Do Majority Of Hindus Discriminate Against Minorities In India

deepsinghmangat

Your purpose might be to hate them back because they hate Sikhs, my purpose is to have more such people as shown below. A Hindu boy originally from Bihar and grew up in Punjab ended up becoming a Singh.

1460952_771014686290094_1145926176969713

PHILLAUR, Punjab (January 25, 2014)—Recently, in the Village of Phillaur, Khera, at Gurwara Shaheeda Singhan there was a turban tying competition. The centre of attention was a 16 year old amritdhari contestant who had converted to Suraj Singh from Suraj Kumar.

Many at the competition were shocked at the story he narrated about his conversion to Sikhi. His story raised concerns on the inner workings of the Sikhs’ top governing body, the SGPC , which works for the welfare of Sikhs and whose budget is more than that of the regional government.

Suraj Singh said at Gurwara Shaheeda Singhan, that he and his mother sacrificed a lot for him to receive Amrit baptism, wherein his father divorced his mother and also left them homeless. Not only this, after the incident, no one amongst his relatives talks to them. He said his family looks at him with scorn.

Suraj Singh, is the son of Satan Bhagat, resident of Lallu Nagar, District Kathiar, Bihar Hall, who is now residing at Punjab Village, Khanori. When he was 6 months old, his family came to Punjab to earn a living as laborers. When he grew up, he was sent to the government school of Khanori.

When he was older, one of the students gifted him the biography of Guru Gobind Singh. After reading it, he was so inspired, that he decided to become a Sikh of the Guru. During this time, he stopped trimming his hair. Due to poverty, his parents did not take things seriously and meanwhile his grandmother passed away. Due to this, Suraj was surrounded by many hardships because according to their custom, if anyone in the family dies, all boys of the house have to trim their hair—a custom against Sikh values.

Initially, Suraj revolted against this, but when nobody in his family supported him, he ran away from home and hid at a Gurdwara Sahib in Khloti. To abide by the custom, the family kept on searching for Suraj Singh before his grandmother’s cremation, but they could not find him for 2 months. When they found him after 2 months, he had received Amrit and was Suraj Singh now.

Suraj Singh’s mother is a laborer in the village to earn a living for both of them. Only Suraj Singh’s classmate Jaskaran Singh, and another villager, Gurdeep Singh have helped them.

Reports from locals say that Suraj Singh was taken to SGPC President Avtar Makkar to seek help but he was turned away immediately. Suraj Singh did not get turned off from Sikhi after this incident, but rather he is studying and spreading the word about Sikhism in different villages—he is becoming an example for Sikhs.

Suraj Singh said that in today’s modern world boys from the Sikh community consider turban and long hair out of style—they trim their hair and use tobacco and other intoxicating substances. He feels that Sikh youth should consider their religion the best. By looking at Suraj Singh’s love and passion for the religion, NRI Satnam Singh Khera from Canada, awarded him a cash prize.

15152_suraj_singh.jpg

http://www.sikh24.com/2014/01/25/suraj-kumar-to-suraj-singh-story-of-a-young-gursikh/#.VBGciPldWmA

And trust me, this is where it hurts those Sikh haters the most!

Reports from locals say that Suraj Singh was taken to SGPC President Avtar Makkar to seek help but he was turned away immediately.

Well done SGPC!

This is what our "leaders" are doing

SGPC let me down, says Tamil Sikh

Indian Express - 31 October 2000

SGPC let me down, says Tamil Sikh

AMRITSAR, OCT 30: Kandasamy Singh, a Tamil who adopted the Sikh faith is running from pillar to post to collect his dues standing against Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak Committee (SGPC). He was appointed a parcharak (religious preacher) by the former president of the SGPC, Gurcharan Singh Tohra. He said that when he went to the SGPC office today, the officials refused to talk to him saying the president who appointed him had been changed and his name had been deleted from the list.

Kandasamy who lodged a written complaint with the SGPC president and sent a copy to the secretary, said that he was astonished to see the behaviour of the SGPC officials.``I was appointed parcharak by Tohra who asked me to propagate the tenets of Sikhism in the distant land of Tamils. I organised various Guru Ka Langars in the rural areas and also operated a mobile library in Marai Malai Nagar in Tamil Nadu but I was told today that my name had been deleted because the president had been changed,'' he said.

He further disclosed that he was influenced by Sikhism and adopted the religion in 1996 when he came to see his brother in Delhi who was a tailor in Karol Bagh."I was eager to visit the Golden Temple and came here in 1998. I met Tohra who was so impressed with my conviction that he asked me if I could take up the task of teaching Sikhism in my native state. I accepted his offer and even underwent training in the Gurudwara here and at Chandigarh,'' he said.

He further said that Tohra promised to give him Rs 4000 per month for the expenditure on various promotional activities. "But I was so engrossed with the propagation work that I never demanded any money and today when I approached the secretary of SGPC, Gurbachan Singh Bachan, he refused to talk to me. When I approached the officials of Dharam Parchar Committee (DPC) they embarrassed me by saying they do not know English and I should talk to them in Punjabi instead,'' he said.

