What Can Be Done To Inspire Sikhs To Be More Martial

deepsinghmangat

sikhi requires Sikhs to learn combat and to have martial characteristics

but today Sikh youth are becoming less and less martial

their are alot of pathetic losers who think their martial but just losers aka the Punjabi gangster wannabe's who think their black from compton who get drunk an think their hard if its 10 on 1 but run away if the odds are even or against them

what can be done to turn this around

how about asking local gurdwaras to partner up with professional mma gyms and boxing gyms to allow Sikh youth from once who don't attend gurdwara an cut their hair to Sikhs who do attend and are amritdhari to attend classes

sikhi requires Sikhs to learn combat and to have martial characteristics

but today Sikh youth are becoming less and less martial

their are alot of pathetic losers who think their martial but just losers aka the Punjabi gangster wannabe's who think their black from compton who get drunk an think their hard if its 10 on 1 but run away if the odds are even or against them

what can be done to turn this around

how about asking local gurdwaras to partner up with professional mma gyms and boxing gyms to allow Sikh youth from once who don't attend gurdwara an cut their hair to Sikhs who do attend and are amritdhari to attend classes

Before we can become martial again(which we must) we must realize that we have to become Spiritual again. Sant Siphai first is Sant and every true Sant is a Siphai(all of them, Bachittar Singh looked like a weak guy, but still beat an elephant). If you don't believe in the Bachittar Singh story: Guru Gobind Singh Ji first asked a really bulk and muscular guy to take on the elephant and he said no; and later died by a snakebite. Bachittar Singh was a Sewadar and he decided that this was a mission to do Sewa. Another story is the Musket and Guru Gobind Sibgh Ji. http://www.sikhnet.com/stories/audio/guru-gobind-singh-and-new-musket

In the UK, very few, if any Gurdwaras in my experience are willing to make such provisions, as they firstly deem it unnecessary and secondly wouldn't want to fund it.

I don't know any Gurdwara in the UK, that is prepared to pay a proper Gurmat Sangeet teacher to hold a weekly class, never mind paying someone to teach self-defence/martial arts.

The only way you will see this happening is by making it happen, and that is by either getting the sangat on your side, or even better joiing the committee and making it happen.

But it's something that should happen. Along with kabaddi and wrestling. Long-term horse-riding and archery.

In the UK, very few, if any Gurdwaras in my experience are willing to make such provisions, as they firstly deem it unnecessary and secondly wouldn't want to fund it.

I don't know any Gurdwara in the UK, that is prepared to pay a proper Gurmat Sangeet teacher to hold a weekly class, never mind paying someone to teach self-defence/martial arts.

The only way you will see this happening is by making it happen, and that is by either getting the sangat on your side, or even better joiing the committee and making it happen.

But it's something that should happen. Along with kabaddi and wrestling. Long-term horse-riding and archery.

Why rely on committees who have other agendas ...there are many masters of different arts out there why not create a knowledge net for sikhs to plug into so that we can learn as much as possible from all the martial arts places..I wouldn't mind paying for outside classes if I knew they were quality. Plus if we hire spaces for our akaras no committee politics will interfere with our job of learning. It is obvious GOI wants SIkhi warrior spirit to deflate and die that's why their agents here infiltrate and mess with our sangat's learning and actioning these skills even teaching dasam bani arth.

We teach an intelligent fighting system based on traditional battlefield and street fighting principles.
Various weaponry is taught, including modern and traditional blades (sword and knife), axe, spear/staff.
Hand to hand fighting using internal striking methods, mastery of body mechanics and strategy is taught.

Alongside kara and puratan shastar are taught, as well as street psychology and tactics’.

All variations of weaponry and hand to hand scenario is based on one fundamental set of fighting principles, movement and energy.

Classes are only for those who are prepared to treat them as a high priority in their life. They are not for hobbyists or those wanting to tick a cultural or Sikh tick box.
The Yudh Vidhya is taught to those who wish to become ‘Abhiyaasi’ of it.

Classes are taught in a strictly respectful and family atmosphere. No rude or inappropriate behaviour is tolerated. All are brother and sisters.

Girls are taught with boys, but practice and train separately.

We teach in West London, East London, London Bridge and Coventry.

We are not affiliated with any personalities or any jathaa. All classes start and end with ardaas to Akaal.

If you are SERIOUS about learning, send an email to elusivefighting@gmail.com.

State your prior MA experience and speak a little bit about yourself. Tell us why you would like to learn.

Dhanvaad.

Sri Akaal Ji Sahae

Why rely on committees who have other agendas ...there are many masters of different arts out there why not create a knowledge net for sikhs to plug into so that we can learn as much as possible from all the martial arts places..I wouldn't mind paying for outside classes if I knew they were quality. Plus if we hire spaces for our akaras no committee politics will interfere with our job of learning. It is obvious GOI wants SIkhi warrior spirit to deflate and die that's why their agents here infiltrate and mess with our sangat's learning and actioning these skills even teaching dasam bani arth.

join Tera Panth Vasse, help them lead your Gurdwaras to the future.