Why Sikhism Failed To Spread After Nearly 500 Years?

SSD

This is the reason why I have the opinion that Sikhi isn't merely a religion, its way more than just that. It started as a revolution by Sahib Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Maharaj and was completed as a challenge by Dasmesh Pita Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji Maharaj. The reason our numbers are so small is because the number of people who can come forward and accept a challenge is usually pretty small. In 1699 it was 5 out of 80,000.

Then 35,000 woke up that day including Mughal spies who saw the whole thing and became khalsa ...in his last report there was NO tent. btw for the doubters

No one with the exception of the Jews faced the kind of persecution the Sikhs faced which would explain why we are both in small numbers. Had Sikhs not faced any persecution since the period of the Gurus, then very likely Sikhi would have spread all over Asia. Islam and Christianity faced very minor persecutions until they managed to spread(usually by force), nothing compared to what the Sikhs had to face who were literally struggling for their very survival. At one point during the 1700s, there was just a few thousand Sikhs left! Still Sikhs managed to come out on top and become rulers of Punjab.

This is actually false. For about 300 years Christians were prosecuted and killed until emporor Constantine became a Christian himself but before that the Christians were being killed left right and centre.

that's not true in the time of the mughals the sikh population was approx 120,000 in Vadda and chotta ghalugharey the Khalsa population was reduced by 70% remember that is men women and children. We are more than 15 million in India and estimates are around quarter to half million sikhs were killed during the eighties and nineties we can see it is not as drastic but it feels worse because there are so few khalsey at the starting point (5-10% estimates of total sikhs) and those who were killed were predominately amritdhari/keshadhri sikhs

Your looking at percentages relevant to the population of the time. Im looking at the total number. So yes what iv said is true too :)

And what of the hindus during mughal times? Pre 80s 90s? Post 90s?

u shud read how zoroastrians (parsis) were expelled from iran, and iran itself was FORCEFULLY conquered TWICE, 1st by arab sunnis, the by shias. South america was conquered and converted by portugese/spanish into christians, hence the old aztecs and the inca people r sumink u read in books now, not people u can meet. If maharaja ranjit singh/sikh misls/banda singh bahadur had done wat all other religious rulers done during their stints as sikh rulers, and converted every1 with the populations, then not 1 single hindu/muslim wud of been seen in 2014 north of delhi and east of the khyber pass & west of tibet! sometimes wen i see sikhs in s.asia as a lost power, it makes me at times, wish ranjit n co. did do it, but that wudnt b the sikhi/gurus way!

that was not done by mughals, that was the afghans (nadir shah/abdali), they were hated by mughals.

Bro, read about Lakhpat Rai and Jaspat Rai

penji i heard in katha from a very good giani ji i forgot, he is a credible source

that it was a huge tent , very costly

Think about it logically ...crowds of 80,000 and a big tent ...where would people be inspired ...why would people run away unless something scary happened , these are war-hardened people , standard response of Indians are to stand and stare (hard). I believe Guru ji took those heads and I believe he made the khalsa whole again in full view else why would the mohameddan spies report the same , no goats , no other room/hidden goings on ... Akal Purakh ne Khalsa sajjeiya apne hathi and that is what changed those hearts who were full of fear and hatred of Gursikhs. Aj kal school in UK thrown scorn on Panj piarey's bheta by saying it was just a trick that goats were sacrificed , my sons were livid hearing this and argued with the RE teacher ...who was an atheist anyways...My Guru ji is not a charlatan, trickster or liar he is Akal Purakh with all the cosmos in its control .

• twitter.png
  • email.png
  • print.png

This is actually false. For about 300 years Christians were prosecuted and killed until emporor Constantine became a Christian himself but before that the Christians were being killed left right and centre.

And what exactly did these Christians do after the Romans relented, they allowed their granth and dharam to be violated with pagan beliefs and propagation of idol worship and then they started doing things the roman way i.e. put people to the sword and conversion....the oppressed became the oppressors again the Jews have done the same