Depressed And Unhappy Despite Doing Paath, Help

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ke fateh!

I've recently received poor grades for my a levels - and have been told to drop the subjects I enjoyed the most because I received poor grades © in them.

I don't know what to do, like I said I do the sukhmani sahib paath (listen to it every day) but no Sukh in my life ever seems to come.

Am I doing the sukhmani sahib correctly, because I think dookh should be dispelled if you listen to the path, but for me everyday goes by and I seem to become more depressed and dissatisfied out of life.

I'm beg my Lord for his naam, virtue and happiness - but I don't seem to get anything

what do you gurusikhs suggest?

I cannot read or understand gurmukhi for me to enable to read sggs ji , however I do read the English translation whenever possible, is this ok?

I'm going back to college next week, but I do not like the course that I will be forced study (ict and business)

What do I do to relinquish these sorrows and misfortune, how do I love the Lord through my heart when nothing seems to go right?

What do you Gurusikhs do when meditating, how do you love the Lord within?

All answers will be very much appreciated.

Sikhi path is difficult. We get both sadness and happiness in our life. We should not blame god no matter what happens to us. Do your best in sikhi. Get tough discipline in your life. Lift up your self-esteem and get outside help and advice on studies. Get a local sikh mentor who can guide you.

Sorry if I say anything wrong. You and I both are engrossed in Maya. We BOTH (I am also your age) believe that grades are so important. That subjects are so important. This gives us desires AND EXPECTATIONS. The nature of expectation is to break. When they break, when desires are not fulfilled, we get angered and sad. Sukhmani Sahib has meanings. It tells you to do simran and renounce Maya. I don't know a lto but I would say its ok. Waheguru does EVERYTHING for a reason. NOw it will cause you pain but slowly it will go away and you will see it for your good. Katia Dukh Bookh Sad Maar, Eh Bhi Daat Tere Datar. in Japji Sahib. Don't worry and don't give up sukhmani sahib. Enjoy it and have sukh. Waheguru will always help you. Don't forget that. I myself am engrossed in Maya. May Waheguru help me get out of Maya.

Waheguru ji ka khalsa

Waheguru ji ke fateh!

I've recently received poor grades for my a levels - and have been told to drop the subjects I enjoyed the most because I received poor grades © in them.

I don't know what to do, like I said I do the sukhmani sahib paath (listen to it every day) but no Sukh in my life ever seems to come.

Am I doing the sukhmani sahib correctly, because I think dookh should be dispelled if you listen to the path, but for me everyday goes by and I seem to become more depressed and dissatisfied out of life.

I'm beg my Lord for his naam, virtue and happiness - but I don't seem to get anything

what do you gurusikhs suggest?

I cannot read or understand gurmukhi for me to enable to read sggs ji , however I do read the English translation whenever possible, is this ok?

I'm going back to college next week, but I do not like the course that I will be forced study (ict and business)

What do I do to relinquish these sorrows and misfortune, how do I love the Lord through my heart when nothing seems to go right?

What do you Gurusikhs do when meditating, how do you love the Lord within?

All answers will be very much appreciated.

VJKK VJKF

Managing expectation is always hard - mind lives in PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE - Gursikhe jeevan teaches to be in present at all time. i.e. what are you doing now with 100% committment. take things 1 step at a time.

Path done is fine - carry on doing it - however - we have to live according to sikh prinicples too - i.e seva of sadh sangat - try seva on a regular basis starting of one day a week at your local Gurdwara - joriann de seva or langar seva - those depressing feelings will dissappear.

Other clues are listen to raag keertan - particluarlay Basant raag - this raag if sung or listened to correctly with love it will bring joy and bliss in your heart - plenty of youtube links by the likes of Bhai Balbire singh jee.

Sikhe is accepting whatever is happennig in your life - you need to accept as a gift from the almighty - not demand anything. Biggest person we listen to at all times is our mind - however Gurbani says all the mind things is childish i.e " hoee ehann kare kum" or "naal enhee dostee kadee nah avee raas" - mind dont know jack all hence why we need higher level of teaching from SGGS sahib and understanding. Search for videos by bascis of sikhe - Bhai Jagraj does excellent work on the issues you have.

• 2 months later...

VAHEGURU JI KA KHALSA, VAHEGURU JI KI FATEH

What "sukh" are you looking for? "Dukh Vich Sookh Manai" is what Gurbani teaches - to be content even when sadness is around. Guru Sahib's life is a reference point of the absolute ideal in Gursikhi. Sarbans Dani Sahib-E-Kamal Dasam Patshah gave up EVERYTHING and still remained in Chardi-Kalaa. His Sikhs were the same as him - no food, no shelter, living on horseback and relished every minute of Simran and Gurbani.

Do Ardaas for whatever you need - the Almighty is the giver of all. But understand that Sikhi teaches that only Naam/Bani will take to the Almighty and make you One. Within that is true happiness. All else fades and does not last. Gurbani is not a path of do this = profit. It is a path of remembering the Almighty through Simran, inner contemplation, self realization and progress based on the Guru's instructions/Hukam that is Gurbani. If you progress on the path of Gurbani, happiness will be present regardless of the worldly condition and your station in life.

It is not of coincidence that Shaheedan Di Sirtaj - Sahib Sri Guru Arjun Dev Sahib Ji - recited "Tera Kia Meetha Laagae" while being tortured - despite the extremely brutal tortures and conditions his body was subjected to, his very essence was joined to the Almighty to where they were One - was still in a Divine bliss. Such was the state of many of the Chardi-Kalaa Shaheed Sikhs, of olden and new history, that took upon themselves exrteme torture and yet still remained enraptured in the Almighty's rememberance. You have only to look at Shaheed Bhai Anokh Singh Babbar's Shaheedi to see the avastha of "Dukh Vich Sookh Manai" - tortures that leave a reader trembling by merely reading, this Gursikh was able to face uttering Vaheguru and still thanked the Almighty for the days and nights of happiness.

Wonderful reply! Firmly putting matters into perspective.