Sikh Federation (Uk) Annual Convention On Sunday 21St September 2014 At Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Sedgley Street, Wolverhampton

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa, Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

The Sikh Federation (UK) will be holding its annual Convention on Sunday 21st September 2014 at Guru Nanak Gurdwara, Sedgley Street, Wolverhampton. It will be the last annual Convention before the General Election next year and we aim to raise a number of significant issues related to the Sikh community.

The Sikh Federation (UK) is now officially recognised by the UK Government as one of the four main umbrella Sikh organisations in the UK. However, it is the only umbrella Sikh organisation that has remained true to its founding principles established 30 years ago in 1984 and has the stated aim of arguing the case for the Sikhs right to self-determination and lobbying for the establishment of an independent sovereign Sikh State.

Mainstream media coverage of Sikh Federation (UK) campaigning this year has been unprecedented and combined with the unrivaled grassroots support provided by the Sikh community many in positions of responsibility in the UK and in other countries acknowledge and understand the increasing influence of the Sikh Federation (UK) in a diverse range of subjects.

2014 has been a remarkable year that started with revelations about UK Government direct involvement in the Sikh Genocide in June 1984. The Sikh Federation (UK) has led the way in challenging the current UK Government, taking the issue of the 1984 Sikh Genocide to the European Parliament and the United Nations and will be announcing the next steps in the campaign for Truth, Justice and Freedom.

The mainstream media is expected to cover the Convention and several key announcements will be made. This will include plans to encourage much wider participation by youngsters and professionals from the Sikh community in activities led by the Sikh Federation (UK) that could be a defining moment for the political awakening of future generations of the Sikh community.

The poster for the event is attached and on the Sikh Federation (UK) Facebook page. We encourage you to ensure A3 colour copies of this poster are displayed on noticeboards at your local Gurdwara and A4 colour or black and white versions are distributed to the Sangat. Please free to share this message with others.

We would be delighted if you could attend and be part of what promises to be a historic event.

Thank you for your continued support.

Bhai Amrik Singh

SIKH FEDERATION (UK)

Never flinch from performing rightous deeds

www.sikhfeduk.com | facebook/sikhfederation uk | twitter@sikhfeduk

SFUK Convention 2014 Final.pdf

What do these lot actually do now? They might have done something before around 30 years ago.From what I have seen is that they own large amounts of residential propertys. They own a few right next to Sedgley Street Gurdwara which have been brought from sangats donations. Problem with our sangat is that they just blindly give.

What do these lot actually do now? They might have done something before around 30 years ago.From what I have seen is that they own large amounts of residential propertys. They own a few right next to Sedgley Street Gurdwara which have been brought from sangats donations. Problem with our sangat is that they just blindly give.

They lobby the govt for Sikhs rights, 84 justice, support shaheed Singh's families, raise awareness of Indian govts inhumane treatment of minorities, most importantly they haven't let the issue of 84 be forgotten.... Not an exhaustive list

They are not a business, Sena, govt, or very supported by those they defend.... They are volunteers who have sacrificed their youth, money and chance of seeing theirfamilies in India again....

So what have you offered to the kaum? What right do you have to critisise? Serious question plz do answer in full!

Seems like your connected with the federation most likely your a son of 1 of the members, so can you please answer my questions. They lobby but what have they actually achieved? Which Shaheed Singhs family's have they helped?Please provide names so this can be verified. I personally know a few families that haven't received a penny from them. Also can you explain about why they are buying properties with money which has been collected to support these families? The presidents own relatives question of how he has got to own over a hundred residential properties.

Can you also explain to the sangat why some of the sevadars (who were actually in it for the seva) left and formed their own jatha.?

I don't ask sangat for donations or go around collecting money for the kaum, whatever I do is personal so what gives you the right to criticise me? Whatever I do is between me and Guru Ji.

They should be more transparent and then I wouldn't be criticising.

Seems like your connected with the federation most likely your a son of 1 of the members, so can you please answer my questions. They lobby but what have they actually achieved? Which Shaheed Singhs family's have they helped?Please provide names so this can be verified. I personally know a few families that haven't received a penny from them. Also can you explain about why they are buying properties with money which has been collected to support these families? The presidents own relatives question of how he has got to own over a hundred residential properties.