He said that he was going to meet Simranjeet Singh Mann at his village tomorrow and would also lodge a complaint with the Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.

"I am an advocate by profession and was delighted to adopt the Sikh way of life but the attitude of the SGPC and of the DPC was astonishing. Instead of rewarding me for my translation of Sikh history into Tamil I was meted out humiliating treatment in the committee office,'' he said.

When Contacted Gurbachan Singh Bachan, Secretary, SGPC, said that he did not remember meeting Kandasamy Singh but he would definitely go through the complaint letter written to the president.

"It is wrong to say that he was meted out such treatment because he was appointed by a former president. There is more than 90 per cent of the preachers appointed by Tohra and it did not mean that we would treat them discriminately. I would personally look into the matter and his grievances would be redressed,'' said Bachan.

http://www.newtosikhi.com/profiles/blogs/sgpc-let-me-down-says-tamil

Oh and by the way, this Tamil Singh is no more. He died a Sikh!

http://www.lawyersclubindia.com/news/SC-issues-notice-to-EC-402.asp

http://www.sikhchic.com/history/the_sikhs_of_kerala

The conversion to Sikh religion made a radical change and possible implications in socio-political realm along with other developments such as Vaikom Movement and Temple Entry Movements. Thus, on 12th November 1936, the Maharaja of Travancore, Sri Chitra Tirunal issued a proclamation that all the roads, tanks, wells, and schools of Travancore state were opened to all classes irrespective of caste. This declaration is called as ‘Temple Entry Proclamation'.

The Malayala Manorama newspaper reported that immediately after the Temple Entry Proclamation, the Malayalees who converted to Sikh religion lost their interest in the new religion and reconverted into Hindu religious fold. However, only five or six families in Kerala vehemently stood for the new faith. Thus, people like Bhubender Singh, Karthar Singh, Kripal Singh, Renjith Singh and Bhagawan Singh stood firmly in the Sikh fold. They lived and dressed like Sikhs in the society. They followed the rules and regulations of the Sikh Panth.

Swami Ram Tirath Dandi Sanyasi (aka Ram Tirath Singh)(31 August 1897 - 12 May 1977) was born in Brahmin family at Tohra village in Patiala, Punjab India.

Swami Ram Tirath was a very famous scholar on Hindu culture and religion. He once studied the Sikh scriptures and was so inspired that he himself became a Sikh. He wrote a book entitled, "Sarvotam Dharam Granth - Siri Guru Granth Sahib te Sarvotam Dharam - Khalsa Panth", meaning the best scripture is Guru Granth Sahib ji and the best religion is the Khalsa Panth. Later in life he got baptised into the Sikh faith.

" After having studied the scriptures, in many respects I have discarded the Vedas, Shastras, Smiritis, all Sutras, Tantras and Puranas, knowing them to be polluted and corrupted by many impurities. I have found that only the Holy Guru Granth Sahib is completely free of contamination and knowing it to be benevolent for the whole humanity, I have accepted this scripture and I accept myself to be the Sikh of Guru Nanak Dev, therefore I am a Sikh of the Guru."

http://www.sikhiwiki.org/index.php/Swami_Ram_Tirath_Dandi_Sanyasi

And how many have you ever tried talking to about Sikhi or Sikh history? How many have you put to shame each time they cracked a Sardar joke? How many noses have you broken each time they made fun of your dastar (if you wear one that is)?Or do you just come online and vent your frustration instead of dealing head on with real people? Trust me, its not that hard. Once you start you can filter out the good and the bad. Few among the good might come into the fold of the Khalsa as well.

I can speak from personal experience as I know Punjabi Hindus more closely than any of you guys ever will (and you guys know very well how and why). A good number of them carry all the traits listed above, no doubt about that. Yes they are arrogant, disrespectful (especially the Delhi breed), and don't care about anyone getting offended. But the point I am trying to make is very simple. If you want more people coming into Sikhi, you have to be the one to initiate the discussion with compassion and without humiliating someone for who/what he/she is. If the guy doesn't get it, feel free to beat the lights out of him. But atleast take your chances by trying to speak out the truth. Again, based on personal experience, 8 out of 10 won't give a damn, but I'd still take my chances with those 2 who would be willing to listen. Perhaps those 2 will end up as better GurSikhs than the ones who have unfortunately become leaders of the qaum.

Guru Sahib changed people like Sajjan Thug, like Kauda Rakshash. A number of Muslims who came to fight Guru Sahib ended up at His feet. Brahmins who came seeking refuge (Pandit Kirpa Ram), and those who acted out of sheer arrogance (Lal Chand Peshauria), all ended up becoming not just Singhs but Shaheeds. How did Guru Sahib do this? Through compassion!

We claim to be Sikhs of such a Guru but cannot take down a few arrogant low lives? Next time, for a change, try using the compassion weapon first, whether its a Hindu or Muslim, or anyone. If they still disrespect Sikhi, then make sure they don't go back in one piece. Stop listening to someone who tells you "falaane folks do this". The same happens to our own folks as well. Indians talk cr@p about Sikhs to goray, should goray buy all that is said to them? Or do they find out on their own?

