If Sikhs Are Vegetarian Because We Respect Life, Then Should We Also Be Vegan?

Moogle1542

LOL Yet you replied to me how many times? I'm just going to assume you have an iq of that leather belt your wearing "animal lover"

Uh oh she brought out the punjabi LOL. Aren't you cool? You didn't straight <banned word filter activated>, you got no answers to my questions like the rest of you veggie peddlers. You just like to pretend your better than the rest of us cause of a PERSONAL choice.

DrSingha23 this is a discussion, please do not attack others and use profanity we are all Sikhs here. No need for hate.

so what you are saying is I believe a Muslim historian above hukamnama of Guru ji ? besides Allah of Islam is same God of Abraham a much more emotion-driven entity then Nanak's vision of Akal Purakh who is limitless.

"Each zamindar... from the Attock... to the gates of Delhi lets his beard grow, cries Wah Gorow, eats pork, wears an iron bracelet, abominates the smoking of tobacco... sets up immediately for a Seik Sardar" - Major Polier to Colonel Ironside [1776]

"...They consider Halali meat as... forbidden... and eat the jhatka meat, that is the meat of any animals slaughtered by the sword" - James Skinner, Tashrihu'l Aqwan, 1825, quoted in Sikh history from Persian sources, p.218

"The Akalee is a grim and truly formidable looking person... partly [due] to the habitual use of intoxicating drugs [sukha]" - J.F. Watson, The People of India [1868-75]

These were the Akalis, a priveleged sect and too powerful and too numerous to be restrained by the government of the King of Lahore... no one dares to touch them" - A. Soltykoff, Voyages dans I'Inde [1858]

"These demoniacs possess an awful influence over the people, being regarded as demi-gods, and when any public emergency arises, a convocation of Akalees is held at Umritsur, what ever they decree is... acted upon with universal enthusiasm" - James Coley Journal of the Sutlej Campaign of 1845-6, p.104

have you heard of gurudwara sidh vatti sahib?

"Each zamindar... from the Attock... to the gates of Delhi lets his beard grow, cries Wah Gorow, eats pork, wears an iron bracelet, abominates the smoking of tobacco... sets up immediately for a Seik Sardar" - Major Polier to Colonel Ironside [1776]

"...They consider Halali meat as... forbidden... and eat the jhatka meat, that is the meat of any animals slaughtered by the sword" - James Skinner, Tashrihu'l Aqwan, 1825, quoted in Sikh history from Persian sources, p.218

"The Akalee is a grim and truly formidable looking person... partly [due] to the habitual use of intoxicating drugs [sukha]" - J.F. Watson, The People of India [1868-75]

These were the Akalis, a priveleged sect and too powerful and too numerous to be restrained by the government of the King of Lahore... no one dares to touch them" - A. Soltykoff, Voyages dans I'Inde [1858]

"These demoniacs possess an awful influence over the people, being regarded as demi-gods, and when any public emergency arises, a convocation of Akalees is held at Umritsur, what ever they decree is... acted upon with universal enthusiasm" - James Coley Journal of the Sutlej Campaign of 1845-6, p.104

have you heard of gurudwara sidh vatti sahib?

Did I say they didn't eat maas ? Did I say you can't ? I said we are advised it's better not to...as the price is too high for most... we do minimum abihaas but try to claim it's enough to mitigate this cost. It's not , proviso for jhatka like bhang is in war situations when need is matter of survival not tastes ... sorry to disappoint

it is also to hone your skills while you do shikar , as the wild boar reflexes are faster and could kill you

if you cant hone your skills what would you do , if you wait till battle?

bhang has much more uses , if you look it up , there is actually a proper method to make shaheedi deg, which numbs mind so you can do abhyas simran better for starters .

also, it has other uses too. cannibis or hemp fights cancer. and many other diseases

Sure you do LOL.

Yes. I do. They're not hard to find. I'm not sure what's so remarkably funny about that?

LOL Yet you replied to me how many times? I'm just going to assume you have an iq of that leather belt your wearing "animal lover"

Uh oh she brought out the punjabi LOL. Aren't you cool? You didn't straight <banned word filter activated>, you got no answers to my questions like the rest of you veggie peddlers. You just like to pretend your better than the rest of us cause of a PERSONAL choice.

Yes because I have a sense of maturity and attempt to engage in 'discussion'. Also, that's a wonderful assumption to make, especially on the basis that I've never worn leather in my life. Aren't you a smart cookie? Shoulda put your super powers to better use and prevented 9/11 instead.

Pretend we're better? If you actually bothered to read the thread, there has been discussion between veggies, vegans & meat-eaters, all a mature exploration of each others view points on this topic. Some have agreed, some have disagreed, all have been treated respectfully.

Then there's you who has one of the finest ego and superiority complexes I've ever witness on the internet (on the internet of all places LOL now that is hilarious!). 'Oh everyone look at me and my opinions, I'm right, you're all wrong, me me me me, because I eat meat'. Well done. You are a fine example of being SIkh. We should just upgrade you to Guru instead, ay?

And finally, I'm still not sure why you're even here? This discussion has NOTHING to do with eating meat. It was a question to vegetarians about whether SIkhi can justify the treatment of animals in the dairy industry. Why you insist on barking like a mad dog about your meat eating ways in a topic for vegetarians like an illiterate fool is beyond me.

If you eat meat - why are you persistently active in a topic for vegetarians? Man, if this way an essay question at University (the place where educated people go to have intellectual & academic discussions) then from an academic standing you would have failed tremendously.

Let me just explain in a way that hopefully your mind will understand:

discussion
noun
  1. the action or process of talking about something in order to reach a decision OR TO EXCHANGE IDEAS.

a conversation or DEBATE about a specific topic.

debate

noun
    a formal discussion on a particular matter ... in which OPPOSING ARGUMENTS are put forward

So I'm not sure where you're getting this 'I'm better than you' scenario from. Perhaps you should lie down and refresh you mind, see a doctor because you're obviously deluded, or take an adult English class.

Thanks your input. It's truly been enlightening.

PLEASE, I HUMBLY REQUEST THAT WE KEEP THE TOPIC OF MEAT OUT OF THIS DISCUSSION AS IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY QUESTION.

IF I MAY REPEAT MYSELF, I AM ASKING THE VEGETARIAN COMMUNITY AS TO WHETHER THE TREATMENT OF CATTLE IN THE INDUSTRIALIZED WEST VIA DAIRY FARMING IS ACCEPTABLE, AND IF NOT, SHOULD WE BECOME VEGAN? OR IS THERE AN ALTERNATIVE ANSWER?

THANK YOU.

Why delete my comments that state nothing but he truth?

Veggie lovers can't handle the truth LOL

Admin note: This topic is not about Veg vs. non-veg. This thread is about Vegan. Please don't bring meat topic into this thread.

Why delete my comments that state nothing but he truth?

Veggie lovers can't handle the truth LOL

Admin note: This topic is not about Veg vs. non-veg. This thread is about Vegan. Please don't bring meat topic into this thread.

Oh God, you've been explained this by admin with 3 separate full stops and you still haven't understood? LOOOL how dumb can one person get? It's even in blue so you can't miss it. I shoulda seen this before I replied back, there is clearly no help for you.