Do Vegetarian Sikhs Have Poor Diets

deepsinghmangat

<banned word filter activated>...I'm going to quote you, Im in a big pissing match with some people about meat no treat the spin on it makes my eyes bleed

Yeah, my best friend, she was a vegetarian. A lot of vegetarians don't know what to eat. The really easy-mode ones just eat pizza, cheese, and eggs and their cholesterol levels SKYROCKET.

Others are EXTREMELY healthy. The ones that KNOW what they're doing. You can't just half-<banned word filter activated> vegetarianism and expect to be healthy all the time. This is why I don't do it. I don't have the patience to sit there and nitpick and figure out what to eat. I'd do the pizza and eggs thing.

Almost all of us grew up eating meat, wearing leather, and going to circuses and zoos, there here to entertain us feed us really really??

I'm lost

Ya

Veggie people have poor diet most of them not even active they get tired so quick there energy level is low some people don't eat cuz it's against our religion really really really??!!!

Wearing animal product isn't against our religion?

Thousand animals get killed for us for human being needs I hear people sAy eating meat is paap how about the daily stuff we use has animal ingredients ever thought about that???

I know some punjabi sikh girls don't eat meat they be like paap laggu baba ji gusse hau how about the lip sticks how about that expensive coach purses they use odhon punn milda? If that's something so called paap sin what ever we shouldn't be using the stuff that made of animal it also consider as sin ever thought about soap socks where they came from ???? Goats ya

Goats also produce milk that can be made into cheese, yogurt, soap and baby formula. Shirts socks tennis ball list go on and on ???!!!?? Anyone heard lard??

Lard is fat from pig abdomens and is used in shaving creams, soaps, make-up, baked goods and other foods they use it for tortious burritos don't tell me you never ate burrito in your life

How about pillow before we go to sleep??

Goose or duck insulating feathers. From slaughtered or cruelly exploited geese. Used as an insulator in quilts, parkas, sleeping bags, pillows, etc.

is quiting meat going to take us anywhere?!?

sat Sri AKAL Sub Nu,

I Been vegetarian all life. No milk anymore. (Makhan sometimes with protthay bad addiction)

No problems so far 31 years. In America hard. Eat fries,pizza,pasta, noodles, rice and punjabi Khana :) and vegi subs, porta Bella mushrooms,

So much dead animals in stores and restaurants only eat potatoes and pancakes for breakfast.

My baby's doctors told us she needs protein she need to eat meat when she's 8 months.

Now she's 2 year old (no meat looking like Sooraj Moki da Full)

Just eat all types of fruits weekly. Not same everyday. Eat past ho,almonds,peanuts.

Happy mind happy body. Sad mind. Sick body.

• 4 weeks later...

The BBC news today, after researching the bones of Gladiators revealed they were strictly vegetarians:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-29723384

I grew up in a time where meat eaters would say they were were naturally tougher than vegetarians.

These same meat eaters would describe themselves as 'gladiators'.

These same meat eaters would describe themselves as educated folowers of news but yet buried their heads in the sand when eggs causing salmonella was the main headline news.

These same meat eaters would describe themselves as educated folowers of news but yet buried their heads in the sand and carried on eating their McDonalds when mad cow disease was the main headline news.

These same meat eaters would describe themselves as educated folowers of news but yet buried their heads in the sand when the fact that Burger King had been feeding them horse disguised as beef was the main headline news.

These same meat eaters are today describing themselves as educated folowers of news yet are burying their heads in the sand now that bush meat causing EBOLA is becoming the headline news. :stupidme:

Just how many more messages does Waheguru have to send them ?

I don't really like to post on this subject but, ok you say veggies have a poor diet and are out of shape. However you are referring to the ones who over indulging. You say meat eater have a better diet, however as you have pointed out the veggies that 'over-indulged' compare them to the meat eater who over indulge. The over indulging meat eater are obese compared to the veggies, just look at the amount obese people around today indulging in red meat burgers, pies, Mayo, battered sausages kebabs plus eating all the veggie bad stuff as well. Of-course due to faith however as well as health reasons I would rather be a veggie. Have been over 9 years and never felt healthier lighter and haven't been over weight. You just need to eat healthy and eat right portions with exercise. I say the meat eaters need to change their diet and become veggie as they are the ones getting out of shape and becoming obese just look around today uk and us the amount of obese people there are. It's all the pies, chicken burgers, kebabs,steaks, etc.

Thanks you.

being vegan or vegetarian is not an instant death sentence for your strength or athletic performance as some may wish to believe (meat advocates) there have been many many studies and physiological science improvements and the body's intelligence and abilities to recycle and create protein tissue has been understood better, so no you don't have to combine amino acids at every meal the body can assemble from different meals over as much as a week . Too much protein to requirement? the surplus is processed and chucked out of the system this processing damages the kidneys and to some extent the liver if it occurs on a regular basis. So no you don't have to chug protein shakes to gain muscle look up vegan bodybuilding , or even vegan MMA and you will see many examples of strong healthy bodies built without meat, eggs or dairy.e.g Brendan Brazier,Mac Danzig,Jake Shields

Eating plant proteins in the form of raw green vegetables will give you the raw amino acids which can simply be built into the protein form needed less energy lost to the processing, whereas meat/eggs etc need to be diassembled and reassembled which is a less efficient conversion process. The other problems of dairy in the UK or west is that it is normally pasteurised and homogenised which destroys the healthfulness of the milk , raw milk is better in terms of digestability and immune system reactionwise (less inflammation in tissues).

we just need to trust Waheguru and eat more of his bounty without cooking to lose the chronic inflammation which creates autoimmune diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis and diabetes and rely less on grains and processed foods , which if you follow bibek would automatically happen

as ive states muscle recovery amongst vegetarian professional athletes is a lot better then meat eating athletes

getting your protein needs met through vegetables is far healthier and makes athletes stronger and better then getting protein from meat

problem is a lot of vegetarians don't get their protein needs met and are out of shape they are either super skinny or obese

MOST SIKH VEGETARIANS HAVE A HIGH CARB LOW PROTEIN DIET one of the reasons for diabetic problem in the community

a lot of vegetarian Sikhs are super skinny

SIKHS NEED TO BE EDUCATED HOW TO EAT PROPERLY AND GET THEIR PROTEIN NEEDS MET IF THEY WANT TO BE VEGETARIAN