Sign in to follow this  
TaksaliSinghni

What To Do With A New Dastar

• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

So I recently got a lot of new dastars from India but the dastar fabric just isn't coming out right is there a special way I should wash the fabrics or???

I don't know about the fabric, but in relation to the title: 'Wear it.' :lol2:

So I recently got a lot of new dastars from India but the dastar fabric just isn't coming out right is there a special way I should wash the fabrics or???

First soak dastar in water overnight,

then rub it with a desi soap (cream or brown coloured bar),

later smash it with a laundry bat.

Don't they teach this in Taksaal ?

Waheguru ji ka khalsa waheguru ji ki fateh,

I'm guessing you're in UK or US and have a stiff dastaar material ...wash in colour-friendly biological soap , rinse well , then put a little fabric conditioner in final rinse , wring out , shake it and dry smoothed out from a line/frame, when dry it will cooperate better and not give off too much lint.

I recently found out that if you soak a new dastar overnight in water mixed with laundry detergent and regular salt, the color that comes off is the maximum it will emit just that one time. After that you should see less color coming off when you wash the dastar.

if turban is new ....just soak it in the water and keep it for 15 to 30 mins for the first time... simple...... no need of detergent or soap for the first time... on the other hand depends on what kind of cotton it is.. chemical non chemical hydro or non hydro mamta or vimal or punjaban and last but not least that its number..... but the do the same thing with every kind of pagg........ bcz We are turban guys and we know its value.... :p

Edited by TurbanGuys

First soak dastar in water overnight,

then rub it with a desi soap (cream or brown coloured bar),

later smash it with a laundry bat.

Don't they teach this in Taksaal ?

LOL.....Pagg thoun da dasyaa ya khaddar da kambal ...:D

I recently found out that if you soak a new dastar overnight in water mixed with laundry detergent and regular salt, the color that comes off is the maximum it will emit just that one time. After that you should see less color coming off when you wash the dastar.

Never soak coloured turban in detergent.

Colour will fade rapidly & unevenly.

I get full voile from India. Just put one in the washing machine on a quick rinse and spin cycle (no powder or conditioner needed). Drape over something like a clothes rack, washing line or stairs landing to dry. It then needs no ironing. Now either fold and put away or wrap and wear. Do not put it on when uniformly damp because it will tighten too much. Better to just sprinkle a little water on it once dry. If like me you wear the nok style, use the handle side of a spoon to neaten the material and lars - never a pagri baaz, because you risk tearing the material.