ਰਿਸ਼ਤੇਦਾਰ, ਪਿਆਰੇ ਮਿੱਤਰ ਅਤੇ ਭਰਾ-

ਪੂਰਬ ਜਨਮ ਕੇ ਮਿਲੇ ਸੰਜੋਗੀ ਅੰਤਹਿ ਕੋ ਨ ਸਹਾਈ ॥੧॥

पूरब जनम के मिले संजोगी अंतहि को न सहाई ॥१॥

Pūrab janam ke mile sanjogī anṯėh ko na sahā▫ī. ||1||

meet because of association of the previous births, but in the end, none of them extends a helping hand.

ਪੂਰਬ = ਪਹਿਲੇ। ਸੰਜੋਗੀ = ਸੰਜੋਗਾਂ ਨਾਲ। ਅੰਤਹਿ = ਅਖ਼ੀਰ ਵੇਲੇ। ਕੋ = ਕੋਈ ਭੀ। ਸਹਾਈ = ਸਾਥੀ ॥੧॥

ਇਹ ਸਾਰੇ ਪਹਿਲੇ ਜਨਮਾਂ ਦੇ ਸੰਜੋਗਾਂ ਕਰਕੇ (ਇਥੇ) ਮਿਲ ਪਏ ਹਨ। ਅਖ਼ੀਰ ਵੇਲੇ ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ ਕੋਈ ਭੀ ਸਾਥੀ ਨਹੀਂ ਬਣਦਾ ॥੧॥

ਮੁਕਤਿ ਮਾਲ ਕਨਿਕ ਲਾਲ ਹੀਰਾ ਮਨ ਰੰਜਨ ਕੀ ਮਾਇਆ ॥

मुकति माल कनिक लाल हीरा मन रंजन की माइआ ॥

Mukaṯ māl kanik lāl hīrā man ranjan kī mā▫i▫ā.

Pearl necklaces, gold, rubies and diamonds are the illusory riches, which please not mind.

ਮੁਕਤਿ = {मौक्‍तक} ਮੋਤੀ। ਕਨਿਕ = ਸੋਨਾ। ਮਨ ਰੰਜਨ ਕੀ = ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਸ਼ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਮੋਤੀਆਂ ਦੀ ਮਾਲਾ, ਸੋਨਾ, ਲਾਲ, ਹੀਰੇ, ਮਨ ਨੂੰ ਖ਼ੁਸ਼ ਕਰਨ ਵਾਲੀ ਮਾਇਆ-

ਹਾ ਹਾ ਕਰਤ ਬਿਹਾਨੀ ਅਵਧਹਿ ਤਾ ਮਹਿ ਸੰਤੋਖੁ ਨ ਪਾਇਆ ॥੨॥

हा हा करत बिहानी अवधहि ता महि संतोखु न पाइआ ॥२॥

Hā hā karaṯ bihānī avḏẖahi ṯā mėh sanṯokẖ na pā▫i▫ā. ||2||

To gather them man's life passes in agony, yet, in them he obtains not contentment.

ਬਿਹਾਨੀ = ਬੀਤ ਗਈ। ਅਵਧਹਿ = ਉਮਰ। ਤਾ ਮਹਿ = ਇਹਨਾਂ ਪਦਾਰਥਾਂ ਵਿਚ। ਸੰਤੋਖੁ = ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ, ਰੱਜ ॥੨॥

ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚ (ਲੱਗਿਆਂ) ਸਾਰੀ ਉਮਰ 'ਹਾਇ, ਹਾਇ' ਕਰਦਿਆਂ ਗੁਜ਼ਰ ਜਾਂਦੀ ਹੈ, ਮਨ ਨਹੀਂ ਰੱਜਦਾ ॥੨॥

ਹਸਤਿ ਰਥ ਅਸ੍ਵ ਪਵਨ ਤੇਜ ਧਣੀ ਭੂਮਨ ਚਤੁਰਾਂਗਾ ॥

हसति रथ अस्व पवन तेज धणी भूमन चतुरांगा ॥

Hasaṯ rath asav pavan ṯej ḏẖaṇī bẖūman cẖaṯurāʼngā.

Elephants, chariots, horses swift like the wind, wealth, lands and four Kings, of armies,

ਹਸਤਿ = ਹਾਥੀ। ਅਸ੍ਵ = ਘੋੜੇ। ਪਵਨ ਤੇਜ = ਹਵਾ ਦੇ ਵੇਗ ਵਾਲੇ। ਧਣੀ = ਧਨ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ। ਭੂਮਨ = ਜ਼ਿਮੀ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ। ਚਤੁਰਾਂਗਾ = ਚਾਰ ਅੰਗਾਂ ਵਾਲੀ ਫ਼ੌਜ: ਹਾਥੀ, ਰਥ, ਘੋੜੇ, ਪੈਦਲ।