Anyways, its your life and your opinion. You can try to win someone using the power of Gurbani, Sikh itihaas and philosophy, or you can humiliate them and further them farther away from Sikhi. Choice is yours.

How can you convience a hater they are born and brought to hate Sikhs and Muslims . Hindu and Sikhs fights are so common in Delhi . I would spent my energy on South Indian or Assami Hindu . These people want to learn about Sikhi . Regarding Punjabi Hindus - god knows where these people will end up . Even other Hindu hate them be it Delhi or Haryana .

Your purpose might be to hate them back because they hate Sikhs, my purpose is to have more such people as shown below. A Hindu boy originally from Bihar and grew up in Punjab ended up becoming a Singh.

1460952_771014686290094_1145926176969713

PHILLAUR, Punjab (January 25, 2014)—Recently, in the Village of Phillaur, Khera, at Gurwara Shaheeda Singhan there was a turban tying competition. The centre of attention was a 16 year old amritdhari contestant who had converted to Suraj Singh from Suraj Kumar.

Many at the competition were shocked at the story he narrated about his conversion to Sikhi. His story raised concerns on the inner workings of the Sikhs’ top governing body, the SGPC , which works for the welfare of Sikhs and whose budget is more than that of the regional government.

Suraj Singh said at Gurwara Shaheeda Singhan, that he and his mother sacrificed a lot for him to receive Amrit baptism, wherein his father divorced his mother and also left them homeless. Not only this, after the incident, no one amongst his relatives talks to them. He said his family looks at him with scorn.

Suraj Singh, is the son of Satan Bhagat, resident of Lallu Nagar, District Kathiar, Bihar Hall, who is now residing at Punjab Village, Khanori. When he was 6 months old, his family came to Punjab to earn a living as laborers. When he grew up, he was sent to the government school of Khanori.

When he was older, one of the students gifted him the biography of Guru Gobind Singh. After reading it, he was so inspired, that he decided to become a Sikh of the Guru. During this time, he stopped trimming his hair. Due to poverty, his parents did not take things seriously and meanwhile his grandmother passed away. Due to this, Suraj was surrounded by many hardships because according to their custom, if anyone in the family dies, all boys of the house have to trim their hair—a custom against Sikh values.

Initially, Suraj revolted against this, but when nobody in his family supported him, he ran away from home and hid at a Gurdwara Sahib in Khloti. To abide by the custom, the family kept on searching for Suraj Singh before his grandmother’s cremation, but they could not find him for 2 months. When they found him after 2 months, he had received Amrit and was Suraj Singh now.

Suraj Singh’s mother is a laborer in the village to earn a living for both of them. Only Suraj Singh’s classmate Jaskaran Singh, and another villager, Gurdeep Singh have helped them.

Reports from locals say that Suraj Singh was taken to SGPC President Avtar Makkar to seek help but he was turned away immediately. Suraj Singh did not get turned off from Sikhi after this incident, but rather he is studying and spreading the word about Sikhism in different villages—he is becoming an example for Sikhs.

Suraj Singh said that in today’s modern world boys from the Sikh community consider turban and long hair out of style—they trim their hair and use tobacco and other intoxicating substances. He feels that Sikh youth should consider their religion the best. By looking at Suraj Singh’s love and passion for the religion, NRI Satnam Singh Khera from Canada, awarded him a cash prize.

15152_suraj_singh.jpg

http://www.sikh24.com/2014/01/25/suraj-kumar-to-suraj-singh-story-of-a-young-gursikh/#.VBGciPldWmA

And trust me, this is where it hurts those Sikh haters the most!

Well done SGPC!

Thanks Mehtab for sharing this . But i still feel that we should focus on eastern India to preach Sikhi, things in north india are not good Hindu extremism is at its high.

How can you convience a hater they are born and brought to hate Sikhs and Muslims . Hindu and Sikhs fights are so common in Delhi . I would spent my energy on South Indian or Assami Hindu . These people want to learn about Sikhi . Regarding Punjabi Hindus - god knows where these people will end up . Even other Hindu hate them be it Delhi or Haryana .

If thats your opinion then I guess do as you please.

Thanks Mehtab for sharing this . But i still feel that we should focus on eastern India to preach Sikhi, things in north india are not good Hindu extremism is at its high.

Upto you. Just be sure you're not the one turning people away from Sikhi, even its a crazy Punjabi Hindu you hate with all your heart.

Mehtab Singh Jee - Love your views.

I have worked in Karnataka, Maharashtara, Punjab.

Apne lokaan nun maan bahut milda hai, par saadi philosophy hai pehlaan dooje nun neevan dikhaun di ...

Apni sikh philosphy? oh I'm sure it's the Punjabi machismo bringing in the 'rub it in ' attitude kind of like the 'proud to be jat' attitude...all of it provided by the english raj ...

A true sikh takes the lessons of the past and applies to hone his/her personality to be daler but full of nimrata as Waheguru di kirpa nal sabh kuch hunda