Can you also explain to the sangat why some of the sevadars (who were actually in it for the seva) left and formed their own jatha.?

I don't ask sangat for donations or go around collecting money for the kaum, whatever I do is personal so what gives you the right to criticise me? Whatever I do is between me and Guru Ji.

WarrierSingh UK: Visit the Sikh Federation (UK) web site www.sikhfeduk.com to better appreciate what the organisation has achieved since it was set up in September 2003.

The Sikh Federation (UK) is the only Panthic Sikh organisation that has published an annual highlights booklet detailing its work and achievements over the last decade (see web site).

Name one other Sikh organisation in the UK providing this level of transparency and provide links to its annual reports.

As an alternative look at the attached summary produced last year on the 10th anniversary.

Rather than waste your time and effort on personal attacks on leading figures in the Sikh Federation (UK) without any evidence other than shameless rumours you should concentrate on positive support of other Sikh organisations you believe are doing better work and are more transparent and true to their stated objectives.

SFUK 10yrs FINAL.pdf

No connection whatsoever but very easily annoyed at armchair nindaks..

Its difficult to achieve anything when lobbying co-conspirators but at least they are doing the best they can..

Unless u have evidence of corruption concentrate on earning ur passage rather looking to divide our community further.

Remember how effective their lobbying was in January?

They got completely ignored by the govt. So how come, with 30 years experience they don't have a relationship established with the civil service?

Allowing for access to politicians.

The January disclosures and our leadership response was sooo telling.

They are worse than incompetent. Mistakes are par for the course and can/will be forgiven. But these "leaders" are clueless.

Remember how effective their lobbying was in January?

They got completely ignored by the govt. So how come, with 30 years experience they don't have a relationship established with the civil service?

Allowing for access to politicians.

The January disclosures and our leadership response was sooo telling.

They are worse than incompetent. Mistakes are par for the course and can/will be forgiven. But these "leaders" are clueless.

Pangaphish: The Sikh Federation (UK) lobby continues on the 1984 issue. We are clear on what has or has not been achieved since January. The UK Government was forced to engage more with the Sikh Federation (UK) than any other Sikh organisation - read mainstream media coverage or mention during Parliamentary debates. Some Sikh organisations chose to keep their civil servant connections and not be too critical of the government.

Read the 2013-14 highlights booklet that will be released on 21 September for more details. The Sikh Federation (UK) will also be announcing next steps on 21 September.

Name one other Sikh organisation that has done more on the 1984 issue following the revelations in January. Some thought something would happen with a Modi government, but are now all silent and clueless. Others may still be thinking about legal options at the international level, but the silence and a lack of action are noticeable.

Whether they achieved something doesn't matter to me when judging them..

They've made a lot of sacrifices over the years and have without doubt been the only activists taking the issue around the country and to the government consistantly over the past thirties yrz...

We may have all done things differently or maybe not.... bottom line is unless we've something better we're not in a place to judge.

In my opinion we're not going to beat govts of india/uk at political battles for a long time yet.. bashing those that make some attempt (whether they fail or not) shows our narrow mindedness and lack of solidarity. .

Grow people.

Wjkkwjkf

Please state for the record, how many, if any, meetings have taken place between the SF and any relevant minister, as far as I'm aware, the Sikh Federation as yet, have not even managed a single meeting. The meetings they were invited to were by the Sikh Council UK.

Without getting involved in <banned word filter activated> for tat comment exchange....the old chestnut, if you haven't done anything yourself then you have no right to criticise, really is the bottom of the helpless excuse barrel. The point is, what have they been doing?

Not whether they have failed. Because failure is acceptable, but they haven't even failed because for that, there would have to have been an attempt at something at least. SFJ tried the UN route and began legal proceedings in two countries and several different courts...the Germans have managed to get legal cases against the corrupted spy network of the GOI...fail or otherwise, they have made an honest attempt

Please, you are clearly the person in the know, how much have Sikh Fed spent on PR companies this year and how much on lawyers?