ਹੇ ਭਾਈ! ਹਾਥੀ, ਰਥ, ਹਵਾ ਦੇ ਵੇਗ ਵਰਗੇ ਘੋੜੇ (ਹੋਣ), ਧਨਾਢ ਹੋਵੇ, ਜ਼ਿਮੀ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ ਹੋਵੇ, ਚਾਰ ਕਿਸਮ ਦੀ ਫ਼ੌਜ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ ਹੋਵੇ-

ਸੰਗਿ ਨ ਚਾਲਿਓ ਇਨ ਮਹਿ ਕਛੂਐ ਊਠਿ ਸਿਧਾਇਓ ਨਾਂਗਾ ॥੩॥

संगि न चालिओ इन महि कछूऐ ऊठि सिधाइओ नांगा ॥३॥

Sang na cẖāli▫o in mėh kacẖẖū▫ai ūṯẖ siḏẖā▫i▫o nāʼngā. ||3||

nothing of these goes with the man and he gets up and departs all naked.

ਸੰਗਿ = ਨਾਲ। ਕਛੂਐ = ਕੁਝ ਭੀ। ਸਿਧਾਇਓ = ਤੁਰ ਪਿਆ ॥੩॥

ਇਹਨਾਂ ਵਿਚੋਂ (ਭੀ) ਕੋਈ ਚੀਜ਼ ਭੀ ਨਾਲ ਨਹੀਂ ਜਾਂਦੀ, (ਇਹਨਾਂ ਦਾ ਮਾਲਕ ਮਨੁੱਖ ਇਥੋਂ) ਨੰਗਾ ਹੀ ਉੱਠ ਕੇ ਤੁਰ ਪੈਂਦਾ ਹੈ ॥੩॥

ਹਰਿ ਕੇ ਸੰਤ ਪ੍ਰਿਅ ਪ੍ਰੀਤਮ ਪ੍ਰਭ ਕੇ ਤਾ ਕੈ ਹਰਿ ਹਰਿ ਗਾਈਐ ॥

हरि के संत प्रिअ प्रीतम प्रभ के ता कै हरि हरि गाईऐ ॥

Har ke sanṯ pari▫a parīṯam parabẖ ke ṯā kai har har gā▫ī▫ai.

God's saints are the dear beloved of the Lord. In their company, sing Thou the Lord God's praise.

ਪ੍ਰਿਅ = ਪਿਆਰੇ। ਤਾ ਕੈ = ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ। ਗਾਈਐ = ਗਾਣਾ ਚਾਹੀਦਾ ਹੈ।

ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਸੰਤ ਜਨ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੇ ਪਿਆਰੇ ਹੁੰਦੇ ਹਨ, ਉਹਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਪਰਮਾਤਮਾ ਦੀ ਸਿਫ਼ਤ-ਸਾਲਾਹ ਕਰਨੀ ਚਾਹੀਦੀ ਹੈ।

ਨਾਨਕ ਈਹਾ ਸੁਖੁ ਆਗੈ ਮੁਖ ਊਜਲ ਸੰਗਿ ਸੰਤਨ ਕੈ ਪਾਈਐ ॥੪॥੧॥

नानक ईहा सुखु आगै मुख ऊजल संगि संतन कै पाईऐ ॥४॥१॥

Nānak īhā sukẖ āgai mukẖ ūjal sang sanṯan kai pā▫ī▫ai. ||4||1||

Nanak, in the society of such saints, the mortal gathers peace here and his face becomes bright hereafter.

ਈਹਾ = ਇਸ ਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ। ਆਗੈ = ਪਰਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ। ਊਜਲ = ਰੌਸ਼ਨ। ਕੈ ਸੰਗਿ = ਦੇ ਨਾਲ, ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ॥੪॥੧॥

ਹੇ ਨਾਨਕ! (ਅਜਿਹਾ ਕਰਨ ਨਾਲ) ਇਸ ਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਖ ਮਿਲਦਾ ਹੈ, ਪਰਲੋਕ ਵਿਚ ਸੁਰਖ਼-ਰੂ ਹੋ ਜਾਈਦਾ ਹੈ। (ਪਰ ਇਹ ਦਾਤਿ) ਸੰਤ ਜਨਾਂ ਦੀ ਸੰਗਤ ਵਿਚ ਹੀ ਮਿਲਦੀ ਹੈ ॥੪॥੧॥

Source - http://www.srigranth.org/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=700&g=1&h=1&r=1&t=2&p=0&k=1&fb=0

Your absolutely right, this is perfect!

Thank you Uncle jiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :D

it'd probably be good if I start reciting it like a mantra ?

No mantra, join Sadh Sangat & sing along.

Don't you have Istri Sadh Sangat in your area ?

Start a Sukhmani Sahib kitty party, One hour paath, one hour Keertan.

It could be once a month or fortnightly.

haha kitty party!

no not really, there are some bibiyan that do kirtan every month but its mostly elderly ladies, I do try going sometimes...

I just do simran at home and currently i'm trying to learn how to play the vajja too , maybe I could try learning the shabad you just told me :)